NY Bar Exam Application

peanut123

Re: NY Bar Exam Application

Postby peanut123 » Fri May 30, 2014 11:23 am

bom325 wrote:I received this confirmation email today:
Subject: NYS Bar Exam Proofs Received and Approved
All required documentation has been reviewed and approved. You are now eligible to sit for the July 2014 bar examination. Approximately two weeks before the examination, you will be sent an email with a link where you will be able to view and print your seat ticket. A copy of your seat ticket is necessary to gain entrance into the examination room.

When did you submit your materials? Or when did you give them to your school?

blue920

Postby blue920 » Fri May 30, 2014 12:52 pm

I haven't gotten this yet, but I'm not expecting to so quickly since my final grades aren't due until June 12th and then my school will send out the handwriting sample and law school certification.

northwood

Postby northwood » Fri May 30, 2014 1:20 pm

Just got mine this morning. Guess that means I better make sure I'm minimally competent plus one to practice law.

bom325

Postby bom325 » Sat May 31, 2014 1:11 pm

peanut123 wrote:
bom325 wrote:I received this confirmation email today:
Subject: NYS Bar Exam Proofs Received and Approved
All required documentation has been reviewed and approved. You are now eligible to sit for the July 2014 bar examination. Approximately two weeks before the examination, you will be sent an email with a link where you will be able to view and print your seat ticket. A copy of your seat ticket is necessary to gain entrance into the examination room.

When did you submit your materials? Or when did you give them to your school?

I gave my materials to my school early last week (the week of 5/19) and the school probably sent out the materials shortly thereafter..

bport hopeful

Postby bport hopeful » Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:10 pm

blue920 wrote:I haven't gotten this yet, but I'm not expecting to so quickly since my final grades aren't due until June 12th and then my school will send out the handwriting sample and law school certification.

Does this concern you? They need to be there June 15th right? I'm stressed and my grades finalized today.

northwood

Postby northwood » Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:17 pm

bport hopeful wrote:
blue920 wrote:I haven't gotten this yet, but I'm not expecting to so quickly since my final grades aren't due until June 12th and then my school will send out the handwriting sample and law school certification.

Does this concern you? They need to be there June 15th right? I'm stressed and my grades finalized today.

they should be sending them soon. Contact your school to verify.

crit_racer

Postby crit_racer » Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:25 pm

did they assign testing sites for everyone already? I didn't get an emaail or anything.

bport hopeful

Postby bport hopeful » Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:39 am

northwood wrote:
bport hopeful wrote:

I know my school is sending them this week. I am just stressed that something will go wrong in the mail or something. If they werent sending them until the 12th that would freak me out.

Do they mail them or something else? Not mailing them would make me feel better.

northwood

Postby northwood » Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:04 pm

bport hopeful wrote:
northwood wrote:
bport hopeful wrote:

I know my school is sending them this week. I am just stressed that something will go wrong in the mail or something. If they werent sending them until the 12th that would freak me out.

Do they mail them or something else? Not mailing them would make me feel better.

my school sent them overnight mail, return request requested, with tracking information done ( and would print out a copy of the tracking information every 6 hours) and also requested to be notified when the documents were signed, sealed and delivered.

They did one complete batch and if you submitted them after their due date- which was 10 days after graduation, you would be required to either sign a waiver or pay for those items yourself.

shock259

Postby shock259 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:16 am

Just got my assignment email. No surprise that I got the Javits Center in NYC. I'm going to try to switch to Albany I think. Looks like hotels won't be a problem. Anyone have an opinion on whether I should try to switch into Albany, Saratoga, or Buffalo?

Codicil

Postby Codicil » Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:19 am

I haven't received my email yet. Do you know the link to change the test center location?

lawyerwannabe

Postby lawyerwannabe » Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:22 am

Just confirmed my seat location.

And I don't think we can provide you with a link. The link provided in the email is personal to the recipient. I am sure you will get one soon enough.

IFoughtTheLaw

Postby IFoughtTheLaw » Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:26 am

Codicil

Postby Codicil » Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:29 am

IFoughtTheLaw wrote:From an old thread:

https://www.nybarapply.org/ExamLocation ... NUMBERHERE

Thanks! And phooey! If I include the B, I get redirected to the BOLE home page. If I remove the B, I see a message at the bottom of the page that says, "The BOLE ID submitted is invalid." Anyone else have this problem?

JenDarby

Postby JenDarby » Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:37 am

shock259 wrote:Just got my assignment email. No surprise that I got the Javits Center in NYC. I'm going to try to switch to Albany I think. Looks like hotels won't be a problem. Anyone have an opinion on whether I should try to switch into Albany, Saratoga, or Buffalo?

It seemed like you had the option to pick whichever you want since they were all still available. I stuck with Javits because I would rather not attempt to travel out of NYC, but I can definitely see the benefit in leaving NYC.

IFoughtTheLaw

Postby IFoughtTheLaw » Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:58 am

Codicil wrote:
IFoughtTheLaw wrote:From an old thread:

https://www.nybarapply.org/ExamLocation ... NUMBERHERE

Thanks! And phooey! If I include the B, I get redirected to the BOLE home page. If I remove the B, I see a message at the bottom of the page that says, "The BOLE ID submitted is invalid." Anyone else have this problem?

The B should be included, I guess you should wait for your email.

Codicil

Postby Codicil » Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:00 pm

IFoughtTheLaw wrote:The B should be included, I guess you should wait for your email.

Yeah. It seems the link isn't live yet for out-of-state applicants.

salvage

Postby salvage » Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:31 pm

I haven't even gotten the email yet that was supposed to let us select a preference between Albany or Buffalo.

prs362

Postby prs362 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:02 pm

salvage wrote:I haven't even gotten the email yet that was supposed to let us select a preference between Albany or Buffalo.

I have not either, and I'm not sure they have been sent out. The other out of state people I know have received nothing regarding seat locations.

prs362

Postby prs362 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:05 pm

Just got the out of state email. I selected Javits.

blue920

Postby blue920 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:06 pm

Just got my email link to select my location, and they were all listed even though I'm out-of-state. While NYC would be most convenient for me, I picked Albany because I'm not dealing with the hellhole I've heard the Javits Center will be.

pertristis

Postby pertristis » Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:13 pm

The same; they let me choose NYC, even though I'm out-of-state.

JenDarby

Postby JenDarby » Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:31 pm

I was REALLY tempted to pick Albany. I know people bitch about Jarvis, but in the end I figured itw two days and everyone there will be under the same conditions. I just want to get it over with, close to home.

Keeper1125

Postby Keeper1125 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:32 pm

is the site down for anyone else?

bendurnotes4me

Postby bendurnotes4me » Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:33 pm

Did anyone use last year's link to choose a location before they received the email - and then later get the email? I chose one location before I received the email, but then when I clicked on the email they sent my location was no longer available. Should I be worried?

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”