mrpickles

Re: THEMIS BAR REVIEW Hangout.

Postby mrpickles » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:30 pm

That PT for CA...not a big fan.
Also, con law challenge based on 13th Amendment Involuntary Servitude? Almost felt like they were sticking it to the test companies on that one.

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:02 pm

LOL Themis. Doing one final MBE PQ session, and they say that custodial interrogation is a critical stage and that the 6th Amendment attaches to it, even if the defendant never asks for an attorney. Wrong on so many levels.

antonious13

Postby antonious13 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:05 pm

mrpickles wrote:That PT for CA...not a big fan.
Also, con law challenge based on 13th Amendment Involuntary Servitude? Almost felt like they were sticking it to the test companies on that one.

I don't know how many times I said the word "slavery and servitude" just to fill up space on that con law essay. Also, fuck that PT in the face. "Don't do anything about liability for the individuals. Also, here's a shitload of statutes that only apply to the individuals." Fucking Zackler and Vernon Davis Ellis.

Reinhardt

Postby Reinhardt » Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:11 pm

antonious13 wrote:

I don't know how many times I said the word "slavery and servitude" just to fill up space on that con law essay. Also, fuck that PT in the face. "Don't do anything about liability for the individuals. Also, here's a shitload of statutes that only apply to the individuals." Fucking Zackler and Vernon Davis Ellis.

And Wyman Manderly, or Marlie Wanderly, or whatever her name was.

mrpickles

Postby mrpickles » Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:45 pm

antonious13 wrote:

I think I said involuntary servitude about 25 times. I also hit enter ever 2 sentences to at least space out what text was (not) there.

chally012002

Postby chally012002 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:01 pm

intlsuperstarr wrote:
elysiansmiles wrote:Every question in the afternoon made me go WTF? I once even debated "What subject is this question asking me about?" Thanks, Maryland. Just... thanks for that.

Yes, the PM session for Maryland was almost completely out-of-left-field questions. You had real property, but only as it relates to some fiancee lady with three additional hypos. Corporations, but with sole respect to the question of corporate opportunity, in a question that was three times as long as any other. Constitutional law, but two separate statutes so double the amount of issues. Civil procedure, with a three page excerpt and question on the admissibility of medical records. Torts, as solely applied to trespassers in the frame of a summary judgment motion. Contracts in the form of...I don't even know yet how I was supposed to answer that one.

And then you have the crippled boyfriend giving the defendant a gun while zombie-like murderers are trying to enter some party with Adel...

I'm banking on everyone feeling this way...

OMG MD PM session sucked!!!! That Corporations question was my worst nightmare, I just dropped a few lines and felt like my time was better spent on something I could actually mentally process and provide a better answer for. I figured I'd rather run out of time on that one.

I agree most of the questions were a little crazy....

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:15 pm

Reinhardt wrote:
antonious13 wrote:

And Wyman Manderly, or Marlie Wanderly, or whatever her name was.

Game Of Thrones reference. Pease tell me there was a Casterly Rock somewhere in there.

as stars burn

Postby as stars burn » Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:29 pm

CONGRATS TO EVERYONE WHO IS FINISHED!!!!

I haven't been on here in awhile, but I just want to say that I feel like 50,000 times better about the essays than I do the MBE. The only essay that threw me was our freaking water rights one. WATER RIGHTS!? Seriously Illinois!? I was a mess on that one. But, am I the only one that feels better about the essays than the MBE? I seriously thought the MBE was a bit harder than I expected or felt prepared for, and I felt like there were so many I just wasn't sure of, and of course lots of others where I narrowed it down to two and just went with it. I'm going to be praying hard these next 2 months that I passed.

Larry Tate

Postby Larry Tate » Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:33 pm

I feel the same. The essays were fine, but the MBE was nothing like the last one they released. I felt like it was significantly more difficult than what I prepared for. I liked those experimental Civ Pro questions hhahaha....Guess they are trying them out for 2015 lol.

Bikeflip

Postby Bikeflip » Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:34 pm

I feel like I failed. I think the MBE lit me up, and I feel that I fucked up too much on the essays.

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:35 pm

Fuck the MBE. Auction rights at a foreclosure sale? Fuck off with that.

Jealous of people who are done.

anonymcoffee

Postby anonymcoffee » Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:39 pm

I remember I said that the released MBEs were too easy because I was getting them right, and someone on here argued with me that they were representative. Well.....not to say I told you so....but I told you so.

