How to send message/contact other users on TLS? Forum

To help keep the main forum index page from getting too big, some forums have been placed in this "other forums" section.
noob2018

New

How to send message/contact other users on TLS?

Post by noob2018 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:36 am

Big noob here,

how do I message/contact other users on TLS? Someone on another forum told me to PM them, I clicked on their profile, saw the 'CONTACT X USER" but nothing is there...there is no way for me to contact them. help!

RedPurpleBlue

Silver

Re: How to send message/contact other users on TLS?

Post by RedPurpleBlue » Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:48 pm

The PM feature is disabled, as mods do not users PMing other users the URL of a competing website that a bunch of TLSers founded after TLS was bought out by Harrison Barnes, a man who wants to integrate/market his legal recruiting services with/on this website (hence the Legal Job Board that now exists). This is also why posts need to be approved before they appear now. Mods don't want users posting in threads with the URL of their new competitor.

noob2018

New

Post by noob2018 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:41 pm

RedPurpleBlue wrote:The PM feature is disabled, as mods do not users PMing other users the URL of a competing website that a bunch of TLSers founded after TLS was bought out by Harrison Barnes, a man who wants to integrate/market his legal recruiting services with/on this website (hence the Legal Job Board that now exists). This is also why posts need to be approved before they appear now. Mods don't want users posting in threads with the URL of their new competitor.
Ummm, ok first of, wow. Second, does this mean the TLS site is tainted? I mean is there anything else I need to know? Or do all the forums aside from the Legal Job Board, function as it used to function?

With regards to PMing people, how am I supposed to get into contact with them?

Many thanks!

RedPurpleBlue

Silver

Post by RedPurpleBlue » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:26 am

noob2018 wrote:
RedPurpleBlue wrote:The PM feature is disabled, as mods do not want users PMing other users the URL of a competing website that a bunch of TLSers founded after TLS was bought out by Harrison Barnes, a man who wants to integrate/market his legal recruiting services with/on this website (hence the Legal Job Board that now exists). This is also why posts need to be approved before they appear now. Mods don't want users posting in threads with the URL of their new competitor.
Ummm, ok first of, wow. Second, does this mean the TLS site is tainted? I mean is there anything else I need to know? Or do all the forums aside from the Legal Job Board, function as it used to function?

With regards to PMing people, how am I supposed to get into contact with them?

Many thanks!
Quite frankly, there hasn't been much "tainting" beyond the removal of the PM feature and post approval. That being said, the site has been pretty much crippled by 90% of the competent and veteran posters leaving to the other site. The 10% who stayed seem to offer some serious discussion occasionally but mostly just mock the new admin pretty hard. The other functionality has remained, but it's the people that made this place great, not the shitty php forum setup.

You can't PM people, so if you want to get in contact with them you have to quote them on the board and publicly offer them your email address or a placeholder one you've created quickly on google. You could also give out your number, if you're a bold human being not afraid of internet trolls. Pretty shitty options.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Other forums not on the main forum index page”