California Bar Exam (February 2014) thread

CourtneyElizabeth
Posts: 310
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:22 am

Re: California Bar Exam (February 2014) thread

Postby CourtneyElizabeth » Thu May 08, 2014 10:52 pm

"Requirement not Satisfied"

User avatar
a male human
Posts: 1687
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:42 pm

Re: California Bar Exam (February 2014) thread

Postby a male human » Thu May 08, 2014 10:59 pm

CourtneyElizabeth wrote:Do they typically do that? Update the requirements before results??

Probably not, but I feel like people were checking that last year.

User avatar
fl0w
Posts: 1404
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:46 am

Re: California Bar Exam (February 2014) thread

Postby fl0w » Thu May 08, 2014 11:47 pm

I can't take it anymore.

http://apps.calbar.ca.gov/exam/

CourtneyElizabeth
Posts: 310
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:22 am

Re: California Bar Exam (February 2014) thread

Postby CourtneyElizabeth » Thu May 08, 2014 11:57 pm

Blaahhhh!

User avatar
a male human
Posts: 1687
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:42 pm

Re: California Bar Exam (February 2014) thread

Postby a male human » Fri May 09, 2014 12:01 am

It's been nice knowing you guys

CourtneyElizabeth
Posts: 310
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:22 am

Re: California Bar Exam (February 2014) thread

Postby CourtneyElizabeth » Fri May 09, 2014 1:04 am

Oh stop. I wish we could have a board meeting. Get it? (Message) board meeting...at a bar...and complain to people who feel our pain!

User avatar
fl0w
Posts: 1404
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:46 am

Re: California Bar Exam (February 2014) thread

Postby fl0w » Fri May 09, 2014 1:47 am

I started dating someone and I'm afraid she will dump me if I fail.

User avatar
a male human
Posts: 1687
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:42 pm

Re: California Bar Exam (February 2014) thread

Postby a male human » Fri May 09, 2014 3:06 am

fl0w wrote:I started dating someone and I'm afraid she will dump me if I fail.

Is she the ass girl from the testing center?

I started messaging girls on OkCupid. If I get rejected by the Bar too, I don't know what I'm gonna do.

CourtneyElizabeth
Posts: 310
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:22 am

Re: California Bar Exam (February 2014) thread

Postby CourtneyElizabeth » Fri May 09, 2014 11:12 am

Flow- if she does she's a piece of shit gold digger. I'm sure she won't but if she does you saved yourself a lot of trouble with that one.
Male - my friend josh is marrying a girl he met on match.com next month. He also dated two complete duds before he met her. Hang in there. I know we're all anxious but don't let that anxiety slip into other facets of your life. It's just a test and we can take it as many times as we want/need/can stomach. These results don't define us.

User avatar
fl0w
Posts: 1404
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:46 am

Re: California Bar Exam (February 2014) thread

Postby fl0w » Fri May 09, 2014 1:22 pm

a male human wrote:
fl0w wrote:I started dating someone and I'm afraid she will dump me if I fail.

Is she the ass girl from the testing center?

I started messaging girls on OkCupid. If I get rejected by the Bar too, I don't know what I'm gonna do.



haha no, not that girl. although that would be hilarious. I don't think she' legit dump me. But I don't like the idea of "shaming" her. Like she'd have to tell her friends, yeah my bf used to be a lawyer but not anymore because he can't pass the bar. UGH.

Performance Test A
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri May 02, 2014 12:55 pm

Re: California Bar Exam (February 2014) thread

Postby Performance Test A » Fri May 09, 2014 2:19 pm

So after we log in what does it say if you fail? Does it actually say you failed or does it leave you hanging and just say nothing found.

User avatar
a male human
Posts: 1687
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:42 pm

Re: California Bar Exam (February 2014) thread

Postby a male human » Fri May 09, 2014 2:38 pm

Performance Test A wrote:So after we log in what does it say if you fail? Does it actually say you failed or does it leave you hanging and just say nothing found.

It's the worst dude. It tells you in red letters your name wasn't found in the pass list, so you're like "oh shit I should be more careful putting in these numbers" and after a few tries you're like "are you fucking serious" as you try to reconcile your hopes and dreams with the pressure of reality closing in on you. At some point, you're not sure what to do, so you try checking your name a few times more "maybe the system isn't totally updated yet" but no, these jackals don't dick around when it comes to keeping you out of their secret club, my friend. You have failed. And your failure will be known to all mankind.

