.

User avatar
kalvano
Posts: 11725
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am

Re: THEMIS BAR REVIEW Hangout.

Postby kalvano » Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:57 am

All of today and tomorrow is just reviewing handouts with a couple sets of MBE questions. That seems too easy.

User avatar
kalvano
Posts: 11725
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am

Re: THEMIS BAR REVIEW Hangout.

Postby kalvano » Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:07 pm

So our first graded essay is due Friday the 7th, but we can't access it until Friday the 7th? And we are supposed to do Torts lectures and MBE's? Is the graded essay just another one of the essays like we've been practicing?

User avatar
Themis Bar Review
Posts: 22
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:13 pm

Re: THEMIS BAR REVIEW Hangout.

Postby Themis Bar Review » Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:32 pm

kalvano wrote:So our first graded essay is due Friday the 7th, but we can't access it until Friday the 7th? And we are supposed to do Torts lectures and MBE's? Is the graded essay just another one of the essays like we've been practicing?



Hope everyone had a solid weekend of studying without any interruptions.

Kalvano, if you wouldn't mind submitting this question into your myCommunication tab in your course homepage. From here, select New Message and choose Adviser Question under the Question Type dropdown box. By submitting it there, you're ensuring that the person best able to help you will receive your question in the shortest amount of time.

Let me know if you have any other questions,

EJ
Themis Bar Review

User avatar
kalvano
Posts: 11725
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am

Re: THEMIS BAR REVIEW Hangout.

Postby kalvano » Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:17 pm

It would be much better if you could download the handouts for lectures without commenting and highlighting restricted in the PDF.

JD_done
Posts: 40
Joined: Thu May 30, 2013 9:04 am

Re: THEMIS BAR REVIEW Hangout.

Postby JD_done » Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:28 pm

kalvano wrote:It would be much better if you could download the handouts for lectures without commenting and highlighting restricted in the PDF.



Agreed! I have been converting the PDF's to Word documents so that I can add extra notes, highlight etc. I signed up for adobe create for the next couple of months to get this done.

User avatar
kalvano
Posts: 11725
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am

Re: THEMIS BAR REVIEW Hangout.

Postby kalvano » Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:30 pm

If you have Acrobat, you can use "save a copy" to save a copy you can annotate. It's just a pain to do in each one.

CyLaw
Posts: 1557
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:59 pm

Re: THEMIS BAR REVIEW Hangout.

Postby CyLaw » Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:40 pm

kalvano wrote:It would be much better if you could download the handouts for lectures without commenting and highlighting restricted in the PDF.


+1. I use Foxit PDF though, which ignores the restrictions and lets me comment and highlight anyways.

User avatar
Holly Golightly
Posts: 4618
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:30 am

Re: THEMIS BAR REVIEW Hangout.

Postby Holly Golightly » Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:47 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
Holly Golightly wrote:Starting Themis today...this should be fun. Even more so once I start working...


Protip= watch on 2x

Don't read the long outlines.

Yesterday I was able to speed up the videos, but it's not working on the one I'm watching now. HALP

User avatar
HETPE3B
Posts: 126
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:35 pm

Re: THEMIS BAR REVIEW Hangout.

Postby HETPE3B » Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:55 pm

Holly Golightly wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:
Holly Golightly wrote:Starting Themis today...this should be fun. Even more so once I start working...


Protip= watch on 2x

Don't read the long outlines.

Yesterday I was able to speed up the videos, but it's not working on the one I'm watching now. HALP

F5

User avatar
Holly Golightly
Posts: 4618
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:30 am

Re: THEMIS BAR REVIEW Hangout.

Postby Holly Golightly » Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:57 pm

HETPE3B wrote:
Holly Golightly wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:
Holly Golightly wrote:Starting Themis today...this should be fun. Even more so once I start working...


Protip= watch on 2x

Don't read the long outlines.

Yesterday I was able to speed up the videos, but it's not working on the one I'm watching now. HALP

F5

For a mac?

User avatar
Holly Golightly
Posts: 4618
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:30 am

Re: THEMIS BAR REVIEW Hangout.

Postby Holly Golightly » Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:59 pm

Also, these intro videos are awful.

User avatar
HETPE3B
Posts: 126
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:35 pm

Re: THEMIS BAR REVIEW Hangout.

Postby HETPE3B » Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:02 pm

Holly Golightly wrote:For a mac?

not sure. had the same issue briefly. refreshing the page helped. if not, close and open the browser.. restart the computer

User avatar
smokyroom26
Posts: 253
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:56 am

Re: THEMIS BAR REVIEW Hangout.

Postby smokyroom26 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:16 pm

Hey, be careful with shutting down/restarting right after a Themis failure if you're using Chrome. This is obviously anecdotal, but: on day two, while using Themis, Chrome started going batty. I shut down and restarted and my computer kernel panicked during restart. That was a tense ride to the Apple store.

It was ultimately fine (required an overnight stay in the store), and obviously could have been caused by many things, but just saying. According to the tech it wasn't a hardware failure and Chrome + bar program made him raise an eyebrow.

User avatar
kalvano
Posts: 11725
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am

Re: THEMIS BAR REVIEW Hangout.

Postby kalvano » Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:21 pm

What program? I didn't install anything.

User avatar
smokyroom26
Posts: 253
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:56 am

Re: THEMIS BAR REVIEW Hangout.

Postby smokyroom26 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:05 pm

kalvano wrote:What program? I didn't install anything.


Didn't mean program in that sense - should have typed "portal" or something. I didn't install anything either (and the tech knew that).

User avatar
Themis Bar Review
Posts: 22
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:13 pm

Re: THEMIS BAR REVIEW Hangout.

Postby Themis Bar Review » Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:40 pm

kalvano wrote:What program? I didn't install anything.


Themis Bar Review is a completely web-based online learning program. The only download that is required to run the Themis Bar Review course is the most recent Adobe FlashPlayer to view our video lectures. At no point during your course should you be prompted to download anything other than pdf files that are related to your course progress. If you are ever prompted to download something other than what I have listed above, please contact Themis at 888-843-6476 or email tech@themisbar.com.

EJ
Themis Bar Review

Citizen Genet
Posts: 516
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:03 am

Re: THEMIS BAR REVIEW Hangout.

Postby Citizen Genet » Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:05 pm

Really though, we're a week in and I'm struggling to get through this stuff out of boredom. Torts has been okay, but we've got commercial paper and secured transactions later this week. Not looking forward to those.

User avatar
Bronx Bum
Posts: 474
Joined: Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:02 pm

Re: THEMIS BAR REVIEW Hangout.

Postby Bronx Bum » Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:18 pm

smokyroom26 wrote:Hey, be careful with shutting down/restarting right after a Themis failure if you're using Chrome. This is obviously anecdotal, but: on day two, while using Themis, Chrome started going batty. I shut down and restarted and my computer kernel panicked during restart. That was a tense ride to the Apple store.

It was ultimately fine (required an overnight stay in the store), and obviously could have been caused by many things, but just saying. According to the tech it wasn't a hardware failure and Chrome + bar program made him raise an eyebrow.


Happened to me too. No idea if it was themis but I tried to type something into the handout and the computer froze, I turned it off and the computer went through some crazy 4 hour start up. Idiot me tried typing into the pdf again and the same thing happened. Maybe it was acrobat but I dunno.

User avatar
kalvano
Posts: 11725
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am

Re: THEMIS BAR REVIEW Hangout.

Postby kalvano » Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:22 pm

What percent done should we be at, approximately?

antonious13
Posts: 77
Joined: Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:51 am

Re: THEMIS BAR REVIEW Hangout.

Postby antonious13 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:01 pm

kalvano wrote:What percent done should we be at, approximately?


Good question. I'm sitting at 11% done. Of course, property makes me want to gouge my eyes out so it's taking time to get through.

User avatar
kalvano
Posts: 11725
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am

Re: THEMIS BAR REVIEW Hangout.

Postby kalvano » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:05 pm

It's 75% completed required to kick in the Themis warranty when I fail the bar like a bomb exploding, right?

CyLaw
Posts: 1557
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:59 pm

Re: THEMIS BAR REVIEW Hangout.

Postby CyLaw » Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:01 pm

kalvano wrote:It's 75% completed required to kick in the Themis warranty when I fail the bar like a bomb exploding, right?


(4) Complete 75% or more of all substantive tasks within the course, as measured by Themis.*

***

*All assignments must have been completed within approximately the amount of time allotted in the Themis schedule for each assignment. By definition, substantive tasks include all lectures, practice MBE and essay questions, milestone exams, and graded essays. Themis reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to refuse to offer the Pass or Your Money Back Guarantee to any student that Themis believes did not complete the required 75% of the substantive tasks with due diligence and in good faith.

CyLaw
Posts: 1557
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:59 pm

Re: THEMIS BAR REVIEW Hangout.

Postby CyLaw » Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:02 pm

antonious13 wrote:
kalvano wrote:What percent done should we be at, approximately?


Good question. I'm sitting at 11% done. Of course, property makes me want to gouge my eyes out so it's taking time to get through.


Same here. But I think it depends on jurisdiction as some started sooner than others, and may have more or less material to cover (I'm taking MD for comparison purposes)

09042014
Posts: 18282
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: THEMIS BAR REVIEW Hangout.

Postby 09042014 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:07 pm

CyLaw wrote:
kalvano wrote:It's 75% completed required to kick in the Themis warranty when I fail the bar like a bomb exploding, right?


(4) Complete 75% or more of all substantive tasks within the course, as measured by Themis.*

***

*All assignments must have been completed within approximately the amount of time allotted in the Themis schedule for each assignment. By definition, substantive tasks include all lectures, practice MBE and essay questions, milestone exams, and graded essays. Themis reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to refuse to offer the Pass or Your Money Back Guarantee to any student that Themis believes did not complete the required 75% of the substantive tasks with due diligence and in good faith.


I wonder if reading the outlines even counts.

User avatar
Bikeflip
Posts: 1833
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:01 pm

Re: THEMIS BAR REVIEW Hangout.

Postby Bikeflip » Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:34 pm

What's a good PDF to Word program? I was using Mac's Automator app to make a PDF to Word (really RTF) script, but that method deletes the spaces between words. Idonotwanttokeepaddingthespacesbackin.




Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests