NY Bar Exam Application

User avatar
BaiAilian2013
Posts: 919
Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 4:05 pm

Re: NY Bar Exam Application

Postby BaiAilian2013 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:23 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
5ky wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:It looks like the link has been e-mailed out. By a stroke of luck, I happened to click the link a few minutes before the e-mail was sent out. NYC was still available, but I chose Buffalo since I don't want to deal with NYC.


Yeah, just got it. Don't think NY was a choice for me as out of state, but everything else was available when I went to choose (Albany/Buffalo/Saratoga)


Yeah, NYC out of state was available for a few minutes but got quickly full.

It's weird that it was available at all - somebody came to our school and told us you couldn't get NYC from out of state period. Maybe he meant you couldn't switch into it if it wasn't your first assignment?

User avatar
5ky
Posts: 6360
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:10 pm

Re: NY Bar Exam Application

Postby 5ky » Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:27 pm

Wait, maybe NYC was listed as an option for me. I don't remember, I wasn't ever going to pick it.

Could finally book my flights at least, which was nice

User avatar
snowpeach06
Posts: 2426
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:32 am

Re: NY Bar Exam Application

Postby snowpeach06 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:30 pm

Woot Woot, got Buffalo. Was starting to think Saratoga Springs wouldn't be bad though sine it's the smallest and there are very fancy spas nearby, which I think I will have earned after the bar.

User avatar
5ky
Posts: 6360
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:10 pm

Re: NY Bar Exam Application

Postby 5ky » Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:34 pm

snowpeach06 wrote:Woot Woot, got Buffalo. Was starting to think Saratoga Springs wouldn't be bad though sine it's the smallest and there are very fancy spas nearby, which I think I will have earned after the bar.


Strongly considered booking first class for the flight after the bar

Anonymous User
Posts: 273139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NY Bar Exam Application

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:45 pm

BaiAilian2013 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
5ky wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:It looks like the link has been e-mailed out. By a stroke of luck, I happened to click the link a few minutes before the e-mail was sent out. NYC was still available, but I chose Buffalo since I don't want to deal with NYC.


Yeah, just got it. Don't think NY was a choice for me as out of state, but everything else was available when I went to choose (Albany/Buffalo/Saratoga)


Yeah, NYC out of state was available for a few minutes but got quickly full.

It's weird that it was available at all - somebody came to our school and told us you couldn't get NYC from out of state period. Maybe he meant you couldn't switch into it if it wasn't your first assignment?


It is possible, just improbable. Last year, someone OOS said he got the link at 11:18 AM and NYC seats were gone by 11:20 AM.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NY Bar Exam Application

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:52 pm

I logged in the second I got the email and NYC wasn't even available as a choice for me (an out-of-stater). The woman who works for the Board in NY told us that NYC wouldn't even be an option for out-of-state students, and one of the BarBri folks told me the same thing. Oh well. I normally wouldn't at all mind doing a ride to Albany, and back. But the problem is that I need to get back to NJ for their bar the next day, so any delay will be a problem. Plus, I don;t know where in NJ I will be assigned yet.

kaiser
Posts: 2940
Joined: Mon May 09, 2011 11:34 pm

Re: NY Bar Exam Application

Postby kaiser » Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:04 pm

Big Shrimpin wrote:Question re: Albany hotels...is there only one hotel in which the exam takes place, or multiple? Names? I'm looking into booking a room as soon as I confirm I'm taking in Albany.

TYIA


I was told that the Albany locations are the Times Union Center (an arena), and the Empire State Plaza (which is a gov. building). Both testing locations are downtown, and a bunch of hotels are within 1 mile (i.e. walking distance).

User avatar
snowpeach06
Posts: 2426
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:32 am

Re: NY Bar Exam Application

Postby snowpeach06 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:07 pm

5ky wrote:
snowpeach06 wrote:Woot Woot, got Buffalo. Was starting to think Saratoga Springs wouldn't be bad though sine it's the smallest and there are very fancy spas nearby, which I think I will have earned after the bar.


Strongly considered booking first class for the flight after the bar

Or before. It might be good to go in relaxed. But yeah, upon further consideration, I think I'm going to look up a spa in Buffalo, either for the night of the first day or the night of the second. Right now my shoulders feel a good three inches higher than normal.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NY Bar Exam Application

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:41 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
BaiAilian2013 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
5ky wrote:
Yeah, just got it. Don't think NY was a choice for me as out of state, but everything else was available when I went to choose (Albany/Buffalo/Saratoga)


Yeah, NYC out of state was available for a few minutes but got quickly full.

It's weird that it was available at all - somebody came to our school and told us you couldn't get NYC from out of state period. Maybe he meant you couldn't switch into it if it wasn't your first assignment?


It is possible, just improbable. Last year, someone OOS said he got the link at 11:18 AM and NYC seats were gone by 11:20 AM.


I'm out of state (NJ), though went to law school in NYC, and got NYC. It was actually really weird. A friend of mine posted on Facebook that emails had gone out. I hadn't gotten the email yet. A few friends reported not being able to get NYC. Then, when I got the email a minute or two later, I clicked through immediately and NYC was available, so I took it. No one else from out-of-state I know got NYC, or even had the choice.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NY Bar Exam Application

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:54 am

Anonymous User wrote:
BaiAilian2013 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
5ky wrote:
Yeah, just got it. Don't think NY was a choice for me as out of state, but everything else was available when I went to choose (Albany/Buffalo/Saratoga)


Yeah, NYC out of state was available for a few minutes but got quickly full.
It's weird that it was available at all - somebody came to our school and told us you couldn't get NYC from out of state period. Maybe he meant you couldn't switch into it if it wasn't your first assignment?


It is possible, just improbable. Last year, someone OOS said he got the link at 11:18 AM and NYC seats were gone by 11:20 AM.


I'm out of state (NJ), though went to law school in NYC, and got NYC. It was actually really weird. A friend of mine posted on Facebook that emails had gone out. I hadn't gotten the email yet. A few friends reported not being able to get NYC. Then, when I got the email a minute or two later, I clicked through immediately and NYC was available, so I took it. No one else from out-of-state I know got NYC, or even had the choice.


Out of state. Got the email just before 12:30. Had the choice and didn't take it.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NY Bar Exam Application

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:07 am

Someone asked earlier, is there any way to confirm your location?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NY Bar Exam Application

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:37 am

Anonymous User wrote:Someone asked earlier, is there any way to confirm your location?


Over 1000 miles from NYC.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NY Bar Exam Application

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:32 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Someone asked earlier, is there any way to confirm your location?


Over 1000 miles from NYC.


Maybe I'm getting whooshed, but I meant any way to confirm which location I picked. They don't send an email or anything.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NY Bar Exam Application

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:07 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Someone asked earlier, is there any way to confirm your location?


Over 1000 miles from NYC.


Maybe I'm getting whooshed, but I meant any way to confirm which location I picked. They don't send an email or anything.


Go to the link again. Enter your email. Voilà.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NY Bar Exam Application

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:29 pm

Is there any way to check whether the Board of Law Examiners has received the handwriting sample and Certificate of Attendance? Has anyone gotten a confirmation from them or are they not doing that this year?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NY Bar Exam Application

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:43 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Is there any way to check whether the Board of Law Examiners has received the handwriting sample and Certificate of Attendance? Has anyone gotten a confirmation from them or are they not doing that this year?


I got an email today stating that I was fully confirmed to take the NY Bar in July and that I'd get my seat ticket two weeks before

Anonymous User
Posts: 273139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NY Bar Exam Application

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:57 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Is there any way to check whether the Board of Law Examiners has received the handwriting sample and Certificate of Attendance? Has anyone gotten a confirmation from them or are they not doing that this year?


I got an email today stating that I was fully confirmed to take the NY Bar in July and that I'd get my seat ticket two weeks before



I was also curious about the knowing if my handwriting sample got there. I got the email re: certificate attendance/being confirmed, but didn't know if there was supposed to be another separate one re handwriting sample.

why are we anon-ing this. should we be? I did just because you guys did. lol.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NY Bar Exam Application

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:01 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I was also curious about the knowing if my handwriting sample got there. I got the email re: certificate attendance/being confirmed, but didn't know if there was supposed to be another separate one re handwriting sample.


This is what mine said:

All required documentation has been reviewed and approved. You are now eligible to sit for the July 2013 bar examination. Approximately two weeks before the examination, you will be sent an email with a link where you will be able to view and print your seat ticket. A copy of your seat ticket is necessary to gain entrance into the examination room.

User avatar
NinerFan
Posts: 482
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:51 pm

Re: NY Bar Exam Application

Postby NinerFan » Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:00 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Is there any way to check whether the Board of Law Examiners has received the handwriting sample and Certificate of Attendance? Has anyone gotten a confirmation from them or are they not doing that this year?


I got an email today stating that I was fully confirmed to take the NY Bar in July and that I'd get my seat ticket two weeks before



I was also curious about the knowing if my handwriting sample got there. I got the email re: certificate attendance/being confirmed, but didn't know if there was supposed to be another separate one re handwriting sample.

why are we anon-ing this. should we be? I did just because you guys did. lol.


You can call and confirm receipt of handwriting by providing your BOLE number. Call their main number on the BOLE website, but don't choose any of the options, let it go to an operator. Politely ask if they can confirm receipt of your handwriting sample and they should be able to do so.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NY Bar Exam Application

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:42 pm

NinerFan wrote:
You can call and confirm receipt of handwriting by providing your BOLE number. Call their main number on the BOLE website, but don't choose any of the options, let it go to an operator. Politely ask if they can confirm receipt of your handwriting sample and they should be able to do so.


thanks

Anonymous User
Posts: 273139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NY Bar Exam Application

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:38 pm

I had my school send up the handwriting sample and law school certificate on Tuesday, and it was received on Wednesday (I have the UPS shipping confirmation of receipt). Yet I haven't gotten any email confirming the receipt of either.

dixiecupdrinking
Posts: 3139
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:39 pm

Re: NY Bar Exam Application

Postby dixiecupdrinking » Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:50 pm

Website says not to call to confirm receipt of your documents and they will email you either to confirm they have them or to say they need more. I assume they just have a backlog right now and are handling it with a typical lack of urgency.

User avatar
snowpeach06
Posts: 2426
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:32 am

Re: NY Bar Exam Application

Postby snowpeach06 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:19 pm

dixiecupdrinking wrote:Website says not to call to confirm receipt of your documents and they will email you either to confirm they have them or to say they need more. I assume they just have a backlog right now and are handling it with a typical lack of urgency.

I actually got my confirmation Thursday. So they really are doing it.

dixiecupdrinking
Posts: 3139
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:39 pm

Re: NY Bar Exam Application

Postby dixiecupdrinking » Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:30 pm

snowpeach06 wrote:
dixiecupdrinking wrote:Website says not to call to confirm receipt of your documents and they will email you either to confirm they have them or to say they need more. I assume they just have a backlog right now and are handling it with a typical lack of urgency.

I actually got my confirmation Thursday. So they really are doing it.

Yeah, some have definitely gone out. Just saying, for those who have submitted everything but haven't heard yet, I wouldn't sweat it.

User avatar
snowpeach06
Posts: 2426
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:32 am

Re: NY Bar Exam Application

Postby snowpeach06 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:20 am

Can't wear flip flops on bar exam day. Wap Wap.




Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest