Agoraphobia

Re: THEMIS BAR REVIEW Hangout.

Postby Agoraphobia » Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:37 pm

Wow. I reeeeeeeeelllly did bad on those Property questions.

jerwood84

Postby jerwood84 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:33 pm

Just got my ass rocked by a crim pro MBE prac Q session 4. This pack of MBE's tested on some exotic law -- 8th Am, ineffective assistance of counsel, crim pro evidence issues, basically all Crim Pro B-sides and rarities (very little 4th and 5th Am stuff). Maybe I'm just tired or something but I hit a 38 percent on this junk while I have been hitting in the 70's on every other section. Anybody else come across this cock sucker of a crim pro MBE session?

Bikeflip

Postby Bikeflip » Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:47 pm

jerwood84 wrote:Just got my ass rocked by a crim pro MBE prac Q session 4. This pack of MBE's tested on some exotic law -- 8th Am, ineffective assistance of counsel, crim pro evidence issues, basically all Crim Pro B-sides and rarities (very little 4th and 5th Am stuff). Maybe I'm just tired or something but I hit a 38 percent on this junk while I have been hitting in the 70's on every other section. Anybody else come across this cock sucker of a crim pro MBE session?

My scores have also been suffering. I think it's semi-burnout. It's like back when we all were doe-eyed 0Ls in the LSAT forum and grinding out PTs. If I went as hard as I could, I did worse. My brain didn't have time to process things and just started making up rules.

antonious13

Postby antonious13 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:26 am

jerwood84 wrote:Just got my ass rocked by a crim pro MBE prac Q session 4. This pack of MBE's tested on some exotic law -- 8th Am, ineffective assistance of counsel, crim pro evidence issues, basically all Crim Pro B-sides and rarities (very little 4th and 5th Am stuff). Maybe I'm just tired or something but I hit a 38 percent on this junk while I have been hitting in the 70's on every other section. Anybody else come across this cock sucker of a crim pro MBE session?

That was the exact MBE test that kicked my ass. I think I was in the 40s percent-wise. And, right now, Evidence is making me want to burn everything down. :evil:

forza

Postby forza » Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:34 am

I hear you brother man. And interactive mode doesn't help. I get progressively more pissed off with each wrong answer, such that as I approach question 30 or so, I'm ready to chuck my laptop across the fucking room.

dsclaw

Postby dsclaw » Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:38 am

Definitely feeling the burnout on the MBE question sections just did my final contracts section and got a 56% dropping my score to just average. Definitely should have done better but just could not focus and a significant portion were on subtle nuances of the law.

Might take a break tomorrow in efforts to be able to refocus because after the questions I was so angry I couldnt focus during the NY CPLR lectures. Plus its hard to focus on a subject you already know a significant amount about.

calibred

Postby calibred » Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:22 am

Feel you guys on the crim law struggle. Just did the first crim law and crim pro MBE question sets and tanked (52 on crim law and 38(!) on crim pro). I've been getting in the mid to high 60s otherwise. Ouch..

jerwood84

Postby jerwood84 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:47 am

forza wrote:

I hear you brother man. And interactive mode doesn't help. I get progressively more pissed off with each wrong answer, such that as I approach question 30 or so, I'm ready to chuck my laptop across the fucking room.

Oh I know. I hit a string of wrong answers that made me feel like Joe DiMaggio's 56-game hitting streak. Only this streak sucked. I can see those little shit tards at Themis snickering in their cubicles.... like, "let's hit them with the most poorly worded, vague, and rarely tested questions on Crim Pro all in one section." Ok vent is over. I was breezing through this shit until I got sucker punched by this asshole MBE Q session 4.

Ok, I'm chilling out. Think I'll go for a night run or something. Maybe punch a homeless person too.

lsatlsat

Postby lsatlsat » Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:02 am

Does Professor Geis from the Contract Law lectures remind anyone else of FBI Special Agent Dale Cooper from Twin Peaks?? Uncanny!

