California Bar Exam (February 2014) thread Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
fl0w

Silver

Re: California Bar Exam (February 2014) thread

Post by fl0w » Thu May 15, 2014 1:48 pm

AntiHuman wrote:Are you guys checking results friday or just waiting till sunday? Its better to be depressed on a sunday than a friday night. But if you pass, then you can have the best weekend of your life as opposed to being super happy on a sunday. I'll be in SD so I don't want to be super happy on a sunday when i take my flight back home lol.
since i'm getting fired if i fail, i'll be checking as soon as possible so i can prepare myself for the firing on Monday.

CourtneyElizabeth

Bronze

Post by CourtneyElizabeth » Thu May 15, 2014 1:50 pm

I'm just gonna look and get it over with. Knowing they're there to see…theres no way I can't NOT look.

CourtneyElizabeth

Bronze

Post by CourtneyElizabeth » Thu May 15, 2014 2:01 pm

Seriously fl0w they won't let you retake it?

fl0w

Silver

Post by fl0w » Thu May 15, 2014 2:10 pm

CourtneyElizabeth wrote:Seriously fl0w they won't let you retake it?
this was them letting me retake it.

CourtneyElizabeth

Bronze

Post by CourtneyElizabeth » Thu May 15, 2014 2:11 pm

Oof. Well say you can't log in to check for some reason and you have to wait for the mail results to come in. Delay delay delay. Unless of course you pass - WHICH IM SURE YOU WILL!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

a male human

Gold

Post by a male human » Thu May 15, 2014 2:26 pm

I have no self-control, so I will end up checking before Sunday even if I tried to delay it.

Also, the weekend will serve as a shock buffer should I fail.

But I'm going to a wedding reception on Saturday. Maybe I should check Saturday night.

fl0w

Silver

Post by fl0w » Thu May 15, 2014 2:39 pm

CourtneyElizabeth wrote:Oof. Well say you can't log in to check for some reason and you have to wait for the mail results to come in. Delay delay delay. Unless of course you pass - WHICH IM SURE YOU WILL!
right except the list is posted publicly after the weekend.

fl0w

Silver

Post by fl0w » Thu May 15, 2014 4:11 pm

jaltoon183 wrote:Also, I did not repeat the July one. February was my first time taking it. So that rules that out.
from a programming standpoint, it would make sense to put you in the repeater file after the first time you take the exam because any subsequent time you register you will, in fact, be a repeater. Even though you are not YET a repeater because you technically haven't registered.

<pushes nerd glasses up bridge of nose>

CourtneyElizabeth

Bronze

Post by CourtneyElizabeth » Thu May 15, 2014 4:13 pm

I forgot they post the list. Ugh.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

a male human

Gold

Post by a male human » Thu May 15, 2014 4:22 pm

fl0w wrote:
jaltoon183 wrote:Also, I did not repeat the July one. February was my first time taking it. So that rules that out.
from a programming standpoint, it would make sense to put you in the repeater file after the first time you take the exam because any subsequent time you register you will, in fact, be a repeater. Even though you are not YET a repeater because you technically haven't registered.

yea

rburgundy

New

Post by rburgundy » Thu May 15, 2014 4:26 pm

Most likely taking it for a second time. If anyone has tips on how to amp up my motivation to study my buns off, now would be a great time to post them.

:x

CourtneyElizabeth

Bronze

Post by CourtneyElizabeth » Thu May 15, 2014 4:30 pm

Burgundy - I am afraid I can't help since I couldn't motive myself at all.

a male human

Gold

Post by a male human » Thu May 15, 2014 4:32 pm

rburgundy wrote:Most likely taking it for a second time. If anyone has tips on how to amp up my motivation to study my buns off, now would be a great time to post them.

:x
I'll let you know if I pass

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

El Pollito

Diamond

Post by El Pollito » Thu May 15, 2014 6:01 pm

Do they actually wait until 6PM the day of to release results?

