HETPE3B

Re: THEMIS BAR REVIEW Hangout.

Postby HETPE3B » Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:28 pm

as stars burn wrote:
HETPE3B wrote:73am/70pm. Meh

You're seriously disappointed in that?! That's great performance I think! You typically only need about 120/200 to pass! No need to over study now ;)

I was planning to get a good enough cushion on the MBE (and MPT) to have room to fuck up essays. I might need it. Also, got 76 and 86 on milestones. But I guess you're right. Time for a drink! :mrgreen:

forza

Postby forza » Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:34 pm

71 AM / 65 PM. 136/200.

Dat stamina fail.

dsclaw

Postby dsclaw » Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:38 pm

66 on AM/ 78 on PM .... Talk about a big disparity.... Definitely took more time on the second section though, i only had like 3 minutes remaining when I finished where as i had like 12-15 in the morning session. Question 150 was easy but fucking long as shit. While I do not find most property questions particularly challenging (exception RAP and a few recording statute) the questions are so fucking long its ridiculous.

Agoraphobia

Postby Agoraphobia » Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:09 pm

Have to do mine on Thursday since I'm getting carpet put in my basement tomorrow :roll: Not looking forward to it. It sounds horrible.

dsclaw

Postby dsclaw » Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:19 pm

So I got back my graded MPT and my score says 61/100 and yet on the graded score it says 20 and I am way below the average? Was the 20 entered improperly or is a 61/100 equal to a 20 somehow?

Lost crazy points for not putting a TO: From: RE: on the top.

TheBeard

Postby TheBeard » Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:21 pm

forza wrote:71 AM / 65 PM. 136/200.

Dat stamina fail.

This. 74 AM / 67 PM. Still stoked tho. Remember peeps: minimum competency.

Citizen Genet

Postby Citizen Genet » Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:28 pm

TheBeard wrote:
forza wrote:71 AM / 65 PM. 136/200.

Dat stamina fail.

This. 74 AM / 67 PM. Still stoked tho. Remember peeps: minimum competency.

Some of us are expecting to be a little more minimally competent on the essays and hoping to make up ground through the MBE. :-)

67 AM / 76 PM. Really hoping I can hit around 80% on game day.

ReelectClayDavis

Postby ReelectClayDavis » Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:40 pm

72 AM / 77 PM; I'll take it, wish my state valued the MBE more. Time to actually learn the state law.

Bustang

Postby Bustang » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:26 pm

71/72. Happy.

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:27 pm

For people without a testing location to go to, did you do it online or in the book and then upload it?

as stars burn

Postby as stars burn » Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:30 pm

Yeah. I'm not even going to post my scores because I didn't do so hot. Not abysmally, but not as well as the rest of you. :cry:

Catleesi

Postby Catleesi » Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:29 pm

as stars burn wrote:Yeah. I'm not even going to post my scores because I didn't do so hot. Not abysmally, but not as well as the rest of you. :cry:

Turn that frown upside down. Get sad and discouraged and the gunners win. The more you feel like crap the better they think they're doing.

It doesn't matter if you score 80% (95% of the people in this forum won't-- let's cut the bs) on test day or you score EXACTLY what you need to to pass. You just need to pass. Employers are not going to ask you your bar exam rank.

Did you do your best, Stars? If so, you win today. The whole idea of doing a simulated MBE now is to scare the hell out of you and make you focus on what you really need to focus on. If you figured out you're going to have to continue studying between now and the bar, you met the objective of the day. The sad pandas on here complaining about their 75s don't need your pat on the back, ye though they are begging for it.

Catleesi

Postby Catleesi » Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:34 pm

kalvano wrote:For people without a testing location to go to, did you do it online or in the book and then upload it?

Both. Did the morning session in the book and uploaded it-- felt like a minor waste of time (in that I had to take ten minutes to fill in the bubbles online) because at this point in my life I know how it feels to take a multiple choice test on paper. Did the afternoon session online. Scores were comparable-- afternoon session slightly worse, due to sheer exhaustion.

