Catleesi

Re: THEMIS BAR REVIEW Hangout.

Postby Catleesi » Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:53 pm

Just the jurisdiction in that problem, I think :/

I would almost argue you'd still have inquiry notice. While there aren't fancy circumstances making you think you maybe should look into it, I think buying property is enough of a circumstance to make anyone think "maybe I should do a title search." But that's just me.

Bloo

Postby Bloo » Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:56 pm

locusdelicti wrote:
Catleesi wrote:
locusdelicti wrote:
I feel like it's extra tricky because it also ignores the after-acquired title doctrine.

Except the answer wouldn't change. If B didn't exist A would have perfect title. But B is a subsequent purchaser for value with no notice of the previous conveyance.

Yay, property.

Is anybody else finding that the rest of their life is trying to fight them? This morning I got to make an appointment with the local dealership to work on my transmission. My *transmission,* in a car with less than 18k miles on it.

*head/desk*

What I don't understand is why B had no notice if A's deed was recorded. What jurisdiction doesn't allow constructive or inquiry notice?

Yes, my day gets interrupted regularly, and then I can't get back into concentrating. AND my windshield got hit by a pebble 3 months ago and the crack is now the length of a cat's tail, and the entire windshield needs to be replaced. FUCK OFF, CAR

You're only on record notice if the recording is in the chain of title. It's outside the chain of title if it was recorded before your grantor received the property [you aren't expected to research recordings prior to that point]. That definitely wasn't covered in the lecture or explained in the answer - not sure if it's in the long outline.

dsclaw

Postby dsclaw » Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:59 pm

Besides the Charts provided that MBE Workshop 2 was a huge waste of time....

Catleesi

Postby Catleesi » Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:02 pm

Bloo wrote:
You're only on record notice if the recording is in the chain of title. It's outside the chain of title if it was recorded before your grantor received the property [you aren't expected to research recordings prior to that point]. That definitely wasn't covered in the lecture or explained in the answer - not sure if it's in the long outline.

It's a wahled deed! Yeeee haw! *lassos deed*

Agoraphobia

Postby Agoraphobia » Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:27 pm

I'm doing health insurance battles. Since my coverage with the school expires on 8/31 and they won't extend it, and my coverage at my firm doesn't start til November, there's 2 months where my kids and I won't be covered. Since we're all high risk (Preexisting conditions) we have to go through the state pool (CHIP). No private company will insure us.

So much documentation. So many phone calls. Ridiculously high premiums that I didn't think I would be spending (since I thought the school would let us COBRA it which wou'dve considerably less). There goes 3 grand just for premiums for a mere TWO MONTHS and let's hope we don't have to actually use this health insurance since everyone's deductible is $500 (apiece. and that was the LOWEST deductible the state offered).

What's sad is that it sort of feels like a break from bar studying. Then work on insurance long enough and bar study feels like a break. Ugh.

locusdelicti

Postby locusdelicti » Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:40 pm

Catleesi wrote:
Bloo wrote:

The dreaded wild deed. Always tearing up the bushes and eating out of my garbage.

antonious13

Postby antonious13 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:44 pm

I hear you guys about life getting in the way. I had three weddings already this summer and getting things done for a fourth wedding that I'm actually in after the bar. Plus, I had to spend some time in traffic court today. Fun.

And, what the hell, Pushaw, you just spent the first ten minutes of the crim MBE analysis talking about shit we already know!

GET ON WITH IT!

dsclaw

Postby dsclaw » Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:55 pm

Holy Shit, Themis says the goal for NY MPC is 60% what the hell, not a single average is above 60%

Catleesi

Postby Catleesi » Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:19 pm

antonious13 wrote:And, what the hell, Pushaw, you just spent the first ten minutes of the crim MBE analysis talking about shit we already know!

GET ON WITH IT!

Don't push Pushaw, Antonious...

as stars burn

Postby as stars burn » Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:37 pm

locusdelicti wrote:
Catleesi wrote:
Bloo wrote:

The dreaded wild deed. Always tearing up the bushes and eating out of my garbage.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
This made my whole day. I know, I'm a dork.

as stars burn

Postby as stars burn » Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:40 pm

I'm starting to think that getting to 75% is going to be a serious stretch for me. I still have Comm Paper and Secured Trans Lectures to get through, and I have yet to take any practice MPTs. Yikes. I need to get this shit done by the end of this weekend.

locusdelicti

Postby locusdelicti » Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:45 pm

as stars burn wrote:I'm starting to think that getting to 75% is going to be a serious stretch for me. I still have Comm Paper and Secured Trans Lectures to get through, and I have yet to take any practice MPTs. Yikes. I need to get this shit done by the end of this weekend.

When did you start?

