NY Bar Exam Application

Slytherpuff

Re: NY Bar Exam Application

Postby Slytherpuff » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:27 pm

runthetrap1990 wrote:
Sprout wrote:
Slytherpuff wrote:Just starting to compile affidavits now and WOW, this is so annoying.

I am scared to begin.

Do you know if we are allowed to simply email the affidavits to the recipients? Or is it better practice to fill it out and mail it to them?

I'm giving my people the option of printing out the emailed form, or having me mail the form with a pre-paid return address envelope. You can electronically fill in the little header at the top with your name, judicial department, and BOLD ID.

Slytherpuff

Postby Slytherpuff » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:29 pm

I'm trying to get my affidavits together now so that if I pass, I'll be able to submit my paperwork immediately. It takes so long for NY to review everyone's paperwork that I just want to get everything in ASAP. I'm 1st Department so I can't submit any of the stuff before we get our results though.

lolabear727

Postby lolabear727 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:55 pm

Has anyone had experience with transferring their UBE score from another jurisdiction to New York? About how long was the process? I'm thinking about taking the test in another jurisdiction and then transferring to New York because they just take so long to grade their exams. Thoughts?

nybar2017

Postby nybar2017 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:37 pm

Slytherpuff wrote:I'm trying to get my affidavits together now so that if I pass, I'll be able to submit my paperwork immediately. It takes so long for NY to review everyone's paperwork that I just want to get everything in ASAP. I'm 1st Department so I can't submit any of the stuff before we get our results though.

I started sending out my affidavits as they get returned to me, but what about the school certificate? Your school sends that directly in, so how do you time that? Wait till you get the results before asking? Won't that be the delay?

Thanks!

zephyr12

Postby zephyr12 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:55 am

lolabear727 wrote:Has anyone had experience with transferring their UBE score from another jurisdiction to New York? About how long was the process? I'm thinking about taking the test in another jurisdiction and then transferring to New York because they just take so long to grade their exams. Thoughts?

Just did this for the July 2017 exam WA --> NY. Got my results for WA on 9/8 (passing score in both states) and applied for UBE & MPRE score transfer via the BOLE website and NCBE the same day. On 9/22 I got my certification letter emailed to me from BOLE that they had received my UBE score, law school graduation cert form, and MPRE score so I was clear to submit the C&F application. So, it's a pretty quick turn around and I'm grateful I have my score since NY takers might have to wait a month or more still.

lolabear727

Postby lolabear727 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:03 am

zephyr12 wrote:
lolabear727 wrote:Has anyone had experience with transferring their UBE score from another jurisdiction to New York? About how long was the process? I'm thinking about taking the test in another jurisdiction and then transferring to New York because they just take so long to grade their exams. Thoughts?

Just did this for the July 2017 exam WA --> NY. Got my results for WA on 9/8 (passing score in both states) and applied for UBE & MPRE score transfer via the BOLE website and NCBE the same day. On 9/22 I got my certification letter emailed to me from BOLE that they had received my UBE score, law school graduation cert form, and MPRE score so I was clear to submit the C&F application. So, it's a pretty quick turn around and I'm grateful I have my score since NY takers might have to wait a month or more still.

That's awesome. So were you barred in New York shortly after 9/22? When will you sworn in?

zephyr12

Postby zephyr12 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:19 am

lolabear727 wrote:
zephyr12 wrote:

That's awesome. So were you barred in New York shortly after 9/22? When will you sworn in?

Ugh I wish no I'm still waiting for the last of my former employer affidavits to trickle in. Once they do, then I can send off the multi-department admission packet (http://www.nybarexam.org/admission/admi ... Packet.htm) to the Third Department. Next step is then wait for the 3rd Dept to schedule the interview/swearing-in but I'm anticipating that that's going to happen when everyone else in NY is going through this process which will be January unfortunately.

lolabear727

Postby lolabear727 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:02 pm

zephyr12 wrote:
lolabear727 wrote:
zephyr12 wrote:

Ugh I wish no I'm still waiting for the last of my former employer affidavits to trickle in. Once they do, then I can send off the multi-department admission packet (http://www.nybarexam.org/admission/admi ... Packet.htm) to the Third Department. Next step is then wait for the 3rd Dept to schedule the interview/swearing-in but I'm anticipating that that's going to happen when everyone else in NY is going through this process which will be January unfortunately.

Dang.. NY, why do you have to be so slow and annoying? I was thinking about retaking the UBE in Iowa this go round instead of NY again (I took February 2017 UBE in NY). Their passage rates seem to be MUCH higher. I would get my results 2 weeks earlier than NY and NY already has all of my stuff ready to go. I'm hoping that I could then be sworn in earlier than their usual end of June batch of people from the february examination.

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”