NY Bar Exam Application Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
adevine39

New

Re: NY Bar Exam Application

Post by adevine39 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:15 pm

JenDarby wrote:
orangecup wrote:
Hutz_and_Goodman wrote:
orangecup wrote:Did anyone do the $20/day lunch offered at Javits? It's a steep price, but I'm considering it given that it might be a clusterfuck getting lunch Day 1.
Can we bring our own food to Javits? I don't understand the rules on food bc they say you can't bring in anything that makes noise, but then they give us chips for lunch. I would rather bring in my own sandwich then pay for one, but obviously i don't want to risk having nothing to eat.
Honestly not sure. It says: "Quiet Snack (unwrapped in clear plastic food storage bag)" whatever that means. Presumably a sandwich is quiet?
Yea I mean I guess you could throw a sandwich unwrapped in with your pencils.

I brought sour patch kids and Swedish fish in my bag.
I must have eaten 25 lbs of sour patch kids while studying. Something about the gummies. I didn't even think about whether I could bring them into the exam. Thanks!

BRAatDC

New

Post by BRAatDC » Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:52 am

I'll provide a ride from Saratoga to NYC suburbs for gas money, superficial conversation, and you not being an ax murderer.
Already have a train ticket that will get me from Albany to Penn in time to be in Midtown by 10PMish. If you're interested in just popping by the Albany station on your way down 87/787, let me know. It's only 45 mins or so into the ride, and I'll be a model RPP for the entire 45 minutes, plus throw in $30 for gas. I tried messaging you directly but it wouldn't leave my outbox.

northwood

Platinum

Post by northwood » Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:50 pm

orangecup wrote:
Hutz_and_Goodman wrote:
orangecup wrote:Did anyone do the $20/day lunch offered at Javits? It's a steep price, but I'm considering it given that it might be a clusterfuck getting lunch Day 1.
Can we bring our own food to Javits? I don't understand the rules on food bc they say you can't bring in anything that makes noise, but then they give us chips for lunch. I would rather bring in my own sandwich then pay for one, but obviously i don't want to risk having nothing to eat.
Honestly not sure. It says: "Quiet Snack (unwrapped in clear plastic food storage bag)" whatever that means. Presumably a sandwich is quiet?

don't be that examinee who has to unwrap their snack, or whose snacking is loud.. i.e. if you want starburst candies, unwrap them before you walk into the test center... or bring potato chips with you.

orangecup

Bronze

Post by orangecup » Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:03 pm

northwood wrote: don't be that examinee who has to unwrap their snack, or whose snacking is loud.. i.e. if you want starburst candies, unwrap them before you walk into the test center... or bring potato chips with you.
I wasn't even planning on eating in the exam room. I thought I'd just store my sandwich and sides in smaller ziplock bags for lunch!

sd5289

Gold

Post by sd5289 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:03 pm

northwood wrote:don't be that examinee who has to unwrap their snack, or whose snacking is loud.. i.e. if you want starburst candies, unwrap them before you walk into the test center... or bring potato chips with you.
I'll be relying on Clif bars during the exam if I need them. Think I'm just unwrapping them at home and putting them in a sandwich bag type thing.

Also, the fact that this is a serious conversation illustrates how ridiculous the bar exam is.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

bport hopeful

Gold

Post by bport hopeful » Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:54 am

I was glad to have a snack by the end of the day. Didn't need it in the morning, but I felt drained in the last hour or two each day, and my snack was, if nothing else, distracting of how miserable I was.

SemperLegal

Silver

Post by SemperLegal » Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:08 pm

BRAatDC wrote:
I'll provide a ride from Saratoga to NYC suburbs for gas money, superficial conversation, and you not being an ax murderer.
Already have a train ticket that will get me from Albany to Penn in time to be in Midtown by 10PMish. If you're interested in just popping by the Albany station on your way down 87/787, let me know. It's only 45 mins or so into the ride, and I'll be a model RPP for the entire 45 minutes, plus throw in $30 for gas. I tried messaging you directly but it wouldn't leave my outbox.
I got you (and anyone else looking for a ride) . Btw, pms stay in your outbox until they are read.

Uk_Law15

New

Post by Uk_Law15 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:56 am

Does anyone know timing, etc for the afternoon session? What time should we be queuing and/or in the exam room? Surely there won't be another 1 1/2 hour of queuing in the afternoon too, else we'll all be having lunch in line.

I'm planning on going back to my hotel for lunch.

Thanks

starryski

Bronze

Post by starryski » Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:10 am

i feel for you guys at javitz. im going to be at pace, as far as i know we're getting free sandwiches and we're in classrooms :)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

michael2015

New

Post by michael2015 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:58 am

Does anyone know the process if you finish day 2 MBE early?

Can you leave early or if not can you submit whenever you finish? And if we do submit early can we just dip out right away or what's the exit procedure?

JenDarby

Diamond

Post by JenDarby » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:01 am

michael2015 wrote:Does anyone know the process if you finish day 2 MBE early?

Can you leave early or if not can you submit whenever you finish? And if we do submit early can we just dip out right away or what's the exit procedure?
You can leave any session as soon as you finish so long as you finish before 15 minutes is called. You just raise your hand or make eye contact with a proctor and they will walk over and collect your stuff, you sign out, and then head out.

orangecup

Bronze

Post by orangecup » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:52 am

Is there going to be wifi at Javits so upload Softest answers? Or is that something we have to figure out when we get home?

bport hopeful

Gold

Post by bport hopeful » Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:14 pm

orangecup wrote:Is there going to be wifi at Javits so upload Softest answers? Or is that something we have to figure out when we get home?
I can't answer any questions about Javits specifically, but you generally upload your answers later.

Expect it to not work.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

orangecup

Bronze

Post by orangecup » Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:16 pm

bport hopeful wrote:
orangecup wrote:Is there going to be wifi at Javits so upload Softest answers? Or is that something we have to figure out when we get home?
I can't answer any questions about Javits specifically, but you generally upload your answers later.

Expect it to not work.
Joy, haha. What time frame do you have to upload it?

bport hopeful

Gold

Post by bport hopeful » Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:18 pm

orangecup wrote:
bport hopeful wrote:

Expect it to not work.
Joy, haha. What time frame do you have to upload it?
I dont really remember. It was something like a day or so, not an hour or anything.

I got mine in because I woke up at like 3am to use the bathroom and was like, "I might as well try now". It worked because everyone was asleep, or Id probably never have gotten it in.

freestallion

Silver

Post by freestallion » Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:32 pm

Uk_Law15 wrote:Gosh, and you can't even revise while waiting since you can't take your notes with you. Oh it's going to be fun!
Can't we leave items in a separate room? I was planning to bring my phone and stuff (and backpack for laptop) but leave it in the other room. I am going to buffalo so it makes me nervous not to have a phone because I don't want to get lost or something while going there or back to my hotel since I don't know the area at all.

Does anyone know if there are outlets in Buffalo sufficient for everyone? And how long is the line to leave your stuff in the other room?

JenDarby

Diamond

Post by JenDarby » Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:21 pm

bport hopeful wrote:

Expect it to not work.
no wifi at javits, you have a couple days to upload so don't be that person who RUNS HOME and then is pissed that they can't upload immediately at the same time everyone else is trying.

I'm so fucking excited it didn't work, can't wait for my estimated $70 class action settlement that will become 2.38 when too many people claim.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

sd5289

Gold

Post by sd5289 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:42 pm

JenDarby wrote:
bport hopeful wrote:

Expect it to not work.
no wifi at javits, you have a couple days to upload so don't be that person who RUNS HOME and then is pissed that they can't upload immediately at the same time everyone else is trying.

I'm so fucking excited it didn't work, can't wait for my estimated $70 class action settlement that will become 2.38 when too many people claim.
At least if that happens again, we all had some forewarning. I feel for you all last year. I remember some of my friends flipping out and no amount of "they CAN'T penalize you when their own damn system is malfunctioning" was able to calm them down.

JenDarby

Diamond

Post by JenDarby » Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:44 pm

for those of us who don't get irrationally stressed out that they will invalidate everyones bar exam submission due to a systematic failure it was actually kind of hilarious. I remember eating pizza and marathoning Orange is the New Black while getting FRANTIC TEXTS asking if I was able to upload.

I tried once for kicks, and thank fuck I did since otherwise I wouldn't be getting that sweet sweet settlement check (likely coupon amount).

bport hopeful

Gold

Post by bport hopeful » Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:05 pm

JenDarby wrote:for those of us who don't get irrationally stressed out that they will invalidate everyones bar exam submission due to a systematic failure it was actually kind of hilarious. I remember eating pizza and marathoning Orange is the New Black while getting FRANTIC TEXTS asking if I was able to upload.

I tried once for kicks, and thank fuck I did since otherwise I wouldn't be getting that sweet sweet settlement check (likely coupon amount).
TLS will be a terrible and amusing place.

sd5289

Gold

Post by sd5289 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:10 pm

bport hopeful wrote:
JenDarby wrote:for those of us who don't get irrationally stressed out that they will invalidate everyones bar exam submission due to a systematic failure it was actually kind of hilarious. I remember eating pizza and marathoning Orange is the New Black while getting FRANTIC TEXTS asking if I was able to upload.

TLS will be a terrible and amusing place.
This is really one of its better qualities. I've thoroughly enjoyed the 2015 SA thread with the freakouts over minor things turning into no offers.

Oh children, if only you knew what a real summer of hell was like... :lol:

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

SemperLegal

Silver

Post by SemperLegal » Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:09 pm

Those BOLE really are going above and beyond the call of duty. So generous of them to extend the deadline for me paying them 20 for a sandwich.

dat209

New

Post by dat209 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:19 pm

So I've been reading some of the comments about some of the rules and restrictions for the exam days and had two questions:

1. I think I already know the answer to this (no), but am I allowed to bring my car key into the exam room with me?

2. My laptop is issued by my job and has a barcode with a 5-digit identifying code just below the keyboard. Will this cause me any issues?

Thanks

Andrews989

New

Post by Andrews989 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:02 pm

dat209 wrote:So I've been reading some of the comments about some of the rules and restrictions for the exam days and had two questions:

1. I think I already know the answer to this (no), but am I allowed to bring my car key into the exam room with me?

2. My laptop is issued by my job and has a barcode with a 5-digit identifying code just below the keyboard. Will this cause me any issues?

Thanks
I called BOLE and they said you can bring "keys, credit card, and money" in your pocket

Danger Zone

Platinum

Post by Danger Zone » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:08 pm

Andrews989 wrote:
dat209 wrote:So I've been reading some of the comments about some of the rules and restrictions for the exam days and had two questions:

Thanks
I called BOLE and they said you can bring "keys, credit card, and money" in your pocket
Hopefully they don't bitch about a metrocard
Last edited by Danger Zone on Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”