PSA: your bar review courses are trying to freak you out Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
PennBull

Diamond

Re: PSA: your bar review courses are trying to freak you out

Post by PennBull » Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:50 pm

sup

objctnyrhnr

Post by objctnyrhnr » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:24 pm

let's say one gets a 70% on mbe in an easier state. how well do i actually have to do on the state portion? what about 75?

dudnaito

Bronze

Post by dudnaito » Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:19 am

objctnyrhnr wrote:let's say one gets a 70% on mbe in an easier state. how well do i actually have to do on the state portion? what about 75?

70% raw? Your post is incredibly vague. The jurisdictions have vastly different rules as well, so a strategy that works in one state won't work in the other, "easier" or no. I'm taking Illinois (50-50 jurisdiction) so a 70% MBE raw essentially allows me to be in the bottom 2-5% of the essay portion, of which the state portion is only around 20% of the total test, so ya know... write "penis" over and over followed by "F U Illinois, your pizza sucks?"

objctnyrhnr

Post by objctnyrhnr » Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:42 am

dudnaito wrote:
objctnyrhnr wrote:let's say one gets a 70% on mbe in an easier state. how well do i actually have to do on the state portion? what about 75?

70% raw? Your post is incredibly vague. The jurisdictions have vastly different rules as well, so a strategy that works in one state won't work in the other, "easier" or no. I'm taking Illinois (50-50 jurisdiction) so a 70% MBE raw essentially allows me to be in the bottom 2-5% of the essay portion, of which the state portion is only around 20% of the total test, so ya know... write "penis" over and over followed by "F U Illinois, your pizza sucks?"
Okay that actually answered my question. When I said 70%, I meant literally getting 70% of the questions correct. I ask because my MBE is fairly strong right now, to the point that I am optimistic I can get 70% on test day. By contrast, I am struggling a little bit with essays, particularly with subjects that I did not take in LS. I was just wondering if I am in a bad spot or not.

dreakol

Silver

Post by dreakol » Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:15 pm

this post should be linked every time someone who dropped 3-4k (or even 2k) on a bar prep company but are still thinking they need to spend even more money for more materials

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”