. Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Wed May 22, 2013 11:02 pm

Any of you bros start early?

I've already stopped reading these damn outlines too long.
Last edited by 09042014 on Wed May 14, 2014 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bikeflip

Gold

Re: THEMIS BAR REVIEW Hangout.

Post by Bikeflip » Wed May 22, 2013 11:24 pm

Tmrw's problem, breh.

geekrocker37

Bronze

Post by geekrocker37 » Thu May 23, 2013 9:36 am

Desert Fox wrote:Any of you bros start early?

I've already stopped reading these damn outlines too long.
Agreed. All about the fill in the blanks. And the Torts Prof.

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Thu May 23, 2013 10:59 am

Logged on to start today.

"HTML5: Video Not Encoded Properly"

lolwut?

Bikeflip

Gold

Post by Bikeflip » Thu May 23, 2013 12:13 pm

Anyone have Kramer for property? Is the volume fucked up on your video?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Themis Bar Review

New

Post by Themis Bar Review » Fri May 24, 2013 12:35 pm

Hey everyone, great idea starting the Themis Bar Review Hangout. I wanted to take a moment to thank you for taking part in our S13 bar review course. Should you have any technical problems, feel free to call 888-843-6476 or email tech@themisbar.com. You can also always contact our customer service department at info@themisbar.com or by chatting us by clicking the following link; http://service.velaro.com/visitor/reque ... en=inqueue

Good luck with your studies and remember, we're here to help!

Themis Bar Review

Bikeflip

Gold

Post by Bikeflip » Fri May 24, 2013 8:37 pm

Themis Bar Review wrote:Hey everyone, great idea starting the Themis Bar Review Hangout. I wanted to take a moment to thank you for taking part in our S13 bar review course. Should you have any technical problems, feel free to call 888-843-6476 or email tech@themisbar.com. You can also always contact our customer service department at info@themisbar.com or by chatting us by clicking the following link; http://service.velaro.com/visitor/reque ... en=inqueue

Good luck with your studies and remember, we're here to help!

Themis Bar Review

Why can't we download videos onto the iPad when we're not logged into the Themis app?

CyLaw

Gold

Post by CyLaw » Mon May 27, 2013 9:52 pm

Checking in. Starting Maryland tomorrow.

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Tue May 28, 2013 12:32 am

Am I missing something? Am I supposed to be freaked out? Because it just seems like a lot of repetitive learning and then spitting it back, much more like undergrad than law school.

Of course, watch me fail miserably.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Tue May 28, 2013 12:59 am

kalvano wrote:Am I missing something? Am I supposed to be freaked out? Because it just seems like a lot of repetitive learning and then spitting it back, much more like undergrad than law school.

No need to freak out. I'm mostly going to bitch about the ton of shit themis is making us do.

CyLaw

Gold

Post by CyLaw » Tue May 28, 2013 6:44 am

Desert Fox wrote:
kalvano wrote:Am I missing something? Am I supposed to be freaked out? Because it just seems like a lot of repetitive learning and then spitting it back, much more like undergrad than law school.

No need to freak out. I'm mostly going to bitch about the ton of shit themis is making us do.
This.

Not worried or freaked out. Only wishing to commiserate on spending the summer studying for this minimum competency test.

HETPE3B

Bronze

Post by HETPE3B » Tue May 28, 2013 11:26 am

A few weeks ago I found this schedule that shows today as the start date with 5-day workweeks afterwards. Hard to imagine the workload if I were to follow that.

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Tue May 28, 2013 11:27 am

HETPE3B wrote:A few weeks ago I found this schedule that shows today as the start date with 5-day workweeks afterwards. Hard to imagine the workload if I were to follow that.
The stuff on the weeks seem to be mostly shit like "review your notes"

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

HETPE3B

Bronze

Post by HETPE3B » Tue May 28, 2013 11:30 am

Desert Fox wrote:
HETPE3B wrote:A few weeks ago I found this schedule that shows today as the start date with 5-day workweeks afterwards. Hard to imagine the workload if I were to follow that.
The schedule that Themis generated for me (direct study mode) shows a ton of practice MBE modules and some reading/lecture-watching on weekends. So it's not really shit you can do while at the beach.

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Tue May 28, 2013 11:36 am

HETPE3B wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:
The schedule that Themis generated for me (direct study mode) shows a ton of practice MBE modules and some reading/lecture-watching on weekends. So it's not really shit you can do while at the beach.
Yea it is more than i thought, LAME. I'm just going to do more work during weekdays. Fuck working on teh weekend.

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Tue May 28, 2013 11:58 am

I plan on working Monday-Friday for a while, then probably stepping it up in late June or early July.

I really, really, really don't want to take this godawful thing more than once.

