California Bar Exam (February 2014) thread

LegalReality

Re: California Bar Exam (February 2014) thread

Postby LegalReality » Thu May 15, 2014 10:03 pm

Tested with multiple friends and same message. Logically there is no reason someone would register for the bar unless they failed, so it makes sense to have that message be automatic.

squirtle

Postby squirtle » Thu May 15, 2014 10:05 pm

im so confused

a male human wrote:Are you registering for the State Bar or the CA Bar Exam?

Slansky

Postby Slansky » Thu May 15, 2014 10:09 pm

a male human wrote:Yeah, they have a minute-increment countdown as it gets closer. I don't know why they don't just email people ASAP.

because they are assholes

a male human

Postby a male human » Thu May 15, 2014 10:11 pm

squirtle wrote:im so confused

a male human wrote:Are you registering for the State Bar or the CA Bar Exam?

Yesterday when we tried this, we got a different message. When I first tried this I was accidentally registering for an account at the State Bar or some shit. Anyway, I just tried registering for the Bar Exam and got the same message as you:

Your submission for this screen was not accepted and cannot be saved until you correct the following errors or omissions:
You can continue to submit your exam application, however, the Committee of Bar Examiners’ records indicate that you have not registered previously as a law student or as an attorney. An approved registration is required within 10 days of submitting this application or by the Final Filing Deadline or the application will be terminated.

If you are sure that you have previously registered, you may continue the California Bar Examination Application by clicking the Next button below.

If you are an applicant who has not been admitted to practice law, please click the "App Manager" button on the left navigation, select "Register with the State Bar" and complete the application as required. Registration approval requires receipt of all undergraduate transcripts unless you have a bachelor's degree.

If you are an applicant who has been admitted to practice law in another jurisdiction, you may submit your registration simultaneously with your California Bar Examination application by responding "Yes" to the question "Would you like to register now?" on Screen 5 – Jurisdiction Information.
If you cannot correct the errors on this page and would like to come back to it later, you can move on using the Skip & Jump feature.

Bar requirements remain not satisfied

squirtle

Postby squirtle » Thu May 15, 2014 10:27 pm

just got this after messing around….

Your submission for this screen was not accepted and cannot be saved until you correct the following errors or omissions:
Immediate repeater: The information you provided matches the information contained in the immediate repeater file. Please respond "Yes" to the question "Were you unsuccessful...", and apply as an immediate repeater or contact the Los Angeles Office of Admissions at (213) 765-1500.
If you cannot correct the errors on this page and would like to come back to it later, you can move on using the Skip & Jump feature.

a male human

Postby a male human » Thu May 15, 2014 10:31 pm

I think you get that if you answered no for the last question. Everyone else has it

CourtneyElizabeth

Postby CourtneyElizabeth » Thu May 15, 2014 10:58 pm

Get a grip crazies, we find out TOMORROW.
Ugh. Can't they just pass us for trying?

CourtneyElizabeth

Postby CourtneyElizabeth » Thu May 15, 2014 11:01 pm

I don't mean to be flippant. Honestly, I just know I'm gonna get that "You're not on the list, IDIOT" notification.

fl0w

Postby fl0w » Fri May 16, 2014 3:01 am

CourtneyElizabeth wrote:I don't mean to be flippant. Honestly, I just know I'm gonna get that "You're not on the list, IDIOT" notification.

flip you say? --ImageRemoved--

a male human

Postby a male human » Fri May 16, 2014 3:11 am

flow are asses all you think about

fl0w

Postby fl0w » Fri May 16, 2014 3:21 am

a male human wrote:flow are asses all you think about

I'm 90% sure my PTA response was me typing the lyrics to "baby got back" from memory.

Not gonna lie. Ass occupies a fare share of my thought process.

a male human

Postby a male human » Fri May 16, 2014 3:53 am

I should just call you George McFly since you're such a butthead! Haha jk I can't fall asleep, and I recently watched bttf on my flight back last week

Duchovnysfan

Postby Duchovnysfan » Fri May 16, 2014 4:16 am

Slansky wrote:
a male human wrote:Yeah, they have a minute-increment countdown as it gets closer. I don't know why they don't just email people ASAP.

I rather know exactly when my score is in than having an estimated guess as to when my score is in. Most states estimate when they'll get scores, they are not exact dates. Having done a bar exam in another jurisdiction, I'd kill to know when exactly my scores will come rather than guessing and using smoke signals to figure out when my score will show itself.

Also, in July over 8,000 people are taking and in February is about maybe a 30-40% of that; so they need to correct them and given it is three days worth of testing it is going take a bit.

El Pollito
party fowl

Postby El Pollito » Fri May 16, 2014 6:31 am

I can't believe this registration conspiracy is still going on. CALM YOUR TITTIES.

Jay Heizenburg

Postby Jay Heizenburg » Fri May 16, 2014 6:36 am

Duchovnysfan wrote:
Slansky wrote:

I rather know exactly when my score is in than having an estimated guess as to when my score is in. Most states estimate when they'll get scores, they are not exact dates. Having done a bar exam in another jurisdiction, I'd kill to know when exactly my scores will come rather than guessing and using smoke signals to figure out when my score will show itself.

Also, in July over 8,000 people are taking and in February is about maybe a 30-40% of that; so they need to correct them and given it is three days worth of testing it is going take a bit.

Estimated or exact, the results still take too long in my opinion. I know there were a number of law schools that complained about this but I can't find the link. With so much on the line, there should be absolute urgency in turn-around. But from what I understand, considering the low pay, bar graders basically work their daytime jobs and moonlight grading essays on the side. No wonder there's so much confusion as to grading standards, and the internal belief that grading often times is arbitrary . . . especially between the given fluctuations between 1st and 2nd reads.

As you can see, I'm panicking and stressed the fuck out.

MURPH

Postby MURPH » Fri May 16, 2014 7:37 am

Since I am up all damn night maybe I'll just sleep the day away and wake up at 6 pm.

Performance Test A

Postby Performance Test A » Fri May 16, 2014 8:37 am

They are having problems on the state bar website right now... the pass list webpage won't load for me

GoDucks85

Postby GoDucks85 » Fri May 16, 2014 9:42 am

Same here, when I try to logon I get an error message.

CourtneyElizabeth

Postby CourtneyElizabeth » Fri May 16, 2014 11:15 am

Probably because they're working on it now.
Also, I agree with Jay - results take far too long. And everyone knows that more people take it in July so why does it take just as long in Feb?! Ugh today is the day I swear off becoming a licensed atty in the state of California forever.

fl0w

Postby fl0w » Fri May 16, 2014 11:34 am

CourtneyElizabeth wrote:Probably because they're working on it now.
Also, I agree with Jay - results take far too long. And everyone knows that more people take it in July so why does it take just as long in Feb?! Ugh today is the day I swear off becoming a licensed atty in the state of California forever.

Doesn't it actually take a month less in Feb? For July you get them mid-november right? Feb you get them mid-may.

And the stories about graders.. wow don't get me started. These guys straight up grade things in the car. Way less than one minute per essay. I've heard credible stories of graders grading an essay at a stoplight.

MBAtoJD

Postby MBAtoJD » Fri May 16, 2014 11:51 am

So...this weather, right? :|

Jay Heizenburg

Postby Jay Heizenburg » Fri May 16, 2014 11:58 am

Flow:

With all due respect, you have to take that booty-flip photo down . . . it's just too mesmerizing.

No female is going to understand that. No disrespect Courtney. :lol:

#fellowbootylover

CourtneyElizabeth

Postby CourtneyElizabeth » Fri May 16, 2014 12:02 pm

haha!! I am A-OK with it. I'm Jealous, if truth be told. I have a boring little white girl ass.

But you're right fl0w, results do come quicker in February. I'm just bitter about the whole process. Also - I remember us all talking about graders and the stories that were coming out of the wood work were insane. Stop lights, and toilet breaks and other completely inappropriate grading times. I bolded and underlined a lot of shit so maybe that'll help me when they're BARELY GLANCING AT MY BLOOD SWEAT AND TEARS.

It's already 80 degrees and it's just 9:00. Holy hell. beach anyone?!

fl0w

Postby fl0w » Fri May 16, 2014 12:26 pm

Jay Heizenburg wrote:Flow:

With all due respect, you have to take that booty-flip photo down . . . it's just too mesmerizing.

No female is going to understand that. No disrespect Courtney. :lol:

#fellowbootylover

#makeitclap #roundofapplause

I actually managed to go to work today. I'm definitely going to end up getting nothing done and going back home at lunch.

a male human

Postby a male human » Fri May 16, 2014 12:48 pm

Is round of applause a pun I think it is?

Like round
And clapping

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”