Re: THEMIS BAR REVIEW Hangout.

Postby 09042014 » Thu May 30, 2013 4:01 pm

Themis Bar Review wrote:Hey everyone,

I saw that you had some questions regarding the TX practice essays. Please read the following message from our editorial attorneys.

The Texas Bar Examiners test Corporations, Partnerships, LLC's, Agency, etc. under the heading Business Associations. The examiners will often test more than one aspect of Business Associations in one question. I am sorry if the combination question came before you had greater time with the area of LLC's. You will have more time with the subject in Partnerships which is upcoming in your schedule. Once you finish it, you should be able to handle any Business Associations question the examiners send your way.

Thanks,

EJ
Themis Bar Review

Hey quick question, how many practice MBE's questions are available on themis?

Themis Bar Review

Postby Themis Bar Review » Thu May 30, 2013 4:28 pm

Desert Fox wrote:

I saw that you had some questions regarding the TX practice essays. Please read the following message from our editorial attorneys.

The Texas Bar Examiners test Corporations, Partnerships, LLC's, Agency, etc. under the heading Business Associations. The examiners will often test more than one aspect of Business Associations in one question. I am sorry if the combination question came before you had greater time with the area of LLC's. You will have more time with the subject in Partnerships which is upcoming in your schedule. Once you finish it, you should be able to handle any Business Associations question the examiners send your way.

Thanks,

EJ
Themis Bar Review

Thousands. I can honestly say that no student has ever exhausted our test bank of MBE practice questions. We welcome all challengers, though.

EJ
Themis Bar Review

Postby 09042014 » Thu May 30, 2013 4:30 pm

Themis Bar Review wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:

Thanks,

EJ
Themis Bar Review

Thousands. I can honestly say that no student has ever exhausted our test bank of MBE practice questions. We welcome all challengers, though.

EJ
Themis Bar Review

Cool, thats what I wanted to know thanks.

HETPE3B

Postby HETPE3B » Thu May 30, 2013 4:40 pm

Go to the flex study mode and click on MBE PQs. If you add up the numbers in parentheses, you'll arrive at the number you're looking for. Unless I'm missing another bank of MBE questions (milestone exams?).

Here's my question - are they all actual past MBE questions? Are they reflective of the difficulty of the real thing (if they are real questions, are they a representative sample or did Themis pick out the harder ones)?

mjj

Postby mjj » Thu May 30, 2013 4:57 pm

Thanks,

EJ
Themis Bar Review

I'm also taking Texas, but I haven't gotten to this point yet. Would you recommend saving the essay (working through Flex mode) until we've seen the LLC information? I don't want to waste the question by going in cold, I didn't take any business classes in LS.

Citizen Genet

Postby Citizen Genet » Thu May 30, 2013 5:02 pm

mjj wrote:

Thanks,

EJ
Themis Bar Review

I'm also taking Texas, but I haven't gotten to this point yet. Would you recommend saving the essay (working through Flex mode) until we've seen the LLC information? I don't want to waste the question by going in cold, I didn't take any business classes in LS.

I don't work for them is and air would definitely recommend it. I felt pretty useless for that essay. And since the material is just a day apart, I don't think it will make a big deal.

bceagles182

Postby bceagles182 » Thu May 30, 2013 5:07 pm

HETPE3B wrote:
locusdelicti wrote:John Jeffries is the shit. I wish he'd taught Con Law at my school.

I like his subtle humor, especially in the Establishment Clause material.

My favorite so far, though, is Neal Newman who teaches Commercial Paper. Accidentally stumbled upon him, couldn't help but watch every remaining lecture.

I just reached the establishment stuff. Hilarious.

Bronx Bum

Postby Bronx Bum » Thu May 30, 2013 5:52 pm

It's early but I'm really happy with Themis so far. I have some Kaplan questions and I'm killing the Con law questions even after one-throughing the themis outline-handout-lecture.

Themis Bar Review

Postby Themis Bar Review » Thu May 30, 2013 5:59 pm

HETPE3B wrote:Go to the flex study mode and click on MBE PQs. If you add up the numbers in parentheses, you'll arrive at the number you're looking for. Unless I'm missing another bank of MBE questions (milestone exams?).

Here's my question - are they all actual past MBE questions? Are they reflective of the difficulty of the real thing (if they are real questions, are they a representative sample or did Themis pick out the harder ones)?

Yes, the Milestone exams are not made available until they go active throughout the course administration.

The MBE questions are a mix of released MBE questions from the NCBE and MBE questions that are created by our staff of editorial attorneys based on the NCBE guidelines.

EJ
Themis Bar Review

Postby 09042014 » Thu May 30, 2013 11:37 pm

Is there a calander view for flex study, or do you gotta switch back and forth with directed.

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Fri May 31, 2013 12:32 am

Have to switch back and forth. Whole point of Flex is that you do what you want when you want.

Today was a terrible day. I managed to get notice goddamn thing done.

Postby 09042014 » Fri May 31, 2013 1:24 am

kalvano wrote:Have to switch back and forth. Whole point of Flex is that you do what you want when you want.

Today was a terrible day. I managed to get notice goddamn thing done.

I did jack shit. Though I spent the morning trying to get shit done. I'm going to visit my folks tomorrow, so I really needed to. I'm trying to gun through some videos at 2x to make up for rightnow.

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Fri May 31, 2013 1:26 am

I'm trying to keep on their daily schedule but it's a ton of stuff. I'm going to end up doing half-day weekends just to up with it. I'm hoping we get a ton of info now and then spend a month practicing it all.

WWAD

Postby WWAD » Fri May 31, 2013 1:32 am

Desert Fox wrote:Is there a calander view for flex study, or do you gotta switch back and forth with directed.

You can download the schedule so that you do not have to switch. You just click on print and then you can save it as a PDF.

Postby 09042014 » Fri May 31, 2013 1:35 am

WWAD wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:Is there a calander view for flex study, or do you gotta switch back and forth with directed.

You can download the schedule so that you do not have to switch. You just click on print and then you can save it as a PDF.

That'll work, thanks.

HETPE3B

Postby HETPE3B » Fri May 31, 2013 7:52 am

WWAD wrote:

The schedule will still adjust depending on whether you fall behind or get ahead (haha).

Citizen Genet

Postby Citizen Genet » Fri May 31, 2013 8:48 am

Real quick, thanks to Themis for being responsive to our concerns in here. Appreciate the good customer service.

Themis Bar Review

Postby Themis Bar Review » Fri May 31, 2013 12:13 pm

HETPE3B wrote:
WWAD wrote:

The schedule will still adjust depending on whether you fall behind or get ahead (haha).

If you would like to have a pdf file of the detailed schedule based on the recommended start date, you can email your state director and request this from them.

To email your state's director, you can do the following; [state you are sitting for]@themisbar.com i.e. newyork@themisbar.com, california@themisbar.com, etc...

EJ
Themis Bar Review

Themis Bar Review

Postby Themis Bar Review » Fri May 31, 2013 12:22 pm

Citizen Genet wrote:Real quick, thanks to Themis for being responsive to our concerns in here. Appreciate the good customer service.

Thank you - we just want to help our students pass in any way possible. Always feel free to send your questions/concerns our way and we will work to point you in the right direction.

EJ
Themis Bar Review

mjj

Postby mjj » Fri May 31, 2013 12:28 pm

I actually have one more question, EJ (again, thanks for being so helpful here!).

myCommunication has a red circle with a 17 inside, which I take to mean I (somehow) have 17 new messages. But I only seem to have 4 messages in the entire inbox (3 broadcast, 1 personal), all of which I have read. Is there some inbox I'm not seeing, or is that just a weird glitch? Thanks!!

HETPE3B

Postby HETPE3B » Fri May 31, 2013 12:39 pm

Citizen Genet wrote:I hope everyone knows that if you're using Chrome or Safari, you can hover over the video and press Shift + --> to speed up the video. It can go at 1.5x speed (very manageable) and 2x speed (takes some training).

Took me a while to realize that "-->" is actually the right arrow key.

locusdelicti

Postby locusdelicti » Fri May 31, 2013 12:47 pm

HETPE3B wrote:Wondering why the "goal" on practice MBE questions is just 50%. Is that because the practice questions are more difficult than the actual thing? Does that number go up later in the course?

Anyone else know this? Can Themis respond?

Themis Bar Review

Postby Themis Bar Review » Fri May 31, 2013 12:55 pm

mjj wrote:I actually have one more question, EJ (again, thanks for being so helpful here!).

myCommunication has a red circle with a 17 inside, which I take to mean I (somehow) have 17 new messages. But I only seem to have 4 messages in the entire inbox (3 broadcast, 1 personal), all of which I have read. Is there some inbox I'm not seeing, or is that just a weird glitch? Thanks!!

We apologize for this inconvenience. We are aware of this bug and our team is currently testing a fix in our test environment. As soon as it has cleared our Quality Assurance (QA) team, it will be moved into our student environment and this situation should be corrected. We appreciate your patience as we work diligently to fix this.

EJ
Themis Bar Review

Themis Bar Review

Postby Themis Bar Review » Fri May 31, 2013 12:57 pm

locusdelicti wrote:
HETPE3B wrote:Wondering why the "goal" on practice MBE questions is just 50%. Is that because the practice questions are more difficult than the actual thing? Does that number go up later in the course?

Anyone else know this? Can Themis respond?

During the beginning sessions of your bar review course, you will see your goal is 50% for the practice MBE questions. As you progress through your studies, your goal will increase to help prepare you for the bar exam. If you are finding that you have any questions in regards to your score and the goal, please contact your state director for any study strategies.

EJ
Themis Bar Review

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Fri May 31, 2013 12:57 pm

Thanks very much for being available to answer questions and address issues. That's really awesome.

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”