Ugh all those effing mortgage questions on real property and the stupid cross examination within cross examination plaintiff calling adverse witness, just ugh all around. Not holding my breath on passing.

as stars burn

Postby as stars burn » Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:43 pm

Larry Tate wrote:I feel the same. The essays were fine, but the MBE was nothing like the last one they released. I felt like it was significantly more difficult than what I prepared for. I liked those experimental Civ Pro questions hhahaha....Guess they are trying them out for 2015 lol.

LOL! I thought I was taking crazy pills when I saw those Civ Pro MBE questions! I completely forgot that there were 10 experimental questions thrown in this. It seriously made me panic. I'm so relieved to hear that someone else feels like I do. I felt good yesterday and now just feel like crap...the MBE was definitely harder for me too.

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:44 pm

anonymcoffee wrote:I remember I said that the released MBEs were too easy because I was getting them right, and someone on here argued with me that they were representative. Well.....not to say I told you so....but I told you so.

Ugh all those effing mortgage questions on real property and the stupid cross examination within cross examination plaintiff calling adverse witness, just ugh all around. Not holding my breath on passing.

I'm sure you did fine. Maybe not extraordinary, but passing? Certainly.

Larry Tate

Postby Larry Tate » Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:44 pm

I feel your pain Themis Brahs........ I think I had a string of 6 or 7 C's at one point. And maybe even more A's on the first half........ The MBE was a beast lol

as stars burn

Postby as stars burn » Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:45 pm

kalvano wrote:Fuck the MBE. Auction rights at a foreclosure sale? Fuck off with that.

I remember that one as clear as day. I was so pissed...how could they ask us something like that!? And that fact pattern was pretty large. Ugh, the time I wasted getting it wrong anyway.

as stars burn

Postby as stars burn » Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:46 pm

Larry Tate wrote:I feel your pain Themis Brahs........ I think I had a string of 6 or 7 C's at one point. And maybe even more A's on the first half........ The MBE was a beast lol

I totally had a string of 4 C's. I remember looking at it, and thinking "well crap, I royally screwed up in there somewhere." Ugh, the MBE SUCKED! I felt like there were WAY more than 31 Property questions or maybe it was just my pure hatred exacerbating the situation. Just kill it with fire!!!

anonymcoffee

Postby anonymcoffee » Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:50 pm

thanks kalvano we'll see I had a pretty bad studying schedule so I'm mentally prepared to have to retake.

I'll also say I thought the fact patterns were wayyyyy longer than what I practiced with

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:54 pm

as stars burn wrote:
Larry Tate wrote:I feel your pain Themis Brahs........ I think I had a string of 6 or 7 C's at one point. And maybe even more A's on the first half........ The MBE was a beast lol

I totally had a string of 4 C's. I remember looking at it, and thinking "well crap, I royally screwed up in there somewhere." Ugh, the MBE SUCKED! I felt like there were WAY more than 31 Property questions or maybe it was just my pure hatred exacerbating the situation. Just kill it with fire!!!

I had several 3-4 rows of C's and A's. I went back and double and then triple checked, and I'm pretty sure they were all correct.

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:55 pm

anonymcoffee wrote:thanks kalvano we'll see I had a pretty bad studying schedule so I'm mentally prepared to have to retake.

I'll also say I thought the fact patterns were wayyyyy longer than what I practiced with

Just remember, scaled score. Here the curve helps, not hurts.

Bikeflip

Postby Bikeflip » Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:57 pm

Happy to hear that people had strings. Anyone have a string of Ds? I had a point where I had 6 Ds in 8 questions. I feel awful because I went into fight or flight mode, and I was forgetting rules. I sat there a few times thinking, "I know I know this. Why can't I answer it?"

Reinhardt

Postby Reinhardt » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:03 pm

Themis massive trolling of us saying there are 15-16 hearsay questions. I think there were like 5

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:03 pm

I'm pretty sure I had a string of at least every letter with a string of at least 4 at least once each.

wh3931110

Postby wh3931110 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:03 pm

kalvano wrote:Fuck the MBE. Auction rights at a foreclosure sale? Fuck off with that.

I still cannot figure out what the right answer to this question was... needless to say I found this question to be BS as well haha

JDCA2012

Postby JDCA2012 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:04 pm

Yup, exactly how I felt on that.
Also, god dammit. I'm always tempted by the fucking clogging the equity of redemption. Pretty sure I got the first one right, since you can't K the right away. But can the bank demand immediate possession via acceleration clause on a default? Fuck it, who cares, nothing I can do about it now.
I guess property law has been replaced with "Mortgages" as the 6th MBE topic.

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”