.

purr se
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:23 am

Re: THEMIS BAR REVIEW Hangout.

Postby purr se » Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:24 pm

Question 62 on the simulated AM portion: How was that statement in furtherance of the conspiracy? It doesn't seem like it's furthering the conspiracy at all. Rather, it sounds like it's impeding the conspiracy because the declarant essentially copped to the conspiracy's existence and revealed future planned details.

User avatar
Man vs Bar
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:10 pm

Re: THEMIS BAR REVIEW Hangout.

Postby Man vs Bar » Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:37 pm

purr se wrote:Question 62 on the simulated AM portion: How was that statement in furtherance of the conspiracy? It doesn't seem like it's furthering the conspiracy at all. Rather, it sounds like it's impeding the conspiracy because the declarant essentially copped to the conspiracy's existence and revealed future planned details.


I agree. Kind of a stretch, but here's my attempt at explaining it: the statement was made to avoid arrest so that they could commit the robbery later.

locusdelicti
Posts: 225
Joined: Tue May 28, 2013 2:25 pm

Re: THEMIS BAR REVIEW Hangout.

Postby locusdelicti » Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:38 pm

purr se wrote:Question 62 on the simulated AM portion: How was that statement in furtherance of the conspiracy? It doesn't seem like it's furthering the conspiracy at all. Rather, it sounds like it's impeding the conspiracy because the declarant essentially copped to the conspiracy's existence and revealed future planned details.


It was made during the conspiracy, and is in furtherance I guess simply because it was an attempt to get the security guard off his back and out of the way.

dsclaw
Posts: 88
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:36 pm

Re: THEMIS BAR REVIEW Hangout.

Postby dsclaw » Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:30 pm

Retract someone already asked my question above, regarding #62. Neither the explanation nor the video go into how its in furtherance.

Hopefully they dont put something like that on imputation of statements on the exam and they use the employee-employer imputation because this co-conspiracy example is definitely not clear that it is in furtherance

TheBeard
Posts: 109
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:28 pm

Re: THEMIS BAR REVIEW Hangout.

Postby TheBeard » Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:39 pm

It's nice to see that making notecards is paying off. I scored noticeably higher than my averages on the subjects that I made notecards for, even if I didn't get to review them before the sim MBE. Now, if I can only figure out a way to speed up the damn process.

User avatar
BarbellDreams
Posts: 2256
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:10 pm

Re: THEMIS BAR REVIEW Hangout.

Postby BarbellDreams » Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:52 pm

Well, apparently I got "the easiest question on the entire exam" wrong according to Pushaw :)

User avatar
Bikeflip
Posts: 1833
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:01 pm

Re: THEMIS BAR REVIEW Hangout.

Postby Bikeflip » Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:52 pm

CaliBum wrote:
Bikeflip wrote:Finally did Milestone 2. 38/40.


I'm jelly.



heh, I meant 38/50. I wish 38/40. :oops: Reviewing today, I noticed I should have been even higher. I need to stop second guessing myself. I missed a few because I talked myself out of the correct answer.

TheBeard wrote:It's nice to see that making notecards is paying off. I scored noticeably higher than my averages on the subjects that I made notecards for, even if I didn't get to review them before the sim MBE. Now, if I can only figure out a way to speed up the damn process.


I'm refining Themis' outlines, and I'm noticing the same positive effect.

User avatar
kalvano
Posts: 11720
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am

Re: THEMIS BAR REVIEW Hangout.

Postby kalvano » Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:10 pm

I finally, finally did Milestone 2 today. I thought I fucked it up but good, but I got 40 out of 50. I think I need a drink.

User avatar
Agoraphobia
Posts: 193
Joined: Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:30 pm

Re: THEMIS BAR REVIEW Hangout.

Postby Agoraphobia » Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:13 pm

Bikeflip wrote:
CaliBum wrote:
Bikeflip wrote:Finally did Milestone 2. 38/40.


