.

User avatar
Reinhardt
Posts: 458
Joined: Fri May 18, 2007 2:27 am

Re: THEMIS BAR REVIEW Hangout.

Postby Reinhardt » Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:06 pm

Unless the question actually says Themis modified it, I believe it's a real question. The only issue is whether they're a fair cross section of questions, or hand picked to exclude the really easy ones. Wish there was more info about it.

User avatar
kalvano
Posts: 11725
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am

Re: THEMIS BAR REVIEW Hangout.

Postby kalvano » Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:17 pm

Follow up: is the Parol Evidence Rule just never a good answer on a Contracts question?

User avatar
forza
Posts: 2788
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:32 am

Re: THEMIS BAR REVIEW Hangout.

Postby forza » Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:42 pm

kalvano wrote:Follow up: is the Parol Evidence Rule just never a good answer on a Contracts question?


It's a great answer if someone is attempting to use a prior oral or written agreement to contradict or supplement the terms of a fully-integrated written agreement, or contradict the terms of a partially-integrated written agreement.

It's a shitty answer if someone is attempting to use a prior oral or written agreement to supplement the terms of a partially-integrated written agreement, or trying to prove that a condition precedent existed, interpret ambiguous terms, etc. It's also a terrible answer if what is involved is not a prior, but a subsequent agreement. There was a question on the simulated MBE that tried tricking folks about that.

dsclaw
Posts: 88
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:36 pm

Re: THEMIS BAR REVIEW Hangout.

Postby dsclaw » Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:46 pm

Had to do some errands and pack some stuff up for moving, Just started the videos are they worth watching?

TheBeard
Posts: 109
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:28 pm

Re: THEMIS BAR REVIEW Hangout.

Postby TheBeard » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:00 pm

dsclaw wrote:Had to do some errands and pack some stuff up for moving, Just started the videos are they worth watching?


I know people's opinions will vary, but I found it worthwhile because it forced me to review not only the questions I got wrong, but also the ones I got right. A lot of times I narrow it down to two answers and go with my gut, so it's nice to know why my guess was correct. I suppose you could just as easily do this by reading through the analysis for all the problems in the answer guide, but I'm not going to do that on my own.

WWAD
Posts: 186
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:38 pm

Re: THEMIS BAR REVIEW Hangout.

Postby WWAD » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:06 pm

I agree with that ^. I watched at 1.5X or 2X, but stopped when I needed it. It is helping me go over the whole thing.

Talar
Posts: 76
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:56 pm

Re: THEMIS BAR REVIEW Hangout.

Postby Talar » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:18 pm

Ya, same. I thought it was helpful.

User avatar
forza
Posts: 2788
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:32 am

Re: THEMIS BAR REVIEW Hangout.

Postby forza » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:20 pm

I find the simulated MBE review helpful, though I wish this guy would quit saying "well now we're on to question #_ _ _, and this one's really easy." Invariably I got question # _ _ _ wrong. :|

09042014
Posts: 18282
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: THEMIS BAR REVIEW Hangout.

Postby 09042014 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:24 pm

Does anyone know if the sim MBE was a real full exam or just questions assembled by Themis.

TheBeard
Posts: 109
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:28 pm

Re: THEMIS BAR REVIEW Hangout.

Postby TheBeard » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:33 pm

Desert Fox wrote:Does anyone know if the sim MBE was a real full exam or just questions assembled by Themis.


I was wondering that yesterday and was hoping Themis would answer to my post here. I'm guessing it was just random questions put together that covered a broad swath of topics.

forza wrote:I find the simulated MBE review helpful, though I wish this guy would quit saying "well now we're on to question #_ _ _, and this one's really easy." Invariably I got question # _ _ _ wrong. :|


YES. Every time.

balzie94
Posts: 182
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:41 pm

Re: THEMIS BAR REVIEW Hangout.

Postby balzie94 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:45 pm

The review of Property MBE lectures are soooo painful. Why don't I remember 1L Property being this brutal?

TheBeard
Posts: 109
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:28 pm

Re: THEMIS BAR REVIEW Hangout.

Postby TheBeard » Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:26 pm

I can deal with the technology crapping out every so often, alas nothing is perfect. I'll put up with the shitty sentence structure of some of the MBE PQs that have been modified. Fuck, I can even deal with odd way the percentage completion system works. But, honestly, get some better fucking graders, Themis. I swear, my grader has made my experience with your program miserable. His feedback, on the rare occasion that he gives it, is stupid (I like your rule statement), and his grading, even if it is done to scare me, is just plain dumb. There's no sense in not giving points for stuff if you've covered it on the essay, I don't benefit from this shit. Point out when I'm wrong, tell me how to do it better, and if I objectively hit all the points, then give me the fucking credit. If it's a matter of subjective taste, point it out, and tell why I should do it differently, but don't knock points because of it, that's not how my essay is going to be graded for the actual bar. I don't expect to be coddled or for Themis to make me feel good about myself, but I expect to benefit from this shit, and as of right now, I am not.

Sorry, peeps, I know I'm ranting, but this grader makes me not want to turn in anymore essays because I don't see the benefit in doing so.

User avatar
Man vs Bar
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:10 pm

Re: THEMIS BAR REVIEW Hangout.

Postby Man vs Bar » Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:20 pm

:|
Last edited by Man vs Bar on Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Dr. Review
Posts: 1797
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:51 am

Re: THEMIS BAR REVIEW Hangout.

Postby Dr. Review » Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:28 pm

My thinking, and it may be wrong, is that the payment of the $10,000 within 20 days of delivery indicates that performance isn't complete until the buyer receives it, rather than a shipment contract wherein the seller's obligations are complete once the goods have been shipped and the buyer is notified.

locusdelicti
Posts: 225
Joined: Tue May 28, 2013 2:25 pm

Re: THEMIS BAR REVIEW Hangout.

Postby locusdelicti » Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:38 pm

TheBeard wrote:I can deal with the technology crapping out every so often, alas nothing is perfect. I'll put up with the shitty sentence structure of some of the MBE PQs that have been modified. Fuck, I can even deal with odd way the percentage completion system works. But, honestly, get some better fucking graders, Themis. I swear, my grader has made my experience with your program miserable. His feedback, on the rare occasion that he gives it, is stupid (I like your rule statement), and his grading, even if it is done to scare me, is just plain dumb. There's no sense in not giving points for stuff if you've covered it on the essay, I don't benefit from this shit. Point out when I'm wrong, tell me how to do it better, and if I objectively hit all the points, then give me the fucking credit. If it's a matter of subjective taste, point it out, and tell why I should do it differently, but don't knock points because of it, that's not how my essay is going to be graded for the actual bar. I don't expect to be coddled or for Themis to make me feel good about myself, but I expect to benefit from this shit, and as of right now, I am not.

Sorry, peeps, I know I'm ranting, but this grader makes me not want to turn in anymore essays because I don't see the benefit in doing so.


That sucks.

User avatar
Themis Bar Review
Posts: 22
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:13 pm

Re: THEMIS BAR REVIEW Hangout.

Postby Themis Bar Review » Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:40 pm

TheBeard wrote:I can deal with the technology crapping out every so often, alas nothing is perfect. I'll put up with the shitty sentence structure of some of the MBE PQs that have been modified. Fuck, I can even deal with odd way the percentage completion system works. But, honestly, get some better fucking graders, Themis. I swear, my grader has made my experience with your program miserable. His feedback, on the rare occasion that he gives it, is stupid (I like your rule statement), and his grading, even if it is done to scare me, is just plain dumb. There's no sense in not giving points for stuff if you've covered it on the essay, I don't benefit from this shit. Point out when I'm wrong, tell me how to do it better, and if I objectively hit all the points, then give me the fucking credit. If it's a matter of subjective taste, point it out, and tell why I should do it differently, but don't knock points because of it, that's not how my essay is going to be graded for the actual bar. I don't expect to be coddled or for Themis to make me feel good about myself, but I expect to benefit from this shit, and as of right now, I am not.

Sorry, peeps, I know I'm ranting, but this grader makes me not want to turn in anymore essays because I don't see the benefit in doing so.


We'd love the opportunity to help you. Unfortunately, since we don't have your name or email, there is very little we can do about your situation. Please feel free to contact us - we are available by phone Monday - Friday 8:30 am - 6 pm, and Saturday, 9 am - 1 pm. You can also send messages to your state director or to the customer service department through your myCommunication tab in your course portal. We hope you contact us or give us a way to contact you.

EJ
Themis Bar Review

Edit:
Phone: 888-843-6476
Email: info@themisbar.com

User avatar
Shawnology
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:47 pm

Re: THEMIS BAR REVIEW Hangout.

Postby Shawnology » Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:54 pm

Desert Fox wrote:thebull wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:
dsclaw wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:
Chillax guys. 70% is probably a 145 on the MBE.

Also: average on the MBE is about 145-146. So if you are average, you are doing great.


If average is a 145-146, I highly doubt that 70% equates to average...


I'm talking about Scaled on the real thing. Average is 145-146. Which really only requires about 70% on the REAL thing, not on themis Qs which may be harder.


70% means you got 140 questions right out of 200. I would imagine that would get you a much higher scaled score than 145.


10 questions don't count. You'd get 133 raw at 70%.


I have to admit it is good to see people on here with the same simple goals and wishes. Just passing! 8) Also, this is my first post and I would rather not be a creeper any longer in case something interesting happens.

antonious13
Posts: 77
Joined: Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:51 am

Re: THEMIS BAR REVIEW Hangout.

Postby antonious13 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:00 pm

California bar takers. I will be dropping the curve a bit lower for you. You're welcome.

User avatar
kalvano
Posts: 11725
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am

Re: THEMIS BAR REVIEW Hangout.

Postby kalvano » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:23 pm

Is anyone actually going 12 hours a day? That seems excessive.

09042014
Posts: 18282
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: THEMIS BAR REVIEW Hangout.

Postby 09042014 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:25 pm

kalvano wrote:Is anyone actually going 12 hours a day? That seems excessive.


I am trying now because I was going like 2 in june.

User avatar
BarbellDreams
Posts: 2256
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:10 pm

Re: THEMIS BAR REVIEW Hangout.

Postby BarbellDreams » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:29 pm

I'm going like 6-8 per day. At 58% right now. Gunners can dominate me on the MBE for all I care, I just need to pass, bare minimum is completely fine with me.

User avatar
HETPE3B
Posts: 126
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:35 pm

Re: THEMIS BAR REVIEW Hangout.

Postby HETPE3B » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:33 pm

Is anyone considering the following study strategy: compiling all the practice essay prompts and model responses into a single file, printing out the file, and reading over it several times?

User avatar
Shawnology
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:47 pm

Re: THEMIS BAR REVIEW Hangout.

Postby Shawnology » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:36 pm

HETPE3B wrote:Is anyone considering the following study strategy: compiling all the practice essay prompts and model responses into a single file, printing out the file, and reading over it several times?


Yea, seems like that would be the way to go with this thing. From the horrible grades I have been receiving on the essays I will need to simply regurgitate exactly what they want. And for me, the best way to do that is memorizing it verbatim. There are only a few types of questions they can honestly ask per subject.

User avatar
kalvano
Posts: 11725
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am

Re: THEMIS BAR REVIEW Hangout.

Postby kalvano » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:36 pm

HETPE3B wrote:Is anyone considering the following study strategy: compiling all the practice essay prompts and model responses into a single file, printing out the file, and reading over it several times?



I save all the practice questions and answers and review them regularly.

User avatar
geekrocker37
Posts: 129
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:26 pm

Re: THEMIS BAR REVIEW Hangout.

Postby geekrocker37 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:46 pm

BarbellDreams wrote:I'm going like 6-8 per day. At 58% right now. Gunners can dominate me on the MBE for all I care, I just need to pass, bare minimum is completely fine with me.



+1




Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests