. Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."

Diamond

Re: THEMIS BAR REVIEW Hangout.

Post by 09042014 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:44 pm

Alright bros lets not give each other panic attacks.

Bronx Bum

Bronze

Post by Bronx Bum » Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:48 pm

Probably 10-13

BarbellDreams

Gold

Post by BarbellDreams » Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:56 pm

4-8 and took one day off every week completely. Idk, unless my MBE/Essays have a disproportionate amount of mortgages, covenants and ConLaw questions that make me go "Umm...yeah, so this is gonna be a guess." (especially Congress v. Executive separation of powers) I should be fine. I'm scoring in the mid-high 60s on the latest MBEs but I truly dont believe mixed sets represent what the exam will be like past set 5 or so. I haven't gotten a straight mailbox rule, offer/acceptance or is this hearsay question in ages. Instead I am dealing with remembering how wild deeds work.

TheBeard

Bronze

Post by TheBeard » Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:01 pm

Damn, some brehs really put in mad work. I think we're all going to be fine.

locusdelicti

Bronze

Post by locusdelicti » Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:07 pm

Keeping Fed Civ Pro, PA Civ Pro and NJ Civ Pro rules straight is really fucking with me.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

yeff

Bronze

Post by yeff » Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:08 pm

BarbellDreams wrote:A defendant, charged with armed robbery of a store, denied that he was the person who had robbed the store. In presenting the state's case, the prosecutor seeks to introduce evidence that the defendant had robbed two other stores in the past year.

Dude. If you guys know he robbed the other two stores in the past year and have the evidence how the hell is he not in jail for the other two robberies already and instead is out committing more robberies? Robberies run like 5-10 for a first offense. Did he get out on good behavior due to overcrowding or something?
They have "evidence" he was connected to two other robberies, you don't know how much. Maybe not enough for an arrest. Or they haven't gotten to it yet.

Bikeflip

Gold

Post by Bikeflip » Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:11 pm

kalvano wrote:

That's definitely something you need to be aware of on the exam. The offense-specific nature of the 6th Amendment seems to pop up a good bit. Since the question said that it was explicitly the 6th Amendment, Miranda isn't correct.
Yeah, I get that. I recall reading the question and saying to myself, "6th Amendment right to counsel doesn't apply here. Different crimes." Then I just went and choose A without reading much of the question or the other answers. Yay carelessness...

TheBeard

Bronze

Post by TheBeard » Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:21 pm

locusdelicti wrote:Keeping Fed Civ Pro, PA Civ Pro and NJ Civ Pro rules straight is really fucking with me.
Same. I've stopped studying NJ Civ Pro for now. I've reviewed the outline 2-3 times, and I don't plan on picking it back up 'til the night before the NJ bar. I know it's not the recommended approach, but I'll chance it.

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:22 pm

I wish Themis gave averages for the mix subjects. I wonder if the goal % is higher than average or what.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Carlos Danger

New

Post by Carlos Danger » Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:24 pm

TheBeard wrote:
locusdelicti wrote:Keeping Fed Civ Pro, PA Civ Pro and NJ Civ Pro rules straight is really fucking with me.
Same. I've stopped studying NJ Civ Pro for now. I've reviewed the outline 2-3 times, and I don't plan on picking it back up 'til the night before the NJ bar. I know it's not the recommended approach, but I'll chance it.
I'm completely serious about this question. I'm taking NY and NJ. I have done absolutely nothing in terms of studying NJ law. Do you actually need to know NJ civ pro?

Bikeflip

Gold

Post by Bikeflip » Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:27 pm

Quick question: You can be charged with both a greater and lesser included offense (say robbery and larceny), but you cannot be convicted of both (if you're convicted of robbery, larceny merges into it), right?

TheBeard

Bronze

Post by TheBeard » Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:27 pm

Carlos Danger wrote:
TheBeard wrote:
I'm completely serious about this question. I'm taking NY and NJ. I have done absolutely nothing in terms of studying NJ law. Do you actually need to know NJ civ pro?
You haven't studied NJ law because they test the MBE subjects. One of the essays is a Civ Pro essay and it could cover either Fed Civ Pro, NJ Civ Pro, or a combination of both.

Charles Barkley

Bronze

Post by Charles Barkley » Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:28 pm

Bikeflip wrote:Quick question: You can be charged with both a greater and lesser included offense (say robbery and larceny), but you cannot be convicted of both (if you're convicted of robbery, larceny merges into it), right?
Correct.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:28 pm

What is the deal with felony murder. It merges with the felony that caused it right?

yeff

Bronze

Post by yeff » Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:29 pm

re-asking this again, sorry brehs. anyone got any clue how to roughly translate a Themis /100 score to the NY scaled essay score, like for seperac's calculator? I know we've got the themis averages displayed, but...

Bikeflip

Gold

Post by Bikeflip » Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:29 pm

Charles Barkley wrote:
Bikeflip wrote:Quick question: You can be charged with both a greater and lesser included offense (say robbery and larceny), but you cannot be convicted of both (if you're convicted of robbery, larceny merges into it), right?
Correct.
Thanks breh.

Charles Barkley

Bronze

Post by Charles Barkley » Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:33 pm

Desert Fox wrote:What is the deal with felony murder. It merges with the felony that caused it right?
Also correct.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

TheBeard

Bronze

Post by TheBeard » Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:35 pm

Desert Fox wrote:What is the deal with felony murder. It merges with the felony that caused it right?
Just to make sure: you mean the felony merges into the murder, right? If so, you're correct.

Agoraphobia

Bronze

Post by Agoraphobia » Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:38 pm

kalvano wrote:
Agoraphobia wrote:
kalvano wrote:Probably a legit 6-8 hours a day.
Close to 8 most days. Sometimes 10.
I'm going to look back at that post and cry when I fail.
It's only because my memory is so bad. I overcompensate.

Talar

New

Post by Talar » Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:39 pm

This shit is stressful. I want to quit studying but I'm too paranoid to stop. The test needs to get here already.

Carlos Danger

New

Post by Carlos Danger » Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:40 pm

TheBeard wrote:
Carlos Danger wrote:
TheBeard wrote:
You haven't studied NJ law because they test the MBE subjects. One of the essays is a Civ Pro essay and it could cover either Fed Civ Pro, NJ Civ Pro, or a combination of both.
Thanks

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Agoraphobia

Bronze

Post by Agoraphobia » Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:42 pm

Larceny merges into robbery but not burglary. The elements of larceny are contained in robbery. So think of this way, it's impossible to commit a robbery without committing a larceny. But, you can commit a burglary without committing a larcency, because the felony you meant to commit inside the dwelling could be something else than larceny.

Carlos Danger

New

Post by Carlos Danger » Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:46 pm

Agoraphobia wrote:
Larceny merges into robbery but not burglary. The elements of larceny are contained in robbery. So think of this way, it's impossible to commit a robbery without committing a larceny. But, you can commit a burglary without committing a larcency, because the felony you meant to commit inside the dwelling could be something else than larceny.
Very good point

Bikeflip

Gold

Post by Bikeflip » Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:47 pm

Agoraphobia wrote:

Right right. You can break and enter into another's dwelling at night intending to burn the damn thing down.
Last edited by Bikeflip on Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Charles Barkley

Bronze

Post by Charles Barkley » Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:47 pm

Noob commercial paper question here.

If A makes a note saying "A promises to give B $10,000." B then gives the note to C (assume C is a HDC) - does the fact that there was no consideration for the note matter?

Or does it only matter if C was not a HDC, because lack of consideration would be a personal defense?

Halp

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”