NY Bar Exam Application

LiberalLaw

Re: NY Bar Exam Application

Postby LiberalLaw » Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:26 pm

Also, it might be fun to note that the October 2010 LSAT scores came out on Oct 29, 2010, and if NY releases their results this Wednesday, it will a nice bookend to the law school, credentialing process.

blue920

Postby blue920 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:31 pm

Ugh, I am dyingggg to know - I check the website every day, multiple times, for an announcement.

I have all my affidavits and pro bono form, but I haven't sent anything in yet. I called with a question about an affidavit and the woman (2nd department) said not to send in my forms until I get the letter certifying me to the department, because my package wouldn't be complete until I sent it in anyway. Anyone heard anything similar? I said to her that the application packet said we could send it in before the results are out, and she said she doesn't recommend it.

JenDarby

Postby JenDarby » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:42 pm

blue920 wrote:Ugh, I am dyingggg to know - I check the website every day, multiple times, for an announcement.

I have all my affidavits and pro bono form, but I haven't sent anything in yet. I called with a question about an affidavit and the woman (2nd department) said not to send in my forms until I get the letter certifying me to the department, because my package wouldn't be complete until I sent it in anyway. Anyone heard anything similar? I said to her that the application packet said we could send it in before the results are out, and she said she doesn't recommend it.

Well, I went to my law school to drop off the law school affidavit and the woman in the registrar's office said it was good I hadn't sent anything in yet because in her experience over the past 10 years (specifically with the 1st and 2nd department) paperwork often gets lost if submitted prior to passing the bar.

Grain of salt anecdotal evidence to calm your nerves, but hopefully it helps.

JenDarby

Postby JenDarby » Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:26 am

Email notifications!

AJS30

Postby AJS30 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:28 am

I passed. Holy Sh*t!

blue920

Postby blue920 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:34 am

PASS! I am so happy :)

PassachusettsMan

Postby PassachusettsMan » Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:39 am

I passed too. :)

Scaled MBE 142.2 isn't that like below national average?

JenDarby

Postby JenDarby » Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:39 am

PassachusettsMan wrote:I passed too. :)

You probably rocked the essays, either way you passed!

blue920

Postby blue920 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:43 am

PassachusettsMan wrote:I passed too. :)

I was only at 144.5 - which is actually higher than I was expecting after the sh*tshow that was day 2. I think the national average is like high 130s, at least it was in 2012. Either way, you passed, so be happy!

jhilly123

Postby jhilly123 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:44 am

AHHH. What. I passed. I think the national average was 141 (or was it the median?) I got a 148.5 on the MBE, not even sure how I managed that because I thought the MBE was a total shit show. They totally sprang the results on us! I thought we'd get more time to prepare. I was expecting mid week or next week.

pizzasodafries

Postby pizzasodafries » Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:53 am

jhilly123 wrote:AHHH. What. I passed. I think the national average was 141 (or was it the median?) I got a 148.5 on the MBE, not even sure how I managed that because I thought the MBE was a total shit show. They totally sprang the results on us! I thought we'd get more time to prepare. I was expecting mid week or next week.

PASSED. 152 scaled MBE score

AJS30

Postby AJS30 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:03 am

I don't think I'm going to be able to sleep tonight, I am so happy/relieved. I got a 142.9, and I'll take it.

Is there also a way to look it up on the nybar site?

Guchster

Postby Guchster » Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:03 am

Passed. HOLY FUCK SO RELIEVED.

pizzasodafries

Postby pizzasodafries » Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:09 am

Just wanna say thanks to all of you's who I chatted with while studying for the bar, this site was such a great resource to help answer any petty questions or to put my anxiety at ease.

lancel

Postby lancel » Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:20 am

Congrats everyone! Passed with a 143.7 MBE (phew! I'll take it!). Not that it matters at this point, but do people that pass not get a breakdown of the NYMC/MPT/Essays?

BHDLaw

Postby BHDLaw » Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:21 am

Passed! 148.5. Thanks to everyone who has been SO supportive and helpful (and hilarious) over the years. This site really helps folks navigate this whole application/job search/bar process. Congrats to all who passed NY. And for future year's lurkers, I found out through the online lookup about an hour before I received the email, and my email came about an hour after most of my friends.

shure57

Postby shure57 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:03 am

Does anyone know if we must provide the actual dates of incidents on our C&F app? I only remember the month that most of the incidents happened. I'm talking about speeding tickets and stuff like that that I never kept a record of.

jhilly123

Postby jhilly123 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:37 pm

shure57 wrote:Does anyone know if we must provide the actual dates of incidents on our C&F app? I only remember the month that most of the incidents happened. I'm talking about speeding tickets and stuff like that that I never kept a record of.

I mean, I would try to find out the dates if possible, but if you can't then just write down what you remember.

I mailed my application to the Third Department last week and faxed my passing letter an hour ago and just got an email saying they received my application. I'm assuming that means my application is complete? I may call just in case.

JenDarby

Postby JenDarby » Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:41 pm

jhilly123 wrote:
shure57 wrote:Does anyone know if we must provide the actual dates of incidents on our C&F app? I only remember the month that most of the incidents happened. I'm talking about speeding tickets and stuff like that that I never kept a record of.

I mean, I would try to find out the dates if possible, but if you can't then just write down what you remember.

I mailed my application to the Third Department last week and faxed my passing letter an hour ago and just got an email saying they received my application. I'm assuming that means my application is complete? I may call just in case.

Thank god for that 10 year provision because I did not want to try track down the dates of speeding tickets I received when I was 16.

blue920

Postby blue920 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:41 am

JenDarby wrote:
jhilly123 wrote:

Thank god for that 10 year provision because I did not want to try track down the dates of speeding tickets I received when I was 16.

This discussion made me look back at my application and I realized I forgot to include my only traffic ticket from 4 years ago. I didn't read the question thoroughly and thought they were only asking about felonies and misdemeanors. What should I do? I guess I should call and ask if I can re-send that page? I don't even remember exactly what violation I ended up with.

notedgarfigaro

Postby notedgarfigaro » Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:15 am

JenDarby wrote:
jhilly123 wrote:

I had to do that for some of my law school apps, but my only speeding ticket was changed to improper equipment, so it doesn't appear on my record and the law firm purged its records years ago. Apparently "it happened 9 years ago in either february or march, and it was 41 in a 25." is good enough for law schools.

Also, did anyone else run out of room for prior employment? If so, what do you do?

androstan

Postby androstan » Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:49 am

Is it bad form to report your mbe score if it's significantly higher than everyone who reported before you?

AJS30

Postby AJS30 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:06 am

blue920 wrote:
JenDarby wrote:
jhilly123 wrote:

This discussion made me look back at my application and I realized I forgot to include my only traffic ticket from 4 years ago. I didn't read the question thoroughly and thought they were only asking about felonies and misdemeanors. What should I do? I guess I should call and ask if I can re-send that page? I don't even remember exactly what violation I ended up with.

Um...I had once got a stop sign ticket a few years ago but it got reduced to a seat belt violation ( should have never got the ticket because there was no stop sign as I was coming off the 59th street bridge, but whatever). Is this something I have to report?

blue920

Postby blue920 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:22 am

AJS30 wrote:
blue920 wrote:
JenDarby wrote:Thank god for that 10 year provision because I did not want to try track down the dates of speeding tickets I received when I was 16.

Um...I had once got a stop sign ticket a few years ago but it got reduced to a seat belt violation ( should have never got the ticket because there was no stop sign as I was coming off the 59th street bridge, but whatever). Is this something I have to report?

I was going to just ignore about it and explain that I forgot if it came up. Then I did a little googling and read that applications can be massively delayed if they find something you didn't disclose. So I called and the woman at the 2nd department said to send in an addendum with my driver's abstract, which is what I will do. The ticket's not even on there, but she said it'll show that I've stayed out of trouble since. Ugh, one little ticket led to all this? At least I already have my driver's abstracts, though they are a few months old (thanks NJ bar application).

bport hopeful

Postby bport hopeful » Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:45 pm

Can any past takers remember if/when they released your scores (not results). I know it doesnt matter, but Im curious.

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”