Diamond

Re: PSA: your bar review courses are trying to freak you out

Postby PennBull » Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:50 pm

sup

objctnyrhnr

Bronze

Postby objctnyrhnr » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:24 pm

let's say one gets a 70% on mbe in an easier state. how well do i actually have to do on the state portion? what about 75?

dudnaito

Bronze

Postby dudnaito » Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:19 am

objctnyrhnr wrote:let's say one gets a 70% on mbe in an easier state. how well do i actually have to do on the state portion? what about 75?

70% raw? Your post is incredibly vague. The jurisdictions have vastly different rules as well, so a strategy that works in one state won't work in the other, "easier" or no. I'm taking Illinois (50-50 jurisdiction) so a 70% MBE raw essentially allows me to be in the bottom 2-5% of the essay portion, of which the state portion is only around 20% of the total test, so ya know... write "penis" over and over followed by "F U Illinois, your pizza sucks?"

objctnyrhnr

Bronze

Postby objctnyrhnr » Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:42 am

dudnaito wrote:
objctnyrhnr wrote:let's say one gets a 70% on mbe in an easier state. how well do i actually have to do on the state portion? what about 75?

70% raw? Your post is incredibly vague. The jurisdictions have vastly different rules as well, so a strategy that works in one state won't work in the other, "easier" or no. I'm taking Illinois (50-50 jurisdiction) so a 70% MBE raw essentially allows me to be in the bottom 2-5% of the essay portion, of which the state portion is only around 20% of the total test, so ya know... write "penis" over and over followed by "F U Illinois, your pizza sucks?"

Okay that actually answered my question. When I said 70%, I meant literally getting 70% of the questions correct. I ask because my MBE is fairly strong right now, to the point that I am optimistic I can get 70% on test day. By contrast, I am struggling a little bit with essays, particularly with subjects that I did not take in LS. I was just wondering if I am in a bad spot or not.

dreakol

Silver

Postby dreakol » Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:15 pm

this post should be linked every time someone who dropped 3-4k (or even 2k) on a bar prep company but are still thinking they need to spend even more money for more materials

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum