lol remedies essay, of course

JohnnyBeagle

Re: California Bar Exam (February 2014) thread

Postby JohnnyBeagle » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:12 pm

Haha fuck me

CourtneyElizabeth

Postby CourtneyElizabeth » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:12 pm

HAHAHA there is no way I passed. REMEDIES?! And ENTIRE remedies question? And fuck that guys shitty machine shop and that sun worship religion. Bah. See you guys in July. I legit walked out and was like can't wait to post to the TLS kiddos.

a male human

Postby a male human » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:12 pm

See you guys in July

Busyvee

Postby Busyvee » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:17 pm

OMG stupid remedies AGAIN
same here :evil: :cry:

CourtneyElizabeth

Postby CourtneyElizabeth » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:18 pm

I'm dying laughing my car at everyone's reactions.

CourtneyElizabeth

Postby CourtneyElizabeth » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:19 pm

I'm dying laughing my car at everyone's reactions. Basically I listed all the types of damages because I know the names. Just not anything else about them. :D

Hoggle

Postby Hoggle » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:20 pm

Was it real remedies though? It seemed like most of the analysis was fraud, misrepresentation, and implied fitness. Once you figured these out, remedies were straightforward and not much analysis.

Slansky

Postby Slansky » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:26 pm

Hoggle wrote:Was it real remedies though? It seemed like most of the analysis was fraud, misrepresentation, and implied fitness. Once you figured these out, remedies were straightforward and not much analysis.

Well how nice that must have been for you! :P

Busyvee

Postby Busyvee » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:26 pm

Hoggle wrote:Was it real remedies though? It seemed like most of the analysis was fraud, misrepresentation, and implied fitness. Once you figured these out, remedies were straightforward and not much analysis.

I put fraud and misrepresentation,but I messed up the remedy part anyway ... :shock:

a male human

Postby a male human » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:30 pm

What else is there to say beside: C is liable for fraudulent misrep and M for fraudulent nondisclosure? I thought even mentioning that was unnecessary bc the question tells you up front A has a cause for tort and contract. So i thought the meat of it was in legal and rest dmgs. And then a lot of copy pasting.

a male human

Postby a male human » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:32 pm

I was stumped by the 2nd call, 1st question

CourtneyElizabeth

Postby CourtneyElizabeth » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:40 pm

I QUICKLY touched upon fraud and misrepresent because the question said they were already liable it was just a matter of what damages....
What was the 2nd call? The town for not giving him the permit? I said he was SOL because it was destroyed. I was like well the broad that sold it to him was okay because she was there before the zoning...he was ok because he was like sheltered under her but once the building was gone tough luck??

El Pollito
party fowl

Postby El Pollito » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:48 pm

CourtneyElizabeth wrote:I QUICKLY touched upon fraud and misrepresent because the question said they were already liable it was just a matter of what damages....
What was the 2nd call? The town for not giving him the permit? I said he was SOL because it was destroyed. I was like well the broad that sold it to him was okay because she was there before the zoning...he was ok because he was like sheltered under her but once the building was gone tough luck??

That's what I said, but I was also completely talking out of my ass.

Busyvee

Postby Busyvee » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:54 pm

CourtneyElizabeth wrote:I QUICKLY touched upon fraud and misrepresent because the question said they were already liable it was just a matter of what damages....

I mentioned variance ... I don't know what's going on anymore :shock:

ChinaMex

Postby ChinaMex » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:55 pm

Hey all! I've been lurking on this thread for all of bar study season but felt the need to post this with ~30 mins before the final section because this ain't over!

I, like you, have just been pulverized by the three essays this morning (seriously, no evidence OR crim? depressing). Three things: (1) after this section, everyone at my testing center was a chatty cathy about the bullshit essays. People who have kept to themselves the entire exam had looks of disgust. This is good news. It wasn't like you, yourself, personally forgot remedies; everyone did. They can't fail us all!; (2) This morning was only 1/6 of our grade. A shitty morning shouldn't negate all the hard work and positives we've done thus far; and (3) No one knows what the hell is going to happen. No internet predictor or over-analysis of the MBE questions we got wrong are going to be able predict all the variables that are out of our control (e.g. curve, other examinee performance, etc.).

Basically, we still have three hours to make up some ground that may have been lost this morning. The best way to prep for the PT now is to shake off this shitty morning. Go team!!!!!

(on another note, if we get a PT that is some shit like "make a writ of replevin," I will delete this post because I will have lost hope :) )

MURPH

Postby MURPH » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:57 pm

This morning was bad. My con law prof never covered religion because that wasnt one of his hobbies. I should have studied it more too but i didnt. I also pulled out my remidies outline this morning then put it away because i thought they wouldnt ask remedies three tests in a row.
Ill rock this PT this afternoon. I feel good about it. I did a lot of practice pts and i am ready

El Pollito
party fowl

Postby El Pollito » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:57 pm

ChinaMex wrote:(on another note, if we get a PT that is some shit like "make a writ of replevin," I will delete this post because I will have lost hope :) )

:lol:

I laugh but this is probably coming.

El Pollito
party fowl

Postby El Pollito » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:59 pm

Idk if it was bad or good, but my impression from this entire thing is that CA Bar essays are "weird." I took New York a year and a half ago and the questions and what the fuck they wanted from you were far more comprehensible.

Busyvee

Postby Busyvee » Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:03 pm

El Pollito wrote:Idk if it was bad or good, but my impression from this entire thing is that CA Bar essays are "weird." I took New York a year and a half ago and the questions and what the fuck they wanted from you were far more comprehensible.

I know I should have stayed in NY,now I have to deal with this crap :evil:

Gloriaha

Postby Gloriaha » Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:11 pm

This is totally a game for the committee of examiners. The joke's on us.

Hoggle

Postby Hoggle » Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:19 pm

Busyvee wrote:

I mentioned variance ... I don't know what's going on anymore :shock:

I seriously did a like 2000 word analysis of the facts for fraud misrepresentation and fitness. I think an issue is what are they liable for, and why. That could be the only reason they gave us such a huge amount of facts. There wasn't much you could say for each remedy other than it is X, and they recover or not.

CourtneyElizabeth

Postby CourtneyElizabeth » Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:20 pm

At the risk of sounding like a 1L...it's cruel and unusual punishment.

Busyvee

Postby Busyvee » Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:25 pm

CourtneyElizabeth wrote:At the risk of sounding like a 1L...it's cruel and unusual punishment.

It is... :cry:
Unless we are all mentally challenged, which is even worse to punish sick people like that...

MURPH

Postby MURPH » Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:35 pm

Fuck that shit. I am going in there to dominate that PT. Cal bar can suck it

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”