Dr. Review

Postby Dr. Review » Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:28 am

For those of you wondering... Yes, the MBE recap lectures are going to do a question by question breakdown of the simulated MBE, broken into topics. No assessment questions though. I would think you can mostly watch the parts for what you got wrong and move on.

Reinhardt

Postby Reinhardt » Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:31 am

Good chance for me to catch up then, thank the lawd.

Agoraphobia

Postby Agoraphobia » Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:39 am

What is this thing: "Watch MBE Workshop II: The Simulated MBE"? And why am I supposed to do it AFTER I take the simulated MBE? Or is this a review, too? TIA

mvp

Postby mvp » Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:39 am

Fuck. Me. That is all.

BarCliff

Postby BarCliff » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:23 am

Just started watching the MBE Workshop Videos.

Anyone else think that these videos are a colossal waste of time? I think I'd get much more out of reviewing my answers + the outlines than watching these videos...

Chichaca

Postby Chichaca » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:05 am

BarCliff wrote:Just started watching the MBE Workshop Videos.

Anyone else think that these videos are a colossal waste of time? I think I'd get much more out of reviewing my answers + the outlines than watching these videos...

Yup. I'm gonna give it a few more minutes...

as stars burn

Postby as stars burn » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:15 am

Catleesi wrote:
as stars burn wrote:Yeah. I'm not even going to post my scores because I didn't do so hot. Not abysmally, but not as well as the rest of you. :cry:

Turn that frown upside down. Get sad and discouraged and the gunners win. The more you feel like crap the better they think they're doing.

It doesn't matter if you score 80% (95% of the people in this forum won't-- let's cut the bs) on test day or you score EXACTLY what you need to to pass. You just need to pass. Employers are not going to ask you your bar exam rank.

Did you do your best, Stars? If so, you win today. The whole idea of doing a simulated MBE now is to scare the hell out of you and make you focus on what you really need to focus on. If you figured out you're going to have to continue studying between now and the bar, you met the objective of the day. The sad pandas on here complaining about their 75s don't need your pat on the back, ye though they are begging for it.

I really needed to read this. Thank you for making me feel a thousand times better. It helps to be reminded every now and then that I really just need to pass and that the MBE is curved to difficulty and such. I'm already letting this exam get into my head more than it needs to....comparing myself to others doesn't help. That's why I got off Facebook but maybe I should give up TLS now haha. I definitely did do the best I could on the exam considering I feel completely burnt out and was completely exhausted even before I started to take the exam. I need to remember to take care of myself, which I tend to neglect with this shit looming over my head.

As for the review MBE videos...I kind of like them. The nifty charts and such in the handouts are really nice as reminders for the reoccurring material that pops up. Plus, I need something to help me review 200 multiple choice questions. Yikes.

JD_done

Postby JD_done » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:52 am

As for the review MBE videos...I kind of like them. The nifty charts and such in the handouts are really nice as reminders for the reoccurring material that pops up. Plus, I need something to help me review 200 multiple choice questions. Yikes.[/quote]

Am I so tired that I can't see these charts? I've been watching the Property videos but have not come across any handouts. :?:

Catleesi

Postby Catleesi » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:06 am

as stars burn wrote:
I really needed to read this. Thank you for making me feel a thousand times better. It helps to be reminded every now and then that I really just need to pass and that the MBE is curved to difficulty and such. I'm already letting this exam get into my head more than it needs to....comparing myself to others doesn't help. That's why I got off Facebook but maybe I should give up TLS now haha. I definitely did do the best I could on the exam considering I feel completely burnt out and was completely exhausted even before I started to take the exam. I need to remember to take care of myself, which I tend to neglect with this shit looming over my head.