CourtneyElizabeth
Posts: 310
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:22 am

Re: California Bar Exam (February 2014) thread

Postby CourtneyElizabeth » Fri May 09, 2014 3:59 pm

That was the best description of what it's like.

kershawfan
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:05 pm

Re: California Bar Exam (February 2014) thread

Postby kershawfan » Fri May 09, 2014 5:16 pm

What info is required in order to check results on Friday? I can't seem to find my badge from the test

User avatar
fl0w
Posts: 1404
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:46 am

Re: California Bar Exam (February 2014) thread

Postby fl0w » Fri May 09, 2014 6:15 pm

kershawfan wrote:What info is required in order to check results on Friday? I can't seem to find my badge from the test


try to log in from the link above. if you forgot the last number required, you can get it emailed to you. it's the number you need (which yes, was on your badge).

kershawfan
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:05 pm

Re: California Bar Exam (February 2014) thread

Postby kershawfan » Fri May 09, 2014 6:42 pm

fl0w wrote:
kershawfan wrote:What info is required in order to check results on Friday? I can't seem to find my badge from the test


try to log in from the link above. if you forgot the last number required, you can get it emailed to you. it's the number you need (which yes, was on your badge).


Thank you! I received that number after a past email. I wasn't sure if there was another number on the badge that I might not have.

User avatar
fl0w
Posts: 1404
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:46 am

Re: California Bar Exam (February 2014) thread

Postby fl0w » Fri May 09, 2014 8:51 pm

laughing my fucking ass off

Saccuzzo :roll:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ragLMAoTnUI

The modern bar exam is changing guyz!!!

Some calls are more targeted
Testing more obscure issues
Vague and ambiguous facts

User avatar
a male human
Posts: 1687
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:42 pm

Re: California Bar Exam (February 2014) thread

Postby a male human » Fri May 09, 2014 8:56 pm

fl0w wrote:laughing my fucking ass off

Saccuzzo :roll:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ragLMAoTnUI

The modern bar exam is changing guyz!!!

Some calls are more targeted
Testing more obscure issues
Vague and ambiguous facts


"I would expect that going forward we will see, from time to time, more questions like we did on the last bar."

This seems like a vague statement too. "From time to time, maybe we'll see some specific questions in the future"

Why are they making it harder than it already is? I can't afford to take it forever. I was hoping to own the PTs to make up for my weak essays, but SofTest had to go retard on me.

Performance Test A
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri May 02, 2014 12:55 pm

Re: California Bar Exam (February 2014) thread

Postby Performance Test A » Sun May 11, 2014 1:15 pm

a male human wrote:
Performance Test A wrote:So after we log in what does it say if you fail? Does it actually say you failed or does it leave you hanging and just say nothing found.

It's the worst dude. It tells you in red letters your name wasn't found in the pass list, so you're like "oh shit I should be more careful putting in these numbers" and after a few tries you're like "are you fucking serious" as you try to reconcile your hopes and dreams with the pressure of reality closing in on you. At some point, you're not sure what to do, so you try checking your name a few times more "maybe the system isn't totally updated yet" but no, these jackals don't dick around when it comes to keeping you out of their secret club, my friend. You have failed. And your failure will be known to all mankind.


Dam that's what I feared....

User avatar
fl0w
Posts: 1404
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:46 am

Re: California Bar Exam (February 2014) thread

Postby fl0w » Sun May 11, 2014 9:11 pm

brainstorming alternative career options. and whether or not i want to move back home.

User avatar
a male human
Posts: 1687
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:42 pm

Re: California Bar Exam (February 2014) thread

Postby a male human » Sun May 11, 2014 9:17 pm

fl0w wrote:brainstorming alternative career options. and whether or not i want to move back home.

Trying to get the first strike on dumping your girlfriend?

User avatar
fl0w
Posts: 1404
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:46 am

Re: California Bar Exam (February 2014) thread

Postby fl0w » Sun May 11, 2014 9:42 pm

a male human wrote:
fl0w wrote:brainstorming alternative career options. and whether or not i want to move back home.

Trying to get the first strike on dumping your girlfriend?


she's great, it's not that. it's just... you know... economy and stuff. unlike some people in SF I don't find living on the streets adventurous.

User avatar
a male human
Posts: 1687
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:42 pm

Re: California Bar Exam (February 2014) thread

Postby a male human » Sun May 11, 2014 10:08 pm

fl0w wrote:
a male human wrote:
fl0w wrote:brainstorming alternative career options. and whether or not i want to move back home.

Trying to get the first strike on dumping your girlfriend?


she's great, it's not that. it's just... you know... economy and stuff. unlike some people in SF I don't find living on the streets adventurous.

It's OK. Law school ruined my relationship and vice versa.

User avatar
fl0w
Posts: 1404
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:46 am

Re: California Bar Exam (February 2014) thread

Postby fl0w » Sun May 11, 2014 10:36 pm

a male human wrote:
fl0w wrote:It's OK. Law school ruined my relationship and vice versa.


oh law school def killed the relationship i was in before i entered.decided not to even try one until i was more settled in my life. I just haaaaad to go and meet someone. she'll be out of town when the results bomb drops though. at least she won't have to deal with the part where nobody knows what to say to me.

CourtneyElizabeth
Posts: 310
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:22 am

Re: California Bar Exam (February 2014) thread

Postby CourtneyElizabeth » Sun May 11, 2014 10:56 pm

Everyone THINKS they know what to say though. Ugh, well intentioned asses.




Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests