California Bar Exam (February 2014) thread Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
MURPH

Silver

Re: California Bar Exam (February 2014) thread

Post by MURPH » Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:44 pm

I am working at LAFLA (legal aid, LA). I started a couple of weeks ago. It is a 1 year fellowship but I am not sure if it is going to go anywhere. I may still try to do the PA/NJ bar in February. I just do not want to study for it.

a male human

Gold

Post by a male human » Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:06 pm

BTW, if you (whoever is reading this) have 1) taken the same bar more than once and 2) used a tutor at some point, I would appreciate a PM.

I am looking to interview you with 10 questions regarding your experience as part of a new post in a couple months.

Carryon

Bronze

Post by Carryon » Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:03 pm

a male human wrote:A lot of people I know have moved to the SD area (as have I). Bay area is too much of a clusterfuck.
By the way, how is everything going in San Diego, (e.g. work and/or other activities)? I hear that the weather is nice (need some rain).

a male human

Gold

Post by a male human » Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:48 pm

Carryon wrote:
a male human wrote:A lot of people I know have moved to the SD area (as have I). Bay area is too much of a clusterfuck.
By the way, how is everything going in San Diego, (e.g. work and/or other activities)? I hear that the weather is nice (need some rain).
Work is...something I'm trying to figure out. Learning curve. But appreciating the opportunity to learn and harden my heart to firm life.

Weather is pretty nice, but it's way too hot in my apartment. We also had a heat wave recently. Def need more clouds (there were a couple of mornings with sprinkles). I'm in my boxers until morning as soon as I get home.

I live in a family town away from downtown, so I don't really have activities. Just trying to focus on work and personal projects.

How's it going with you?

Carryon

Bronze

Post by Carryon » Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:16 pm

a male human wrote:
Carryon wrote:
Work is...something I'm trying to figure out. Learning curve. But appreciating the opportunity to learn and harden my heart to firm life.

Weather is pretty nice, but it's way too hot in my apartment. We also had a heat wave recently. Def need more clouds (there were a couple of mornings with sprinkles). I'm in my boxers until morning as soon as I get home.

I live in a family town away from downtown, so I don't really have activities. Just trying to focus on work and personal projects.

How's it going with you?
Working, spending time with family, and waiting for my exam results. I keep thinking about the stuff I messed up in the exam. I have been doing more trademark work than patent work, since our firm seems to be getting more trademark work. Unlike much of California, the weather here in Ohio has been wet and is getting colder (starting to wear a jacket). What type of patents are you preparing and prosecuting?

I used this book as a guide to drafting patent applications. "How to Write a Patent Application 2nd Ed (Intellectual Property Law Library)" by Jeffrey G. Sheldon. Below is a link to purchase the book.
http://www.amazon.com/Patent-Applicatio ... 13-2057762

Though a little pricey, it was pretty good. I still use it from time to time as a reference when I draft patent applications.

I also used this volume set, Patent Prosecution by Irah Donner for help in prosecuting patents.
Here is a link to purchase. http://www.amazon.com/Patent-Prosecutio ... ion+donner

I got this used at the reduced price.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

a male human

Gold

Post by a male human » Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:33 pm

So far I've seen arts pertaining to electronic (inductive) devices, telecommunications (TV and Internet, not my fav), and artificial intelligence (my fav!). Had to draft an app for the inductive device, and taking a free course while waiting for my first bar result last year helped tremendously in understanding and writing about it. I don't even want to see how my app for the TV guide got eviscerated. Mostly prosecuting rather than drafting. One of the partners is writing a bunch of apps and is intensely stressed out all the time. I was so scared one time I skipped out on a meeting.

Got a device/method for curing colic and fussiness in a baby, lol.

Those books and CDs are pretty pricey. They want me to conform to their style anyway (let go of an experienced attorney because their styles clashed too much).

Carryon

Bronze

Post by Carryon » Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:12 pm

a male human wrote:So far I've seen arts pertaining to electronic (inductive) devices, telecommunications (TV and Internet, not my fav), and artificial intelligence (my fav!). Had to draft an app for the inductive device, and taking a free course while waiting for my first bar result last year helped tremendously in understanding and writing about it. I don't even want to see how my app for the TV guide got eviscerated. Mostly prosecuting rather than drafting. One of the partners is writing a bunch of apps and is intensely stressed out all the time. I was so scared one time I skipped out on a meeting.

Got a device/method for curing colic and fussiness in a baby, lol.

Those books and CDs are pretty pricey. They want me to conform to their style anyway (let go of an experienced attorney because their styles clashed too much).
I did some patent work related to inductive devices as well. I did some patent work related to the internet too mostly related to ATMs. I noticed now that some software patents (eg business method patents) are getting rejected under 35 USC 101, since they are related to abstract ideas. The patent practice has changed a little since passage of the AIA.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”