. Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Holly Golightly

Gold

Re: THEMIS BAR REVIEW Hangout.

Post by Holly Golightly » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:42 am

Listening to the videos at 2x speed while drunk is almost fun.

JD_done

New

Post by JD_done » Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:16 am

Bikeflip wrote:What's a good PDF to Word program? I was using Mac's Automator app to make a PDF to Word (really RTF) script, but that method deletes the spaces between words. Idonotwanttokeepaddingthespacesbackin.
I signed up for Adobe Create online. It's a monthly subscription.

https://www.acrobat.com/landing/en/cpdf ... =60242:0:0

Citizen Genet

Silver

Post by Citizen Genet » Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:25 am

So if you listen to the MBE Torts guy (from Md) on 2x speed then slow him down to 1x speed, he definitely sounds drunk.

HETPE3B

Bronze

Post by HETPE3B » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:16 pm

Got a (1) message notification yesterday that doesn't go away despite there not being any new or unread messages in the inbox. Anyone else?

antonious13

New

Post by antonious13 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:06 pm

Holly Golightly wrote:Listening to the videos at 2x speed while drunk is almost fun.
I tried listening to the Real Property guy (CA here) at 2x, I couldn't keep up half the time. It's like getting a lecture from Chip and Dale.

Got a (1) message notification yesterday that doesn't go away despite there not being any new or unread messages in the inbox. Anyone else?
Yeah, I've still had a (2) with no new messages for several days, but at least it's not the (21) I had last week.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:08 pm

There is no way I can pack all this information into my head. I'll explode like the guy from Scanners.

antonious13

New

Post by antonious13 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:21 pm

kalvano wrote:There is no way I can pack all this information into my head. I'll explode like the guy from Scanners.
Or, Chris Farley in Almost Heroes? http://youtu.be/-Gp1kVAEFAI?t=1m4s

geekrocker37

Bronze

Post by geekrocker37 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:01 pm

Anybody else scoring consistently in the 60-69%? I've only been watching lectures, filling out handouts, and doing cursory outline reviews. Should I be concerned or happy being here in week 3?

Eruannon

Bronze

Post by Eruannon » Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:52 pm

I think you are okay. I have been getting in the high-70s/low-80s on torts but in the low 60s on Con Law (which I thought was one of my strong subjects before this). I feel like the biggest hurdle on some of these questions is figuring out the style that they are written in, and learning to actively problem solve the question while you are reading it. Luckily, there are lots of practice questions, and I am hoping it will come with time.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:52 pm

Fuck aliens and fuck state regulation of commerce. I fail those miserably every time.

HETPE3B

Bronze

Post by HETPE3B » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:56 pm

geekrocker37 wrote:Anybody else scoring consistently in the 60-69%? I've only been watching lectures, filling out handouts, and doing cursory outline reviews. Should I be concerned or happy being here in week 3?
Mid-60s to mid-70s here. Watching lectures, reading outlines, but not even opening handouts.

Might be OK for the MBE, but what scares me shitless is having to memorize doctrine for the essays. Fuck New York crim law and its five degrees for every crime.

Citizen Genet

Silver

Post by Citizen Genet » Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:13 pm

Commercial paper, I will fail you.

Bikeflip

Gold

Post by Bikeflip » Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:18 pm

High 50s to low 60s here. Should I be worried, bros? I'm not going that hard right now.

Cursory readings of the outlines, lectures at 2X speed, filling out the handout, sorta making an outline of the handout, brief review, doing MBEs & MEEs. Granted, if I get bored during MBE questions, I just pick randomly to finish. Ive' probably done that to 25% of the questions. I need to stop that, if only to get a better idea of what I actually should study.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

forza

Gold

Post by forza » Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:39 pm

Jesus I blew ass at MBE practice Qs today.

Bikeflip

Gold

Post by Bikeflip » Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:44 pm

God the Civ Pro handout sucks. It's missing important stuff from the lecture.

Citizen Genet

Silver

Post by Citizen Genet » Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:44 pm

Bikeflip wrote:High 50s to low 60s here. Should I be worried, bros? I'm not going that hard right now.

Cursory readings of the outlines, lectures at 2X speed, filling out the handout, sorta making an outline of the handout, brief review, doing MBEs & MEEs. Granted, if I get bored during MBE questions, I just pick randomly to finish. Ive' probably done that to 25% of the questions. I need to stop that, if only to get a better idea of what I actually should study.
Was about to give advice and then realized I've never taken much less passed the bar. So really, I've got nothing.

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:53 pm

Bikeflip wrote:High 50s to low 60s here. Should I be worried, bros? I'm not going that hard right now.

I wouldn't worry, it's early and you aren't focusing that hard.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Bikeflip

Gold

Post by Bikeflip » Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:00 pm

Desert Fox wrote:

I wouldn't worry, it's early and you aren't focusing that hard.
That's kinda what I'm thinking. I probably should step up the review a bit, though. The more comfortable with the material I am in June, the less stressed I wil be in July.

Holly Golightly

Gold

Post by Holly Golightly » Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:26 pm

I feel like I should care about this more than I do...

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:35 pm

Holly Golightly wrote:I feel like I should care about this more than I do...
You can take it next summer. I'd wing it.

Bikeflip

Gold

Post by Bikeflip » Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:51 pm

Damn it, Themis. Stop buffering!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

locusdelicti

Bronze

Post by locusdelicti » Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:22 pm

I'd slow it down to 1.5 speed and push through the practice questions. This will be the third bar exam I've taken, and let me tell you, if you don't put in the time, you're not going to be ready. I say this having passed one and failed one. I fucked around on the second one and I didn't make it through. Try to focus.

CaliBum

New

Post by CaliBum » Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:27 pm

antonious13 wrote:
kalvano wrote:What percent done should we be at, approximately?
Good question. I'm sitting at 11% done. Of course, property makes me want to gouge my eyes out so it's taking time to get through.
And for this, I blame Kramer. His babbling is horrendous. Bring John Jeffries back!

locusdelicti

Bronze

Post by locusdelicti » Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:36 pm

CaliBum wrote:
antonious13 wrote:
kalvano wrote:What percent done should we be at, approximately?
Good question. I'm sitting at 11% done. Of course, property makes me want to gouge my eyes out so it's taking time to get through.
And for this, I blame Kramer. His babbling is horrendous. Bring John Jeffries back!
Real Property Moby went off on too many tangents.

Bikeflip

Gold

Post by Bikeflip » Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:09 pm

locusdelicti wrote:

I'd slow it down to 1.5 speed and push through the practice questions. This will be the third bar exam I've taken, and let me tell you, if you don't put in the time, you're not going to be ready. I say this having passed one and failed one. I fucked around on the second one and I didn't make it through. Try to focus.

All true. I was doing Torts on 2X today, but I spent more time on review. I was up to around 80%. Granted it's Torts, but I have better identified my study problem. I can keep up and understand the lecture at 2X speed, but then I go right to the questions after powering through all 10 lectures, and there may be 10 lectures. By then, I've forgotten all about lecture 1. After reviewing more heavily today, and doing some flashcards, the material remained in my short-term memory. So I'll stay with the 2X speed and focus way more on review.

Another thing I'm doing wrong is breezing through the questions. I'm only taking about a minute per question, and I think I'm not giving myself time to think the whole problem through or review the fact pattern to find anything dispositive.

These issues relate back to my overall problem: I'm impatient. Rushing through the material isn't helping me.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”