. Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
kalvano

Diamond

Re: THEMIS BAR REVIEW Hangout.

Post by kalvano » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:05 pm

wh3931110 wrote:
kalvano wrote:Fuck the MBE. Auction rights at a foreclosure sale? Fuck off with that.

Jealous of people who are done.
I still cannot figure out what the right answer to this question was... needless to say I found this question to be BS as well haha

I'm pretty sure it was "you need cash" because YOU CAN'T FUCKING USE AN ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE TO BID ON A FORECLOSURE.

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:06 pm

JDCA2012 wrote:
kalvano wrote:Fuck the MBE. Auction rights at a foreclosure sale? Fuck off with that.

Yup, exactly how I felt on that.
Also, god dammit. I'm always tempted by the fucking clogging the equity of redemption. Pretty sure I got the first one right, since you can't K the right away. But can the bank demand immediate possession via acceleration clause on a default? Fuck it, who cares, nothing I can do about it now.
I guess property law has been replaced with "Mortgages" as the 6th MBE topic.

I think as long as the tenant is current in rent and not wasteful, you can't just kick them off the property if it changes ownership because they have a valid contract.

johnnymobs

New

Post by johnnymobs » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:07 pm

Did anybody take the North Carolina Bar? Essays were all over the place...

Reinhardt

Bronze

Post by Reinhardt » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:07 pm

Yep. 2 or 3 easements, 1 adverse possession, 1 RAP, 67 mortgages

Bikeflip

Gold

Post by Bikeflip » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:11 pm

And of those 67 mortgages, 0 were experimental.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

wh3931110

New

Post by wh3931110 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:14 pm

Last edited by wh3931110 on Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

anonymcoffee

Bronze

Post by anonymcoffee » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:19 pm

ironically for me mortgages was like RAP, I said I'll gamble it four or five questions I know I won't get right... let me study future interests, recording, adverse possession. Clearly not my best decision.

as stars burn

Silver

Post by as stars burn » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:28 pm

JDCA2012 wrote:

Yup, exactly how I felt on that.
Also, god dammit. I'm always tempted by the fucking clogging the equity of redemption. Pretty sure I got the first one right, since you can't K the right away. But can the bank demand immediate possession via acceleration clause on a default? Fuck it, who cares, nothing I can do about it now.
I guess property law has been replaced with "Mortgages" as the 6th MBE topic.
I totally remember this question, but I can't remember my answer at all. I'm so deathly tired right now, but I am almost 98% positive I put something related to clogging the equity of redemption....ugh, the MBE can just die. I also had several times where I read the fact pattern, visualized the answer in my head, and then looked at the answers only to see some contorted version of what I had in my head and it just totally threw me off. This was especially true for the parol evidence questions. I was afraid to pick answers that "looked" too easy, and to the above, I definitely had several strings of letters for sure. I definitely had a string of D's at one point separate by one A somewhere. It was definitely difficult.
Last edited by as stars burn on Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bustang

Bronze

Post by Bustang » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:33 pm

I'll be happy if I got 50% on that crap.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Bronx Bum

Bronze

Post by Bronx Bum » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:38 pm

Unless there's a decent curve, I feel pretty fucked. Definitely harder than themis's simulated. Christ even the "gimme" questions seemed to have another answer choice that was pretty close.

tekisui

New

Post by tekisui » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:42 pm

How about the kidney question. What the hell was that?

anonymcoffee

Bronze

Post by anonymcoffee » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:51 pm

@tekisui I went with the dumbest, simplest response, I took it back 1L style and picked the ...duty answer haha. i was too dumbfounded that people could sue for that so...I picked A and moved on

as stars burn

Silver

Post by as stars burn » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:58 pm

anonymcoffee wrote:@tekisui I went with the dumbest, simplest response, I took it back 1L style and picked the ...duty answer haha. i was too dumbfounded that people could sue for that so...I picked A and moved on
That's exactly what I did. That question felt like it was out of left field haha.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Whatisthis

Bronze

Post by Whatisthis » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:00 pm

kalvano wrote:
wh3931110 wrote:

I still cannot figure out what the right answer to this question was... needless to say I found this question to be BS as well haha