Agoraphobia

Postby Agoraphobia » Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:06 pm

Anyone else get completely terrorized by MBE set 7? 10 questions in I already wanted to give up, and sure enough worst ever score by the end.

balzie94

Postby balzie94 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:17 pm

The MBE problem sets are becoming too hard to be helpful. For instance, one will test way more Contracts questions than Con Law or or just test the obscure rules in Evidence, etc. Not representative of the MBE milestone from Tuesday.

as stars burn

Postby as stars burn » Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:23 pm

locusdelicti wrote:
as stars burn wrote:I'm starting to think that getting to 75% is going to be a serious stretch for me. I still have Comm Paper and Secured Trans Lectures to get through, and I have yet to take any practice MPTs. Yikes. I need to get this shit done by the end of this weekend.

When did you start?

I started on May 29 with most of the world, but I had to take a few days off to find an apartment and move. Plus, it takes me a really long time to do the "review" tasks because that's when I make flashcards or condense outlines. I also don't speed up the lecture videos because 1) my computer won't let me, and 2) I probably wouldn't absorb anything.

I'm at 65%. I mean, I'm not THAT behind, but I've skipped around a lot and realize I really need to complete these last two sets of lectures and do a couple practice MPTs.

Edit: I forgot to add that I've read every single long outline except for Civ Pro (in order to condense), and of course, that can take hours depending on the length of the full outline.

dsclaw

Postby dsclaw » Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:43 pm

I can definitely say that the MBE Set # 7 questions are much harder then the MBE Simulated Exam, all testing on small nuisances or tiny subtleties. I doubt I am going to do well on this set.

Agoraphobia

Postby Agoraphobia » Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:49 pm

Well that Civ Pro graded essay was fun where I just made up rules out of thin air. I wonder if you get points for SOUNDING convincing?

missinglink

Postby missinglink » Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:55 pm

dsclaw wrote:I can definitely say that the MBE Set # 7 questions are much harder then the MBE Simulated Exam, all testing on small nuisances or tiny subtleties. I doubt I am going to do well on this set.

Are we getting the same MBE questions for each set? My sense is that the MBE mixed sets present you with a random sample of MBE questions from the pool of remaining questions.

I inadvertently came across this when doing Set #3. I literally fell asleep at around question 20. I woke up several hours later and finished the rest. But as I tried to submit and see the results, I got an error screen that I need to log in. So I logged in, but the results were lost. So in the end, I had to do mixed MBE Set #3 again, starting at question 20. And this time, the questions were different. Subsequently, I've seen some of the questions I did previously (but lost) show up in other MBE sets.

So my sense is that the mixed sets are random.

Bikeflip

Postby Bikeflip » Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:06 pm

dsclaw wrote:I can definitely say that the MBE Set # 7 questions are much harder then the MBE Simulated Exam, all testing on small nuisances or tiny subtleties. I doubt I am going to do well on this set.

When does this nuance start? I felt MBE 4 started testing some very fine nuances.

Charles Barkley

Postby Charles Barkley » Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:08 pm

I'm struggling with some of these evidence practice questions.

It was one of my favorite courses in law school, and also one of the courses I did best in. :oops:

Bikeflip

Postby Bikeflip » Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:17 pm

as stars burn wrote:
locusdelicti wrote:

When did you start?

I started on May 29 with most of the world, but I had to take a few days off to find an apartment and move. Plus, it takes me a really long time to do the "review" tasks because that's when I make flashcards or condense outlines. I also don't speed up the lecture videos because 1) my computer won't let me, and 2) I probably wouldn't absorb anything.

I'm at 65%. I mean, I'm not THAT behind, but I've skipped around a lot and realize I really need to complete these last two sets of lectures and do a couple practice MPTs.

Edit: I forgot to add that I've read every single long outline except for Civ Pro (in order to condense), and of course, that can take hours depending on the length of the full outline.

The good news is that the final 2 weeks have a ton of review, so you can just tick those off. I'm at 62%, and I'm confident that I'll hit 75%, as I'm only 3 days behind (and will catch up by Tuesday).

forza

Postby forza » Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:21 pm

Man, there was hella partnership/agency law on graded essay #7 (contracts). Lame.

rsg87

Postby rsg87 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:09 pm

Anyone here taking Florida? Those essays for Commercial Paper and the Florida Multiple Choice are pretty tough.

BarbellDreams

Postby BarbellDreams » Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:30 pm

Why do you think you can't get 10% in 2 whole weeks? I am at 61% right now and I can guarantee you I will finish 80%+ by the end of the course. 2% per day has been my usual lately.

Charles Barkley

Postby Charles Barkley » Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:33 pm

rsg87 wrote:Anyone here taking Florida? Those essays for Commercial Paper and the Florida Multiple Choice are pretty tough.

Me.

Haven't done those yet, though.

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”