JDCA2012

Re: THEMIS BAR REVIEW Hangout.

Postby JDCA2012 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:17 pm

Passed CA bar on first try with Themis. Forget babrbri, (obviously) very satisfied

Duchovnysfan

Postby Duchovnysfan » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:45 am

bump....with less than 50 days, thought I would try to bring this thread back! I need solidarity among Themis students especially since Property is the devil!

Postby 09042014 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:16 am

Duchovnysfan wrote:bump....with less than 50 days, thought I would try to bring this thread back! I need solidarity among Themis students especially since Property is the devil!

check yoy mortgage deeds

JuTMSY4

Postby JuTMSY4 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:07 am

Desert Fox wrote:
Duchovnysfan wrote:bump....with less than 50 days, thought I would try to bring this thread back! I need solidarity among Themis students especially since Property is the devil!

check yoy mortgage deeds

Good luck guys. the test is all about persistence. Keep working.

njbound

Postby njbound » Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:13 pm

I've been doing property most of today! I really like the professor - he makes me laugh.

I'm on the 2nd of the three videos... definitely a lot of content.

Bikeflip

Postby Bikeflip » Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:04 pm

JuTMSY4 wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:

check yoy mortgage deeds

Good luck guys. the test is all about persistence. Keep working.

This. Don't fret too much about the timeline if you fall behind. And if you do fall behind, don't waste time on piddly shit like the review days. Just do practice questions.

njbound

Postby njbound » Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:21 pm

Finishing up Criminal Law video today. Really like Barkow. But flowplayer (using Mozilla) keeps freezing up on me at times. Now I feel like I am encouraging -it- to finish.

JuTMSY4

Postby JuTMSY4 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:54 am

njbound wrote:Finishing up Criminal Law video today. Really like Barkow. But flowplayer (using Mozilla) keeps freezing up on me at times. Now I feel like I am encouraging -it- to finish.

use chrome - it's worth a download even for just bar review

njbound

Postby njbound » Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:11 pm

JuTMSY4 wrote:
njbound wrote:Finishing up Criminal Law video today. Really like Barkow. But flowplayer (using Mozilla) keeps freezing up on me at times. Now I feel like I am encouraging -it- to finish.

use chrome - it's worth a download even for just bar review

Thanks.
This thread is so quiet. Everyone else must be studying.

rgucsb

Postby rgucsb » Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:49 pm

I can't believe how big of an asshole/tool prof Kramer is from the Property lecture.

He gets so annoying so quickly and your stuck listening to 25 different lectures wanting to blow your brains out.

He reminds me of every person i hated in law school, and if we were both in high school, I would def have picked on him

The entire lecture series could have probably been 1 hr shorter if not for his stupidity

Lawg1rlBK

Postby Lawg1rlBK » Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:16 pm

Where is everyone for Feb 2014 percentage-wise on Themis so far? Anyone else taking NY/NJ?

credence023

Postby credence023 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:02 pm

Started late. I am about 14% complete :(

Dr. Review

Postby Dr. Review » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:50 am

PSA for Feb takers: If you are trying to hit 75% for the guarantee, it has to be 75% for EACH CATEGORY, not just the completion bar you see when you log in.

njbound

Postby njbound » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:35 pm

25% complete. I'm hoping that the absorption rate increases. This is daunting.

Bronx Bum

Postby Bronx Bum » Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:33 pm

rgucsb wrote:I can't believe how big of an asshole/tool prof Kramer is from the Property lecture.

He gets so annoying so quickly and your stuck listening to 25 different lectures wanting to blow your brains out.

He reminds me of every person i hated in law school, and if we were both in high school, I would def have picked on him

The entire lecture series could have probably been 1 hr shorter if not for his stupidity

And his sips of water made me legitimately want to assault someone.

njbound

Postby njbound » Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:47 pm

Bronx Bum wrote:
rgucsb wrote:I can't believe how big of an asshole/tool prof Kramer is from the Property lecture.

And his sips of water made me legitimately want to assault someone.

It's dry in Tempe, Arizona.

panda86

Postby panda86 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:18 pm

Checking in...taking the Maryland exam. Sounds like most people from July 2013 were very happy with Themis. I definitely am so far, especially since I'm working full time. Anyone else working full time while studying and/or taking the Maryland exam this February?

Edit: I'm at 35%, but I started earlier in December.

Edit 2: I also liked Kramer and Karlan. Anyone else have Clark for Evidence? I just couldn't take those lectures. Could not do it.

njbound

Postby njbound » Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:53 pm

panda86 wrote:Checking in...taking the Maryland exam. Sounds like most people from July 2013 were very happy with Themis. I definitely am so far, especially since I'm working full time. Anyone else working full time while studying and/or taking the Maryland exam this February?

Edit: I'm at 35%, but I started earlier in December.

Edit 2: I also liked Kramer and Karlan. Anyone else have Clark for Evidence? I just couldn't take those lectures. Could not do it.

30%. Haven't started Evidence yet. Just did first milestone exam, and was just under "goal". Working full time. Wondering how many people do this while working full time & how people manage their schedules.

panda86

Postby panda86 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:34 pm

I definitely am practicing a balancing act. Even with the Themis app, my hours at work and commute limit my studying in the evenings to 3-4 hours. I've been really busting my ass on the weekends though so I hope that helps. I'm in DC so I'm really missing the constant happy hours :(.

nowinGA

Postby nowinGA » Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:27 pm

Hi all. I haven't posted here since before I was a 1L (pre-2010, I took a year off of law school in the middle).

Trying to decide if Themis is right for me. I will definitely be taking the course online either way because of where I will be this summer. Taking the NY bar. Anyone else out there use/using Themis for the NY bar -- or planning to for the July 2014 test?

Anyway, liking the Themis price, etc. And have a couple pals who were happy with it. Signed up for Barbri as a 1L but found out Themis will honor the $250 credit I've paid them, so that's cool.

IMHIPP

Postby IMHIPP » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:42 am

Bedsole wrote:PSA for Feb takers: If you are trying to hit 75% for the guarantee, it has to be 75% for EACH CATEGORY, not just the completion bar you see when you log in.

Thank you. Now I no longer care about that pie chart.

It's my understanding, though, that all first time takers can get a free repeat of the course. The 75% mark is only relevant to the refund.
Last edited by IMHIPP on Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

IMHIPP

Postby IMHIPP » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:46 am

Does anyone who took Themis last summer want to tell me whether I should bother watching the lectures after the MBE practice test? I assumed that each instructor would talk about the 30~ questions on his subject, but what's the point if you can read the answers in the back of the test book.

Dr. Review

Postby Dr. Review » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:19 am

IMHIPP wrote:Does anyone who took Themis last summer want to tell me whether I should bother watching the lectures after the MBE practice test? I assumed that each instructor would talk about the 30~ questions on his subject, but what's the point if you can read the answers in the back of the test book.

Some people did so and thought they got good information from it. I watched a few questions, felt like it was a waste of my time, and never looked back.

Bikeflip

Postby Bikeflip » Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:49 pm

Bedsole wrote:
IMHIPP wrote:Does anyone who took Themis last summer want to tell me whether I should bother watching the lectures after the MBE practice test? I assumed that each instructor would talk about the 30~ questions on his subject, but what's the point if you can read the answers in the back of the test book.

Some people did so and thought they got good information from it. I watched a few questions, felt like it was a waste of my time, and never looked back.

I would watch the first 30 min of the video for some decent general MBE tips if you're strugglin' on the MBE.

credence023

Postby credence023 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:40 pm

34% Complete. How is everyone else doing?

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”