MURPH

Silver

Post by MURPH » Thu May 15, 2014 6:09 pm

Yep. They won't let you peek in at 5:55 pm. You just have to sit and wait.

a male human

Gold

Post by a male human » Thu May 15, 2014 6:18 pm

Yeah, they have a minute-increment countdown as it gets closer. I don't know why they don't just email people ASAP.

El Pollito

Diamond

Post by El Pollito » Thu May 15, 2014 6:20 pm

a male human wrote:Yeah, they have a minute-increment countdown as it gets closer. I don't know why they don't just email people ASAP.
Damn, that's sadistic.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

fl0w

Silver

Post by fl0w » Thu May 15, 2014 6:37 pm

Considering taking a vacation day tomorrow and just getting hammered when I wake up.

jaltoon183

New

Post by jaltoon183 » Thu May 15, 2014 7:08 pm

Checking on Sunday rather than Friday? If my attempts to best the system are any indicator, I'm checking ASA-humanly-P.
fl0w wrote:

For sure, it was the fact that in 2011 people were reporting the opposite message (not being on the repeater list), that threw me off. But, given the fact that everyone on this board, and the other board I posted it on, have all gotten the same message, either we all failed, or I wasted everyone's time with my hunch (which: sorry about that).

a male human

Gold

Post by a male human » Thu May 15, 2014 7:55 pm

NP, it was good practice for the excitement tomorrow

squirtle

New

Post by squirtle » Thu May 15, 2014 9:27 pm

any february takers try applying for the july 2014 exam? what happens

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

a male human

Gold

Post by a male human » Thu May 15, 2014 9:38 pm

Read the page you're on and the page before

Me 23 hours from now:

squirtle

New

Post by squirtle » Thu May 15, 2014 9:56 pm

Your submission for this screen was not accepted and cannot be saved until you correct the following errors or omissions:
You can continue to submit your exam application, however, the Committee of Bar Examiners’ records indicate that you have not registered previously as a law student or as an attorney. An approved registration is required within 10 days of submitting this application or by the Final Filing Deadline or the application will be terminated.

If you are sure that you have previously registered, you may continue the California Bar Examination Application by clicking the Next button below.

If you are an applicant who has not been admitted to practice law, please click the "App Manager" button on the left navigation, select "Register with the State Bar" and complete the application as required. Registration approval requires receipt of all undergraduate transcripts unless you have a bachelor's degree.

If you are an applicant who has been admitted to practice law in another jurisdiction, you may submit your registration simultaneously with your California Bar Examination application by responding "Yes" to the question "Would you like to register now?" on Screen 5 – Jurisdiction Information.
If you cannot correct the errors on this page and would like to come back to it later, you can move on using the Skip & Jump feature.

squirtle

New

Post by squirtle » Thu May 15, 2014 9:57 pm

is this what you guys are getting? man I'm tripping balls here

squirtle wrote:Your submission for this screen was not accepted and cannot be saved until you correct the following errors or omissions:
You can continue to submit your exam application, however, the Committee of Bar Examiners’ records indicate that you have not registered previously as a law student or as an attorney. An approved registration is required within 10 days of submitting this application or by the Final Filing Deadline or the application will be terminated.

If you are sure that you have previously registered, you may continue the California Bar Examination Application by clicking the Next button below.

If you are an applicant who has not been admitted to practice law, please click the "App Manager" button on the left navigation, select "Register with the State Bar" and complete the application as required. Registration approval requires receipt of all undergraduate transcripts unless you have a bachelor's degree.

If you are an applicant who has been admitted to practice law in another jurisdiction, you may submit your registration simultaneously with your California Bar Examination application by responding "Yes" to the question "Would you like to register now?" on Screen 5 – Jurisdiction Information.
If you cannot correct the errors on this page and would like to come back to it later, you can move on using the Skip & Jump feature.

a male human

Gold

Post by a male human » Thu May 15, 2014 10:02 pm

Are you registering for the State Bar or the CA Bar Exam?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”