I'm jelly.



heh, I meant 38/50. I wish 38/40. :oops: Reviewing today, I noticed I should have been even higher. I need to stop second guessing myself. I missed a few because I talked myself out of the correct answer.

TheBeard wrote:It's nice to see that making notecards is paying off. I scored noticeably higher than my averages on the subjects that I made notecards for, even if I didn't get to review them before the sim MBE. Now, if I can only figure out a way to speed up the damn process.


I'm refining Themis' outlines, and I'm noticing the same positive effect.


Yep! Score went way up on Property after I distilled the Themis & my friend's outline, although it took years. I doubt I'll have time to do this for all subject areas but I'll at least do it for the weaker ones that are more likely to be on the exam (CONTRACTS)

09042014
Posts: 18282
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: THEMIS BAR REVIEW Hangout.

Postby 09042014 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:29 pm

kalvano wrote:I finally, finally did Milestone 2 today. I thought I fucked it up but good, but I got 40 out of 50. I think I need a drink.


I'd bascially stop studying.

User avatar
as stars burn
Posts: 525
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:04 pm

Re: THEMIS BAR REVIEW Hangout.

Postby as stars burn » Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:43 pm

These Simulated MBE review videos are absolutely excruciating (albeit helpful). I'm on Torts, and I'm teetering on the brink of insanity. Half the day is gone, and I still have Evidence to do plus like 4 other tasks. Kill me.

WWAD
Posts: 186
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:38 pm

Re: THEMIS BAR REVIEW Hangout.

Postby WWAD » Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:49 pm

Are you watching at 1.5X and 2X? It makes it better.

User avatar
Charles Barkley
Posts: 445
Joined: Mon May 26, 2008 9:56 pm

Re: THEMIS BAR REVIEW Hangout.

Postby Charles Barkley » Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:08 pm

Charles Barkley signing in.

59% of the course completed. :(

Just did milestone exam 2 last night. Will be doing the MBE simulated exam this weekend.

Also, I might be giving up on doing the graded essays. The feedback I receive from my adviser is worthless.
Last edited by Charles Barkley on Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

antonious13
Posts: 77
Joined: Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:51 am

Re: THEMIS BAR REVIEW Hangout.

Postby antonious13 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:08 pm

I may be really stupid for not noticing this a lot sooner, but...

If you go to MyProgress, click on the Milestone Exam section, you can view/print out the exam which will have every question, the possible answers, correct answer, whether you got it right or not, the explanation, and where it's found on the outlines.

I figure with the question/your answer/right answer/explanation all in one place, it makes things a bit easier.

User avatar
Reinhardt
Posts: 458
Joined: Fri May 18, 2007 2:27 am

Re: THEMIS BAR REVIEW Hangout.

Postby Reinhardt » Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:10 pm

I think next week I'm going to make flash cards based on Themis condensed outlines, then just practice essays and mixed MBE questions the last week. Not sure if doing more graded essays is even worth it, although I may yet do the graded performance test.

User avatar
Charles Barkley
Posts: 445
Joined: Mon May 26, 2008 9:56 pm

Re: THEMIS BAR REVIEW Hangout.

Postby Charles Barkley » Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:13 pm

What do you guys mean by flash cards? Just a card full of rules & elements?

User avatar
Reinhardt
Posts: 458
Joined: Fri May 18, 2007 2:27 am

Re: THEMIS BAR REVIEW Hangout.

Postby Reinhardt » Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:15 pm

For me, yeah. Really pared down statements of the rules - enough so that I can remember the number and gist of the elements and spew them out on an essay, even if the wording is off.

User avatar
Agoraphobia
Posts: 193
Joined: Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:30 pm

Re: THEMIS BAR REVIEW Hangout.

Postby Agoraphobia » Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:16 pm

as stars burn wrote:These Simulated MBE review videos are absolutely excruciating (albeit helpful). I'm on Torts, and I'm teetering on the brink of insanity. Half the day is gone, and I still have Evidence to do plus like 4 other tasks. Kill me.


Just starting Crim :( So you're telling me it doesn't get any more entertaining?

I dunno about anyone else, but 1.5x and 2x are crapping out on me today. I'd rather watch him at full speed once than have him crash 5 times at 1.5x. Grr.

releasethehounds
Posts: 163
Joined: Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:11 pm

Re: THEMIS BAR REVIEW Hangout.

Postby releasethehounds » Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:17 pm

antonious13 wrote:If you go to MyProgress, click on the Milestone Exam section, you can view/print out the exam which will have every question, the possible answers, correct answer, whether you got it right or not, the explanation, and where it's found on the outlines.

I figure with the question/your answer/right answer/explanation all in one place, it makes things a bit easier.


Yeah, that's why I haven't really been paying attention to the Simulated MBE Review videos. Instead I just grabbed a notebook and wrote rule statements for questions that I got wrong--or questions I got right for the wrong reason--using those huge printouts. I made the mistake of doing that for Property, Torts and Con Law before watching the MBE Review videos...and ended up falling asleep during them because I'd already reviewed it.

User avatar
HETPE3B
Posts: 126
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:35 pm

Re: THEMIS BAR REVIEW Hangout.

Postby HETPE3B » Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:17 pm

NY secured transactions outline is SHIT!

Instead of concisely stating the black letter law, this fucking guy decides to hide it in his shitty examples.

releasethehounds
Posts: 163
Joined: Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:11 pm

Re: THEMIS BAR REVIEW Hangout.

Postby releasethehounds » Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:21 pm

I find Pushaw's "Answer choice A is obviously wrong." and "This question is so easy" to be really disheartening. Even for questions I got right, hearing him say that just makes me feel like crap. I'm really happy about how I did overall on the Simulated MBE, but I still don't need to hear about how it was all just so easy.

Also, I got really amused when he started explaining what actus reus and mens rea are at the beginning of the lecture. Like perhaps by this point we'd never heard those terms before.

User avatar
Bronx Bum
Posts: 474
Joined: Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:02 pm

Re: THEMIS BAR REVIEW Hangout.

Postby Bronx Bum » Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:27 pm

Why in the world are u guys watching the MBE lectures especially if u don't find them useful? There are 2 1/2 weeks left. There are better uses of time than watching a guy read the right and wrong answers.

releasethehounds
Posts: 163
Joined: Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:11 pm

Re: THEMIS BAR REVIEW Hangout.

Postby releasethehounds » Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:33 pm

I know for my part, i skipped around to questions I did need better explanations on and maybe watched 3 of the videos total. But yeah, I agree. If the videos aren't really speaking to your learning style, there's not a lot of point to them.

User avatar
Shawnology
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:47 pm

Re: THEMIS BAR REVIEW Hangout.

Postby Shawnology » Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:34 pm

Bronx Bum wrote:Why in the world are u guys watching the MBE lectures especially if u don't find them useful? There are 2 1/2 weeks left. There are better uses of time than watching a guy read the right and wrong answers.


Honestly, I think they are helpful.I don't know about anyone else but there are some I got correct that were complete guesses, or doing a long process of elimination. Others I just flat out didn't know the rule. Going through questions is helpful for some, although I am sure it hurts others. It is also helpful to do notecards at the same time, since you don't have to take notes or anything for that portion.

Just my thoughts.

User avatar
Dr. Review
Posts: 1797
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:51 am

Re: THEMIS BAR REVIEW Hangout.

Postby Dr. Review » Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:35 pm

Anyone want to trade these outlines that are longer than the condensed and shorter than the full? For some, it may be therapeutic to make one, but others just want access. I thought for those of us who have made one or two, we might swap for some of the other topics. Thoughts?




Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: l3g@l33s3, po1, Yahoo [Bot] and 3 guests