. Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
locusdelicti

Bronze

Re: THEMIS BAR REVIEW Hangout.

Post by locusdelicti » Fri May 31, 2013 1:03 pm

Citizen Genet wrote:I hope everyone knows that if you're using Chrome or Safari, you can hover over the video and press Shift + --> to speed up the video. It can go at 1.5x speed (very manageable) and 2x speed (takes some training).
This works in Firefox, too, FYI.

locusdelicti

Bronze

Post by locusdelicti » Fri May 31, 2013 1:04 pm

Themis Bar Review wrote:
locusdelicti wrote:
HETPE3B wrote:Wondering why the "goal" on practice MBE questions is just 50%. Is that because the practice questions are more difficult than the actual thing? Does that number go up later in the course?
Anyone else know this? Can Themis respond?
During the beginning sessions of your bar review course, you will see your goal is 50% for the practice MBE questions. As you progress through your studies, your goal will increase to help prepare you for the bar exam. If you are finding that you have any questions in regards to your score and the goal, please contact your state director for any study strategies.

EJ
Themis Bar Review
Thanks much!

mjj

New

Post by mjj » Fri May 31, 2013 1:28 pm

Themis Bar Review wrote:
mjj wrote:I actually have one more question, EJ (again, thanks for being so helpful here!).

myCommunication has a red circle with a 17 inside, which I take to mean I (somehow) have 17 new messages. But I only seem to have 4 messages in the entire inbox (3 broadcast, 1 personal), all of which I have read. Is there some inbox I'm not seeing, or is that just a weird glitch? Thanks!!

We apologize for this inconvenience. We are aware of this bug and our team is currently testing a fix in our test environment. As soon as it has cleared our Quality Assurance (QA) team, it will be moved into our student environment and this situation should be corrected. We appreciate your patience as we work diligently to fix this.

EJ
Themis Bar Review
No problem! It's not really an issue, just couldn't figure out if I was missing something somehow.

Citizen Genet

Silver

Post by Citizen Genet » Fri May 31, 2013 3:44 pm

@Kalvano,

LLCs were the very last thing in partnerships. We were doomed from the start.

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Fri May 31, 2013 5:21 pm

I saw that. They should change that sequence up.

Also, the Agency guy? OH. MY. GOD.

Did you go to SMU? He's like Martinez.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

HETPE3B

Bronze

Post by HETPE3B » Fri May 31, 2013 8:09 pm

Just found something cool.. click on your "% Complete" at the top, scroll sideways to "MBE PQs" and click on it. You'll see your percent correct by subject compared to the national average.

Probably not news to many of you, still thought I'd share.

Bikeflip

Gold

Post by Bikeflip » Fri May 31, 2013 8:59 pm

HETPE3B wrote:Just found something cool.. click on your "% Complete" at the top, scroll sideways to "MBE PQs" and click on it. You'll see your percent correct by subject compared to the national average.

Good to know. I'm well below average on Property. :oops:

Bikeflip

Gold

Post by Bikeflip » Fri May 31, 2013 10:20 pm

Is 2X speed a feature on the iPad app?

HETPE3B

Bronze

Post by HETPE3B » Fri May 31, 2013 10:25 pm

Bikeflip wrote:
HETPE3B wrote:Just found something cool.. click on your "% Complete" at the top, scroll sideways to "MBE PQs" and click on it. You'll see your percent correct by subject compared to the national average.

And the average for property is 58%. :D
Bikeflip wrote:Is 2X speed a feature on the iPad app?
Pretty sure it isn't.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Fri May 31, 2013 10:37 pm

Here's the 2013 Texas schedule, for anyone who wants an idea of where they should be. I doubt the states vary too widely.

http://sdrv.ms/10Oxj7t

HETPE3B

Bronze

Post by HETPE3B » Fri May 31, 2013 10:49 pm

kalvano wrote:Here's the 2013 Texas schedule, for anyone who wants an idea of where they should be. I doubt the states vary too widely.

TX has a whole module on Oil and Gas. Very nice. Wishing NY had less useless garbage and more relevant stuff like Securities Regulation.

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Fri May 31, 2013 10:56 pm

Oil & Gas is huge here.

Bikeflip

Gold

Post by Bikeflip » Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:22 am

HETPE3B wrote:
Bikeflip wrote:

And the average for property is 58%. :D
Yeah, I'm below 40%, though my last MBE set was better. My 1L prof taught us jack shit about estates, future interests, RAP, etc. Learning that shit blows.
Con Law
HETPE3B wrote:
Bikeflip wrote:Is 2X speed a feature on the iPad app?
Pretty sure it isn't.
Damn itttttt.
kalvano wrote:Here's the 2013 Texas schedule, for anyone who wants an idea of where they should be. I doubt the states vary too widely.

Colorado started with property, 3 units, then Con Law, now Torts. Then Civ Pro. Dunno if the other UBE states are going in that order.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

HETPE3B

Bronze

Post by HETPE3B » Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:32 pm

Bikeflip wrote:Yeah, I'm below 40%, though my last MBE set was better. My 1L prof taught us jack shit about estates, future interests, RAP, etc. Learning that shit blows.
Damn.. I couldn't imagine learning this stuff from scratch now. Sorry

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:51 pm

It's easier learning just the law than it is the bullshit law school history and theory of RAP and estates.

HETPE3B

Bronze

Post by HETPE3B » Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:03 pm

kalvano wrote:It's easier learning just the law than it is the bullshit law school history and theory of RAP and estates.
Yea, I'm pretty sure NONE of us learned in law school even half the Con Law doctrine tested on the MBE. But at least we know a shitton about original public meaning and the like..

fathergoose

Silver

Post by fathergoose » Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:30 pm

Checking in from Texas. Thanks for the thread, it gave me a solid 15-20 minutes of procrastination following a long video binge.

I gotta say that I'm pretty pleasantly surprised by Themis thus far. It is absolutely miserable sitting inside under florescent lights all day but I do feel like I'm learning and I Iike the way it's set up with reading the outline, watching the video, filling out the handout, and answering questions. It makes you at least see the important information a number of different times/ways.

The big downside I guess is the complete lack of social interaction. I like the flexibility to do what I want when I want but I guess I wish there were almost bar review/AA meetings set up for each city where we could get together and commiserate. "Hi my name is Bob and I am three days behind on my Bar Prep." "Hi Bob"

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Bronx Bum

Bronze

Post by Bronx Bum » Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:13 pm

GD. Got spoiled with Jeffers. The torts lady was brutal. I'm sure she has brilliant credentials, probably a great professor, but the lecture was awful. Hope I don't have to hear her voice again.

fathergoose

Silver

Post by fathergoose » Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:44 pm

Listening to lectures at 1.5 or 2x speed and then going back to regular speed is trippy.

antonious13

New

Post by antonious13 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:09 am

Has anyone listened to Kramer on 1.5x? Talk about light speed.
Yeah, I'm below 40%, though my last MBE set was better. My 1L prof taught us jack shit about estates, future interests, RAP, etc. Learning that shit blows.
I know the feeling. We had an Italian adjunct come in to teach the class. Pretty hot, but I had no clue what she was trying to teach us.

Also, I'm glad I found this thread and that people are experiencing some of the same issues I am. And, there's a Themis person here to help. Nice.

purr se

New

Post by purr se » Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:31 am

Bikeflip wrote: Colorado started with property, 3 units, then Con Law, now Torts. Then Civ Pro. Dunno if the other UBE states are going in that order.
Yo, I'm doing Colorado, too! Anyone else?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

HETPE3B

Bronze

Post by HETPE3B » Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:28 am

Just looked at my schedule and saw that I have to read the 94-page Civ Pro outline, watch 14 Civ Pro lectures, and do 34 MBE PQs all in one day.

Themis, umadbro?

Holly Golightly

Gold

Post by Holly Golightly » Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:54 pm

Starting Themis today...this should be fun. Even more so once I start working...

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:13 pm

Holly Golightly wrote:Starting Themis today...this should be fun. Even more so once I start working...
Protip= watch on 2x

Don't read the long outlines.

Holly Golightly

Gold

Post by Holly Golightly » Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:13 pm

These intro videos are already making me want to kill self.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”