. Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
kalvano

Diamond

Re: THEMIS BAR REVIEW Hangout.

Post by kalvano » Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:57 am

All of today and tomorrow is just reviewing handouts with a couple sets of MBE questions. That seems too easy.

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:07 pm

So our first graded essay is due Friday the 7th, but we can't access it until Friday the 7th? And we are supposed to do Torts lectures and MBE's? Is the graded essay just another one of the essays like we've been practicing?

Themis Bar Review

New

Post by Themis Bar Review » Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:32 pm

kalvano wrote:So our first graded essay is due Friday the 7th, but we can't access it until Friday the 7th? And we are supposed to do Torts lectures and MBE's? Is the graded essay just another one of the essays like we've been practicing?

Hope everyone had a solid weekend of studying without any interruptions.

Kalvano, if you wouldn't mind submitting this question into your myCommunication tab in your course homepage. From here, select New Message and choose Adviser Question under the Question Type dropdown box. By submitting it there, you're ensuring that the person best able to help you will receive your question in the shortest amount of time.

Let me know if you have any other questions,

EJ
Themis Bar Review

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:17 pm

It would be much better if you could download the handouts for lectures without commenting and highlighting restricted in the PDF.

JD_done

New

Post by JD_done » Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:28 pm

kalvano wrote:It would be much better if you could download the handouts for lectures without commenting and highlighting restricted in the PDF.

Agreed! I have been converting the PDF's to Word documents so that I can add extra notes, highlight etc. I signed up for adobe create for the next couple of months to get this done.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:30 pm

If you have Acrobat, you can use "save a copy" to save a copy you can annotate. It's just a pain to do in each one.

CyLaw

Gold

Post by CyLaw » Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:40 pm

kalvano wrote:It would be much better if you could download the handouts for lectures without commenting and highlighting restricted in the PDF.
+1. I use Foxit PDF though, which ignores the restrictions and lets me comment and highlight anyways.

Holly Golightly

Gold

Post by Holly Golightly » Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:47 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
Holly Golightly wrote:Starting Themis today...this should be fun. Even more so once I start working...
Protip= watch on 2x

Don't read the long outlines.
Yesterday I was able to speed up the videos, but it's not working on the one I'm watching now. HALP

HETPE3B

Bronze

Post by HETPE3B » Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:55 pm

Holly Golightly wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:
Holly Golightly wrote:Starting Themis today...this should be fun. Even more so once I start working...
Protip= watch on 2x

Yesterday I was able to speed up the videos, but it's not working on the one I'm watching now. HALP
F5

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Holly Golightly

Gold

Post by Holly Golightly » Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:57 pm

HETPE3B wrote:
Holly Golightly wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:
Protip= watch on 2x

F5
For a mac?

Holly Golightly

Gold

Post by Holly Golightly » Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:59 pm

Also, these intro videos are awful.

HETPE3B

Bronze

Post by HETPE3B » Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:02 pm

Holly Golightly wrote: For a mac?
not sure. had the same issue briefly. refreshing the page helped. if not, close and open the browser.. restart the computer

smokyroom26

Bronze

Post by smokyroom26 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:16 pm

Hey, be careful with shutting down/restarting right after a Themis failure if you're using Chrome. This is obviously anecdotal, but: on day two, while using Themis, Chrome started going batty. I shut down and restarted and my computer kernel panicked during restart. That was a tense ride to the Apple store.

It was ultimately fine (required an overnight stay in the store), and obviously could have been caused by many things, but just saying. According to the tech it wasn't a hardware failure and Chrome + bar program made him raise an eyebrow.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:21 pm

What program? I didn't install anything.

smokyroom26

Bronze

Post by smokyroom26 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:05 pm

kalvano wrote:What program? I didn't install anything.
Didn't mean program in that sense - should have typed "portal" or something. I didn't install anything either (and the tech knew that).

Themis Bar Review

New

Post by Themis Bar Review » Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:40 pm

kalvano wrote:What program? I didn't install anything.
Themis Bar Review is a completely web-based online learning program. The only download that is required to run the Themis Bar Review course is the most recent Adobe FlashPlayer to view our video lectures. At no point during your course should you be prompted to download anything other than pdf files that are related to your course progress. If you are ever prompted to download something other than what I have listed above, please contact Themis at 888-843-6476 or email tech@themisbar.com.

EJ
Themis Bar Review

Citizen Genet

Silver

Post by Citizen Genet » Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:05 pm

Really though, we're a week in and I'm struggling to get through this stuff out of boredom. Torts has been okay, but we've got commercial paper and secured transactions later this week. Not looking forward to those.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Bronx Bum

Bronze

Post by Bronx Bum » Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:18 pm

smokyroom26 wrote:Hey, be careful with shutting down/restarting right after a Themis failure if you're using Chrome. This is obviously anecdotal, but: on day two, while using Themis, Chrome started going batty. I shut down and restarted and my computer kernel panicked during restart. That was a tense ride to the Apple store.

It was ultimately fine (required an overnight stay in the store), and obviously could have been caused by many things, but just saying. According to the tech it wasn't a hardware failure and Chrome + bar program made him raise an eyebrow.
Happened to me too. No idea if it was themis but I tried to type something into the handout and the computer froze, I turned it off and the computer went through some crazy 4 hour start up. Idiot me tried typing into the pdf again and the same thing happened. Maybe it was acrobat but I dunno.

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:22 pm

What percent done should we be at, approximately?

antonious13

New

Post by antonious13 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:01 pm

kalvano wrote:What percent done should we be at, approximately?
Good question. I'm sitting at 11% done. Of course, property makes me want to gouge my eyes out so it's taking time to get through.

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:05 pm

It's 75% completed required to kick in the Themis warranty when I fail the bar like a bomb exploding, right?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

CyLaw

Gold

Post by CyLaw » Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:01 pm

kalvano wrote:It's 75% completed required to kick in the Themis warranty when I fail the bar like a bomb exploding, right?
(4) Complete 75% or more of all substantive tasks within the course, as measured by Themis.*

*All assignments must have been completed within approximately the amount of time allotted in the Themis schedule for each assignment. By definition, substantive tasks include all lectures, practice MBE and essay questions, milestone exams, and graded essays. Themis reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to refuse to offer the Pass or Your Money Back Guarantee to any student that Themis believes did not complete the required 75% of the substantive tasks with due diligence and in good faith.

CyLaw

Gold

Post by CyLaw » Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:02 pm

antonious13 wrote:
kalvano wrote:What percent done should we be at, approximately?
Good question. I'm sitting at 11% done. Of course, property makes me want to gouge my eyes out so it's taking time to get through.
Same here. But I think it depends on jurisdiction as some started sooner than others, and may have more or less material to cover (I'm taking MD for comparison purposes)

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:07 pm

CyLaw wrote:
kalvano wrote:It's 75% completed required to kick in the Themis warranty when I fail the bar like a bomb exploding, right?
(4) Complete 75% or more of all substantive tasks within the course, as measured by Themis.*

*All assignments must have been completed within approximately the amount of time allotted in the Themis schedule for each assignment. By definition, substantive tasks include all lectures, practice MBE and essay questions, milestone exams, and graded essays. Themis reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to refuse to offer the Pass or Your Money Back Guarantee to any student that Themis believes did not complete the required 75% of the substantive tasks with due diligence and in good faith.
I wonder if reading the outlines even counts.

Bikeflip

Gold

Post by Bikeflip » Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:34 pm

What's a good PDF to Word program? I was using Mac's Automator app to make a PDF to Word (really RTF) script, but that method deletes the spaces between words. Idonotwanttokeepaddingthespacesbackin.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”