California Bar Exam (February 2014) thread

tessellating

Re: California Bar Exam (February 2014) thread

Postby tessellating » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:50 am

At this point the rules are in your brainz somewhere. Just grab a pillow, scream into it, then hug it ever so gently and drift off to sleep.

HA. This made my day.

Good luck, everyone!! Positive thoughts. Let's give 'em hell. Don't let the anxiety and stress override all the hard work you've put in.

a male human

Postby a male human » Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:15 am

"Positive Force" from the game VVVVVV. Listening to it makes me feel like I'm pushing forward and breaking through challenges. In one part of the game where this plays you have to continuously move up as fast as you can without messing up pretty much; I hope to transfer that intent to the bar. Hope it lets everyone sleep with positive and determined thoughts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDKsV6AW1HM

Be back on Thursday unless I want to bitch about some craptastic prompt.

CourtneyElizabeth

Postby CourtneyElizabeth » Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:37 am

Go back? No good at all. Go sideways? Impossible. Go forward? Only thing to do! On we go!

I'll check in with you crazy bastards tomorrow night. Good luck everyone. :)

1swift

Postby 1swift » Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:41 am

Good luck all.

Be confident!

a male human

Postby a male human » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:41 am

A garbage truck that I thought was a bulldozer made a lot of noise from 3-5 am until I remembered I had earplugs. I woke up several times (within my dreams too, somehow). If I can pass this, so can you.

Hoggle

Postby Hoggle » Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:41 pm

Three CA subjects?

I did Civ Pro w/ 25 mins left. What is the difference between 50 and 55?

CourtneyElizabeth

Postby CourtneyElizabeth » Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:59 pm

An ENTIRE PR ESSAY? Community Property AGAIN?! And yeah I defffff didn't finish that civ pro remedies one. I'm laughing alone in my car eating my Wendy's. Like...wtf? I'll take a 55. Hell I'll take anything as long as I pass this god damned thing.

CourtneyElizabeth

Postby CourtneyElizabeth » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:00 pm

And did that last one say answer according to CA law? Oops hahaha

1swift

Postby 1swift » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:02 pm

CourtneyElizabeth wrote:And did that last one say answer according to CA law? Oops hahaha

No...Thankfully still no Cal Civ pro. I didn't get how the 2nd call was different from the first...Oh well

Surprising to see CP back.

El Pollito
party fowl

Postby El Pollito » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:03 pm

CourtneyElizabeth wrote:And did that last one say answer according to CA law? Oops hahaha

Don't fucking scare me like that.

Gloriaha

Postby Gloriaha » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:03 pm

PR
Community Property
Civ Pro

a male human

Postby a male human » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:04 pm

Wait WHAT No Way

And Wtf Was The Difference Between The First And Second Call Jesus F. Christ

(My Phone Is Making These Caps)

a male human

Postby a male human » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:06 pm

Will We See A crim Essay On Thurs? You Never Know With These bastards. I Cranked Myself By Studying Corp Pr Crossovers But Not Prosecutors Duties

CourtneyElizabeth

Postby CourtneyElizabeth » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:15 pm

Y'all are so funny. I'm reading these in my car alone laughin. I look insane. What do we think this PT will be? Writing a will that includes statutes and depositions and discovery?

JohnnyBeagle

Postby JohnnyBeagle » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:17 pm

Wasn't expecting cp again but I think I did well on it

Had trouble organizing the third essay because of the similar calls of the question

Let's hope for a non-clusterfuck PT

CourtneyElizabeth

Postby CourtneyElizabeth » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:18 pm

Yeah third one was odd, I agree with you all as to the calls of the questions being very similar. If I had time to finish I'm sure it wouldn't have made a difference hah

a male human

Postby a male human » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:22 pm

That feel when you realize you forgot to put something pretty important about removal

Hopefully it's not worth many points

Wish we had spoiler tags so i can spare ppl who don't want to know

a male human

Postby a male human » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:44 pm

I'm so bloated from stuffing myself at lunch (guess where I'm typing this from).

My fucking SofTest bugged out in the middle of the PT and wouldn't let me insert spaces unless I typed in at least two other characters after the invisible space and deleted them. Could have done better but for that and the perpetual lag I have on it wtf. Hopefully the grader doesn't see a bunch of words with leading a's due to my trying to insert spaces.

Hoggle

Postby Hoggle » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:48 pm

If anyone else had the Softest glitch that pevented them from finishing the second half of the PT, know that it happened to me and 10 or more people in Ontario. I showed it to a proctor. After it started, I was unable to finish my PT. Literally every word that was typed had like three spaces, and letters were shoved in between words. When I hit back space, huge swathes were erased. I was done after that first half because I had already put my outline together on the computer. There was no way I was going to be able to finish the test on paper at that point.

We have started a uniform complaint here in Ontario. It would be helpful if anyone else who was having the issue report it. My test center was so worried about it that they created a uniform case for CA bar to review.

Also, here is the threat I started to report this issue PM me as well if you had the issue:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=225291

CourtneyElizabeth

Postby CourtneyElizabeth » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:04 pm

I didn't have a softtest problem, but I noticed even in the morning session, that a number of people had to get the Bright Orange Folder of Death. apparently there were a lot of issues.

As for the PT substance wise, what did you guys think? DEF not as awful as Julys mindfucks.

fl0w

Postby fl0w » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:08 pm

Hoggle wrote:If anyone else had the Softest glitch that pevented them from finishing the second half of the PT, know that it happened to me and 10 or more people in Ontario. I showed it to a proctor. After it started, I was unable to finish my PT. Literally every word that was typed had like three spaces, and letters were shoved in between words. When I hit back space, huge swathes were erased. I was done after that first half because I had already put my outline together on the computer. There was no way I was going to be able to finish the test on paper at that point.

We have started a uniform complaint here in Ontario. It would be helpful if anyone else who was having the issue report it. My test center was so worried about it that they created a uniform case for CA bar to review.

Also, here is the threat I started to report this issue PM me as well if you had the issue:

please outline on paper next time. we tried to stress the importance of this earlier.

Hoggle

Postby Hoggle » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:08 pm

CourtneyElizabeth wrote:I didn't have a softtest problem, but I noticed even in the morning session, that a number of people had to get the Bright Orange Folder of Death. apparently there were a lot of issues.

As for the PT substance wise, what did you guys think? DEF not as awful as Julys mindfucks.

Not a bad PT, just wish I could have gotten past my black letter law and actually applied the facts. Oh well.

fl0w

Postby fl0w » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:11 pm

a male human wrote:

Wait WHAT No Way

And Wtf Was The Difference Between The First And Second Call Jesus F. Christ

(My Phone Is Making These Caps)

<removed> i couldn't remember if we are allowed to discuss substantively what we may or may not have written.
Last edited by fl0w on Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fl0w

Postby fl0w » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:13 pm

Oddly I was very ready for civ pro (although i was hoping for personal and subject matter jurisdiction) and CP. All the predictions said they probably weren't going to be on there but I guess I lucked out.

The PR question was in an unexpected area. A lot of people in Oakland were grumbling about it.

The PT was nowhere near as bad as July '13. Thank lawd. But... people in Oakland were still grumbly over it.

But... given what just appeared on the essays... WTF is gonna pop up on thursday nowz?!? 5 of the "predicted" topics still left, lulz.

a male human

Postby a male human » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:27 pm

fl0w wrote:
Hoggle wrote:If anyone else had the Softest glitch that pevented them from finishing the second half of the PT, know that it happened to me and 10 or more people in Ontario. I showed it to a proctor. After it started, I was unable to finish my PT. Literally every word that was typed had like three spaces, and letters were shoved in between words. When I hit back space, huge swathes were erased. I was done after that first half because I had already put my outline together on the computer. There was no way I was going to be able to finish the test on paper at that point.

please outline on paper next time. we tried to stress the importance of this earlier.

I thought about fl0w's suggestion and thought "oh well" and continued to outline on screen. I did remember your thing about not analogizing/distinguishing, though. I didn't do any of that, not like I needed to. All the cases were on point, as far as I know.

As for essays, everything was on things I skimmed or didn't practice: prosecutor duties (one line in my outline), removal, all of comm prop.

XD

Courtney's mnemonic helped me out a bit, though: courts feel differently

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”