. Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
dudnaito

Bronze

Re: THEMIS BAR REVIEW Hangout.

Post by dudnaito » Thu May 08, 2014 1:26 am

What should I do about Themis Outlines' stance on majority rules, minority rules, strong minority rules, modern trends, Restatement approach, etc... It's nice that it's comprehensive, but is it overkill?

Take causation in negligence for example. I can basically write 4 pages on every single possible interpretation. Looked at a Cali. Model Essay, they write like 2 paragraphs on just "yeah, breh, it's foreseeable, and like... the other dude's gonna say, it's not that foreseeable," w/o any in-depth analysis, but apparently that's sufficient as a model essay, and I can see how this is true when you're only given 30 minutes per MEE essay anyway.

Feels like I'm spending majority of my time parsing through all these interpretations and it's severely curving my efficiency. Should I just pay attention to maj. rules and maybe just strong minority rules?

Thanks

kapital98

Silver

Post by kapital98 » Mon May 12, 2014 3:28 pm

Checking in. Is this going to be the primary Themis July 2014 thread?

jtx86

New

Post by jtx86 » Tue May 13, 2014 4:10 pm

dudnaito wrote:What should I do about Themis Outlines' stance on majority rules, minority rules, strong minority rules, modern trends, Restatement approach, etc... It's nice that it's comprehensive, but is it overkill?

Take causation in negligence for example. I can basically write 4 pages on every single possible interpretation. Looked at a Cali. Model Essay, they write like 2 paragraphs on just "yeah, breh, it's foreseeable, and like... the other dude's gonna say, it's not that foreseeable," w/o any in-depth analysis, but apparently that's sufficient as a model essay, and I can see how this is true when you're only given 30 minutes per MEE essay anyway.

Feels like I'm spending majority of my time parsing through all these interpretations and it's severely curving my efficiency. Should I just pay attention to maj. rules and maybe just strong minority rules?

Thanks
I don't think it's overkill. Knowing the difference b/w the majority/minority/strong minority is what gets you the most points on the essay portion of the bar.

nowinGA

Bronze

Post by nowinGA » Wed May 14, 2014 4:45 pm

kapital98 wrote:Checking in. Is this going to be the primary Themis July 2014 thread?

I was thinking it might be nice to start a fresh one. Anyone else agree?

puttycake

Bronze

Post by puttycake » Wed May 14, 2014 4:48 pm

nowinGA wrote:
kapital98 wrote:Checking in. Is this going to be the primary Themis July 2014 thread?

I think that would be good. That way, people aren't replying to someone who isn't even around.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

nowinGA

Bronze

Post by nowinGA » Wed May 14, 2014 4:49 pm

puttycake wrote:
nowinGA wrote:

I think that would be good. That way, people aren't replying to someone who isn't even around.
I'll do it now.

kapital98

Silver

Post by kapital98 » Wed May 14, 2014 6:54 pm

nowinGA wrote:
puttycake wrote:
nowinGA wrote:

I'll do it now.
thank you.

Snape

Bronze

Re: .

Post by Snape » Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:03 pm

How is the difficult level in compared to Barbri questions and the actual exam questions. I know Barbri claims you can add "15" more correct to what you receive on there practice exams. Is there anything similar for Themis? Are Themis questions more difficult? Less? The same?

kapital98

Silver

Post by kapital98 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:18 am

Snape wrote:How is the difficult level in compared to Barbri questions and the actual exam questions. I know Barbri claims you can add "15" more correct to what you receive on there practice exams. Is there anything similar for Themis? Are Themis questions more difficult? Less? The same?
I don't see how Barbri can possibly claim that. I've used Themis questions (which are modeled after real questions) and also Adaptibar. Adaptibar uses only officially licensed questions from modern exams.

I'd say Themis is slightly more difficult and tricky than the actual things. Probably the same thing as Barbri offers. It's hard to say that questions that aren't real are actually more helpful. Go check out Adaptibar. They offer a free trial with 150 official questions available for the trial. Then you will know *exactly* what the questions will look like when the real thing happens.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Bill Cosby

Bronze

Post by Bill Cosby » Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:59 am

kapital98 wrote:
Snape wrote:How is the difficult level in compared to Barbri questions and the actual exam questions. I know Barbri claims you can add "15" more correct to what you receive on there practice exams. Is there anything similar for Themis? Are Themis questions more difficult? Less? The same?
I don't see how Barbri can possibly claim that. I've used Themis questions (which are modeled after real questions) and also Adaptibar. Adaptibar uses only officially licensed questions from modern exams.

I'd say Themis is slightly more difficult and tricky than the actual things. Probably the same thing as Barbri offers. It's hard to say that questions that aren't real are actually more helpful. Go check out Adaptibar. They offer a free trial with 150 official questions available for the trial. Then you will know *exactly* what the questions will look like when the real thing happens.
Thanks for the tip!

At the Drive-In

New

Post by At the Drive-In » Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:20 am

kapital98 wrote:

Barbri doesn't really claim that. What they say is that people improve their score by about 15 questions from their sim exam to the actual MBE. The average score on the sim exam is 114, but the average score on the MBE raw last year was ~129ish.

refinedwarrior

New

Post by refinedwarrior » Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:53 pm

Bronx Bum wrote:"Don't worry, you're going to pass." Look mom/gf/dad, I love you to death but you really don't fuckin know that.

Wish they would say "you'll be fine even if u fail" instead.
Know it's been a long time since you posted this but how'd you end up doing BronxBum?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”