CyLaw

Gold

Post by CyLaw » Tue May 28, 2013 2:29 pm

kalvano wrote:I plan on working Monday-Friday for a while, then probably stepping it up in late June or early July.
I'm probably the opposite. I have too much real life stuff during the weekends in late June and early July. So I will probably do a couple (read:3-4) hours a day on the first few weekends, then start taking the weekends off.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

locusdelicti

Bronze

Post by locusdelicti » Tue May 28, 2013 2:31 pm

I started using Themis back in April when I did the MBE preview thingy, then started the real course on May 6. I think it's pretty good so far. I'm already an attorney, but I moved to a new jurisdiction and don't meet the reciprocity requirements, so I'm taking two bar exams this summer and it blows. Themis didn't exist when I graduated law school, and I kind of wish it had - this is way better than Micromash, and I'm still not into giving my money to the bloated, corrupt monopoly that is Barbri. I'll give it to former Barbri personnel for a similar program at half the cost, though, thanks much.

To all of you who have never sat for a bar exam, know this - you'll never feel completely prepared, and afterward, you'll wonder if you did anything right, and that probably means you passed. It ain't the end of the world, and none of this will matter after you start practicing - you'll forget everything you don't need to know for your job. Study hard, but be as relaxed as you can be.

So regarding Themis - I really like the format so far. John Jeffries is the shit. I wish he'd taught Con Law at my school.

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Tue May 28, 2013 2:33 pm

locusdelicti wrote:I started using Themis back in April when I did the MBE preview thingy, then started the real course on May 6. I think it's pretty good so far. I'm already an attorney, but I moved to a new jurisdiction and don't meet the reciprocity requirements, so I'm taking two bar exams this summer and it blows. Themis didn't exist when I graduated law school, and I kind of wish it had - this is way better than Micromash, and I'm still not into giving my money to the bloated, corrupt monopoly that is Barbri. I'll give it to former Barbri personnel for a similar program at half the cost, though, thanks much.

To all of you who have never sat for a bar exam, know this - you'll never feel completely prepared, and afterward, you'll wonder if you did anything right, and that probably means you passed. It ain't the end of the world, and none of this will matter after you start practicing - you'll forget everything you don't need to know for your job. Study hard, but be as relaxed as you can be.

So regarding Themis - I really like the format so far. John Jeffries is the shit. I wish he'd taught Con Law at my school.
I like Jeffries, don't like the torts lady.

Kagan's writing stuff is terrible, but I can't tell if it's the material or her presentation.

locusdelicti

Bronze

Post by locusdelicti » Tue May 28, 2013 2:35 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
locusdelicti wrote:I started using Themis back in April when I did the MBE preview thingy, then started the real course on May 6. I think it's pretty good so far. I'm already an attorney, but I moved to a new jurisdiction and don't meet the reciprocity requirements, so I'm taking two bar exams this summer and it blows. Themis didn't exist when I graduated law school, and I kind of wish it had - this is way better than Micromash, and I'm still not into giving my money to the bloated, corrupt monopoly that is Barbri. I'll give it to former Barbri personnel for a similar program at half the cost, though, thanks much.

Kagan's writing stuff is terrible, but I can't tell if it's the material or her presentation.
I don't have a torts lady... I had a torts guy. He was pretty succinct. I wonder why our MBE lectures had different professors?

Torts is just a nightmare anyway - 20 long lectures about broken legs and drunk teenagers. I'm glad I got those out of the way already.

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Tue May 28, 2013 2:37 pm

locusdelicti wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:

I don't have a torts lady... I had a torts guy. He was pretty succinct. I wonder why our MBE lectures had different professors?

Torts is just a nightmare anyway - 20 long lectures about broken legs and drunk teenagers. I'm glad I got those out of the way already.
Torts was insanely long. Strange that we have different lecturers, mine didn't mention anything about my state specific law, and she teaches law in another states. Odd.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

locusdelicti

Bronze

Post by locusdelicti » Tue May 28, 2013 2:38 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
locusdelicti wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:

Torts was insanely long. Strange that we have different lecturers, mine didn't mention anything about my state specific law, and she teaches law in another states. Odd.
You should have a differences lecture and outline for your state. I had this dude for Torts, and then I had PA differences lectures and I'll also have NJ differences lectures. Do you not have that? It would be separate from the MBE lecture.

Citizen Genet

Silver

Post by Citizen Genet » Tue May 28, 2013 2:41 pm

I hope everyone knows that if you're using Chrome or Safari, you can hover over the video and press Shift + --> to speed up the video. It can go at 1.5x speed (very manageable) and 2x speed (takes some training).
Last edited by Citizen Genet on Tue May 28, 2013 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Tue May 28, 2013 2:46 pm

The lady who teaches Texas Essay Writing sounded like she was about to die part of the way through.

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Tue May 28, 2013 2:47 pm

locusdelicti wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:
locusdelicti wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:

You should have a differences lecture and outline for your state. I had this dude for Torts, and then I had PA differences lectures and I'll also have NJ differences lectures. Do you not have that? It would be separate from the MBE lecture.
Yea I have them, but I haven't watched yet. I'm just surprised the original MBE vids have different people.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”