I'm pretty sure it was "you need cash" because YOU CAN'T FUCKING USE AN ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE TO BID ON A FORECLOSURE.
All right. New to the thread, but this question also stumped me. The way I thought about was that everyone would tend to lose if the bank were prevented from bidding the balance of the mortgage. I mean, the foreclosure auction is for the benefit of the bank, right? If the bank can't bid using the underlying debt, then not only does the bank not get the property (which it must value more than those bidding cash), but the mortgagor also gets stuck with still owing whatever remaining balance--assuming it's a recourse obligation. It just seems illogical. Dunno. Feel kinda terrible about the whole thing. Also, not sure how I feel about Themis. Guess I feel alright, so long as I don't fail.
Last edited by Whatisthis on Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:01 pm

as stars burn wrote:
anonymcoffee wrote:@tekisui I went with the dumbest, simplest response, I took it back 1L style and picked the ...duty answer haha. i was too dumbfounded that people could sue for that so...I picked A and moved on
That's exactly what I did. That question felt like it was out of left field haha.
None of the other answers made sense. So I picked "owed a duty" as basic negligence law and moved on.

Also, anytime a party opponent made a statement to someone and one of the answers wasn't "admissible because statement of party opponent," I wanted to ragestab some MBE test-maker.

fathergoose

Silver

Post by fathergoose » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:02 pm

The MBE broke my spirit today. I wish I was not taking the TX bar so I could be done and under a pile of beer bottles already but no, I have to try and cram so I can salvage my chances on the 12 essays tomorrow. I may just become a fast food burger jockey if I don't pass, I'm not going through this again.

usuaggie

Silver

Post by usuaggie » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:04 pm

Agree with duty

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

antonious13

New

Post by antonious13 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:07 pm

Well, I'm not feeling so bad anymore.

wh3931110

New

Post by wh3931110 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:14 pm

Last edited by wh3931110 on Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

geekrocker37

Bronze

Post by geekrocker37 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:17 pm

wh3931110 wrote:
Add me to feeling dumbfounded on that question. Maybe I missed it, but what exactly what she even suing for? Pretty sure the question just assumed we should know what theory she was bringing under.

Also, to whoever said not sure how to feel about Themis after the MBE, I generally agree. I mean if we all pass than Themis did fine by me and I was happy with Themis throughout the process, but considering I still cannot even find some of the answers in the outlines to the questions we had... makes me a tad nervous haha
From browsing other threads and websites, it appears people using other services are feeling the same way. NCBE trolling all of us?

anonymcoffee

Bronze

Post by anonymcoffee » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:19 pm

let me just unload my soul before I go study TX essays.

a contract where they "shook on it" felt like a bro contract that would have been my answer, I though oh wait is this a thing guys do, maybe it's enforceable whatever moved on. if you have an option, effing pay for it so it's actually open. there were some bunny toys, I was cracking up at this. the federal government tried to get states to check illegal immigrants, way to be "relevant" mbe. a guy wanted a famous lawyer, I don't know if he waived his rights. mortgages. i thought I knew what a dying declaration was...I didn't. mortgages.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Larry Tate

New

Post by Larry Tate » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:20 pm

This was the best comment over on autoadmit lol "my LIB FRIEND told me she picked the equal protection option because TERRORISTS should be a PROTECTED CLASS"

TaipeiMort

Silver

Post by TaipeiMort » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:25 pm

usuaggie wrote:
Agree with duty
USU was legit last year.

usuaggie

Silver

Post by usuaggie » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:29 pm

TaipeiMort wrote:
usuaggie wrote:
Agree with duty
USU was legit last year.
Just as good this year but harder schedule. Will beat two of Utah USC byu Boise though.

TaipeiMort

Silver

Post by TaipeiMort » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:32 pm

usuaggie wrote:
TaipeiMort wrote:
usuaggie wrote:
Agree with duty
USU was legit last year.
Just as good this year but harder schedule. Will beat two of Utah USC byu Boise though.
Anderson was the reason Utah was good, not Whit. USU might drop off because they lost the best coach besides Peterson in the region.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”