Every time you start feeling this way, take a look at the averages in your MyProgress bar, and think about what that means for this forum, and you. Yesterday's MBE averages were 64 and 65. Yet you get on here, and all you see is "I didn't get a B+ :,("

You're on a forum with people who have been this way all of law school and see no reason to change now because it worked. Drag everybody else down and you feel like you're *higher.* They're not posting their scores for support because they want to do better-- they're posting their scores so you see how well they're doing and think it reflects on you. "I'm so bummed about my 76" means "I can do even better and you should feel bad because you got even less than that." Which of COURSE YOU DID because the average is TEN POINTS LOWER.

If the average yesterday was 64-65, it means one of two things:
1. This forum is a magical forum that has somehow drawn 90% bar exam geniuses who probably could have passed with Adaptibar and might as well have saved their money OR
2. This forum is full of people inflating their scores so they can feel superior, because it is the Internet and no one will ever know.

It's your guess, Stars. Either way it shouldn't make you feel bad. If 75% of takers pass, you don't even need to be average, let alone an UNCURVED B PLUS BAR TAKER.

edit-- also, all I'm seeing on Facebook is sheer, unadulterated panic. Here it's nothing but top hats and monocles and the haughtiest humble bragging I've ever heard.

balzie94

Postby balzie94 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:10 am

Catleesi wrote:
as stars burn wrote:

Every time you start feeling this way, take a look at the averages in your MyProgress bar, and think about what that means for this forum, and you. Yesterday's MBE averages were 64 and 65. Yet you get on here, and all you see is "I didn't get a B+ :,("

You're on a forum with people who have been this way all of law school and see no reason to change now because it worked. Drag everybody else down and you feel like you're *higher.* They're not posting their scores for support because they want to do better-- they're posting their scores so you see how well they're doing and think it reflects on you. "I'm so bummed about my 76" means "I can do even better and you should feel bad because you got even less than that." Which of COURSE YOU DID because the average is TEN POINTS LOWER.

If the average yesterday was 64-65, it means one of two things:
1. This forum is a magical forum that has somehow drawn 90% bar exam geniuses who probably could have passed with Adaptibar and might as well have saved their money OR
2. This forum is full of people inflating their scores so they can feel superior, because it is the Internet and no one will ever know.

It's your guess, Stars. Either way it shouldn't make you feel bad. If 75% of takers pass, you don't even need to be average, let alone an UNCURVED B PLUS BAR TAKER.

+1. This thread became gunner-ish yesterday. I think this forum is serves its purpose when people post analysis on difficult questions, etc. Nobody cares about how well you did.

That said, it doesn't surprise me that people on here are scoring highly. I think TLS in general is self-selecting in that it attracts people who generally care more about (and are therefore weird) law school to the point of posting in an anonymous message board.

Catleesi

Postby Catleesi » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:20 am

balzie94 wrote:That said, it doesn't surprise me that people on here are scoring highly. I think TLS in general is self-selecting in that it attracts people who generally care more about (and are therefore weird) law school to the point of posting in an anonymous message board.

In my experience, the people in law school who cared enough to post online were the ones who needed to either drag other law schools through the mud so they felt better about their choice or the ones who needed affirmation that they were crazy smart because they were law students, and therefore were better than everyone else.

I'll grant you I did not go to a tier 1 school, so it's possible it's different there.

I'm here now because Themis is by nature a solitary program, and I've moved to the state I want to practice in and know no other bar takers. I want to see what others are doing, but not how they're scoring. Are we all in agreement that Geis's butterfly is cute? Ok, great. Do I care about your 86% on that last mixed MBE set? No. No, I do not. Scores of individual studiers in New York or Illinois mean nothing to me in Colorado.

GertrudePerkins

Postby GertrudePerkins » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:24 am

Catleesi wrote:Here it's nothing but top hats and monocles and the haughtiest humble bragging I've ever heard.
I love this phraseology! I doff my top hat to you, good sir or madam! (Seriously though, I quite enjoyed that sentence.)

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”