Chichaca

Postby Chichaca » Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:58 am

It seems like when you do well on MBE practice sessions, they give you harder questions the next time. I could've sworn I read that in some of the introductory materials. Am I just making that up?

dsclaw

Postby dsclaw » Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:44 am

I have not looked at the Evidence outline yet, is it worth looking at? Or is it just a reiterations of the FRE with Commentary? If it is just a reiteration, seems useless to read it.

locusdelicti

Postby locusdelicti » Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:52 pm

dsclaw wrote:I have not looked at the Evidence outline yet, is it worth looking at? Or is it just a reiterations of the FRE with Commentary? If it is just a reiteration, seems useless to read it.

I feel like you could read parts of it for review purposes, but I didn't read it before I watched the lectures. I skimmed a little and read the Exam Notes, because they're good tips, but Clark gives pretty good material. I don't see a need to read it thoroughly. I don't really read any of the MBE outlines before watching the lectures.

elysiansmiles

Postby elysiansmiles » Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:13 pm

My state has the MPT, and in the MPT lecture the lecturer ran through one of the samples in the book as an example. That example problem was assigned to me today... I felt like I already "knew the answer" and it wasn't worth it do it again. Did anyone else notice that?

antonious13

Postby antonious13 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:19 pm

Man, these cops and third parties can't shoot for shit.

Kretzy

Postby Kretzy » Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:55 pm

Agoraphobia wrote:Wow. I reeeeeeeeelllly did bad on those Property questions.

+1. I need some wine and a break after my last property set.

antonious13

Postby antonious13 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:19 pm

If anyone is having trouble with hearsay exceptions: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoJ6fgIKYy8

Postby 09042014 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:50 pm

Is anyone doing the practice essays without looking at your notes? I just don't know the law enough to do it otherwise.

JD_done

Postby JD_done » Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:55 pm

Desert Fox wrote:Is anyone doing the practice essays without looking at your notes? I just don't know the law enough to do it otherwise.

I try to issue spot when I first read over the essay and make a few notes about rules but I always use the outlines and handouts to actually write the essays. I am not at the phase where I am memorizing stuff. I hope to eventually get to that phase.

Agoraphobia

Postby Agoraphobia » Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:55 pm

Can't speed up lectures for Crim Pro, Karlan. Either on Firefox or Chrome - Windows 8. Anyone else have this trouble? I had it earlier with the Birdthistle lectures too. Urgggg

Oh, I use outlines to write essays, except not the graded ones. Those I do blind.

Agoraphobia

Postby Agoraphobia » Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:01 pm

Oh, haha, read back a few pages. Guess I'm not the only one. And ditto on how endless and slow she is on 1x speed. I hope these lectures aren't all half an hour long like this first one is...

locusdelicti

Postby locusdelicti » Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:47 pm

JD_done wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:Is anyone doing the practice essays without looking at your notes? I just don't know the law enough to do it otherwise.

I try to issue spot when I first read over the essay and make a few notes about rules but I always use the outlines and handouts to actually write the essays. I am not at the phase where I am memorizing stuff. I hope to eventually get to that phase.

Same here.

TheBeard

Postby TheBeard » Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:47 pm

JD_done wrote:

+1. I try to rely on my memory as much as I can, but I always verify that what I am writing is actually accurate. There's no sense in memorizing the rules incorrectly.

Bikeflip

Postby Bikeflip » Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:49 pm

JD_done wrote:

I outline the essay and write as much as I can without looking at the notes, but I do refer back to the notes after I have exhausted my memory. Like others have said, there is no sense in memorizing the wrong rule.

TheBeard

Postby TheBeard » Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:51 pm

This Gaffney guy for the PA distinctions is horrible. He basically sits there and reads right out of the outline. When shit is confusing, his version of explaining something is repeating the elements of a rule. Still, he gets me every time. I'll come across an element that doesn't make sense, and he'll say, "so," and there I am thinking he just prefaced an explanation, but he goes right back into re-reading the element. I give up.

locusdelicti

Postby locusdelicti » Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:05 pm

TheBeard wrote:This Gaffney guy for the PA distinctions is horrible. He basically sits there and reads right out of the outline. When shit is confusing, his version of explaining something is repeating the elements of a rule. Still, he gets me every time. I'll come across an element that doesn't make sense, and he'll say, "so," and there I am thinking he just prefaced an explanation, but he goes right back into re-reading the element. I give up.

I noticed that, too! He doesn't clarify or give examples. He just reads the worksheet outline.

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”