1L at Louisville taking questions

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
hatteras1
Posts: 68
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:57 pm

Re: 1L at Louisville taking questions

Postby hatteras1 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:51 am

I was admitted last week and am excited to attend the ASD. Anyone else attending?

And, Asylum, I know you didn't ask me but I figured another answer wouldn't hurt, I submitted my application in early January (5th or 6th maybe) got a complete/received e-mail on the 11th and was accepted via snail mail on 2/16. Hope that helps!

crallen
Posts: 28
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:20 am

Re: 1L at Louisville taking questions

Postby crallen » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:58 pm

deadpanic wrote:Talked with admissions yesterday and they confirmed that if you are out of state you will have to pay that for all 3 years. Pretty bad news for us out of staters.


Hey Deadpan, this seems like a pretty dumb question and I assume I know the answer, but it is worth asking. I am from Kentucky and have lived there all my life until my undergrad. I am currently still in undergrad in South Carolina but all of my "official residence" is still at my parents in Kentucky. I am still "in state" even though I haven't technically lived in state these past few years, correct?

AsylumPB
Posts: 113
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:30 pm

Re: 1L at Louisville taking questions

Postby AsylumPB » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:16 pm

as long as your permanent address is still in ky, then you should be considered in-state.

Volnatic
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:46 pm

Re: 1L at Louisville taking questions

Postby Volnatic » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:01 pm

I submitted about the same time he did, the 4th or 5th.

User avatar
bizjunkie4
Posts: 85
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:07 pm

Re: 1L at Louisville taking questions

Postby bizjunkie4 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:23 am

AsylumPB wrote:as long as your permanent address is still in ky, then you should be considered in-state.


Remember this thread in Civil Procedure next year. Great discussion of what constitutes domicile for personal jurisdiction! Factors that may come into play: where you vote, where you hold a driver's license, where and if you paid income taxes, etc. In general, I think permanent residence can stay in home state, but it may depend on the facts.

crallen
Posts: 28
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:20 am

Re: 1L at Louisville taking questions

Postby crallen » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:48 pm

Lucky for me, Kentucky is the answer to each of those questions!

AsylumPB
Posts: 113
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:30 pm

Re: 1L at Louisville taking questions

Postby AsylumPB » Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:35 pm

OP, do you know if UofL negotiates scholly money?

doubled99
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:15 pm

Re: 1L at Louisville taking questions

Postby doubled99 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:14 pm

In at Louisville today, but no scholly info in the acceptance package. Kind of a hefty price tag for a 3 year out-of-stater.

User avatar
deadpanic
Posts: 1169
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:09 pm

Re: 1L at Louisville taking questions

Postby deadpanic » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:15 pm

Did anyone attend the admitted students day this past weekend? If so, what were your overall impressions?

Volnatic
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:46 pm

Re: 1L at Louisville taking questions

Postby Volnatic » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:37 pm

I attended it. It was quite interesting, and the faculty was really engaging. I also found out that I receive in-state tuition since my dad still lives in KY. That was a big financial burden lifted off my shoulders.

hatteras1
Posts: 68
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:57 pm

Re: 1L at Louisville taking questions

Postby hatteras1 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:35 am

Volnatic wrote:I attended it. It was quite interesting, and the faculty was really engaging. I also found out that I receive in-state tuition since my dad still lives in KY. That was a big financial burden lifted off my shoulders.


I was there too! I found the faculty to be very engaging too, and the students to be very normal and open about their experiences. I was very impressed. Volnatic, have you made your decision?

Volnatic
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:46 pm

Re: 1L at Louisville taking questions

Postby Volnatic » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:39 am

I'm pretty sure that I'll be there in the fall, barring an acceptance off the wait list from the University of Tennessee.

AsylumPB
Posts: 113
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:30 pm

Re: 1L at Louisville taking questions

Postby AsylumPB » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:55 am

Is anyone else going to the next ASD?

User avatar
deadpanic
Posts: 1169
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:09 pm

Re: 1L at Louisville taking questions

Postby deadpanic » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:14 am

AsylumPB wrote:Is anyone else going to the next ASD?


I plan on attending.

AsylumPB
Posts: 113
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:30 pm

Re: 1L at Louisville taking questions

Postby AsylumPB » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:34 pm

see you there dead

Volnatic
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:46 pm

Re: 1L at Louisville taking questions

Postby Volnatic » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:05 pm

Hatteras,
I was the guy that was pushing his mother around in the wheelchair...running her into walls and tables. It was my first rodeo with the wheelchair haha.

hatteras1
Posts: 68
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:57 pm

Re: 1L at Louisville taking questions

Postby hatteras1 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:10 pm

Volnatic wrote:Hatteras,
I was the guy that was pushing his mother around in the wheelchair...running her into walls and tables. It was my first rodeo with the wheelchair haha.


Haha, I remember you! I talked with you all during the last session, I was waiting out in the hallway with you guys after that not-so-great "Living in Louisville" chat! Haha, don't be so hard on yourself, you navigated the wheelchair better than you thought!!

lawchampion
Posts: 113
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:42 pm

Re: 1L at Louisville taking questions

Postby lawchampion » Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:13 pm

Did any of you guys receive Ulink access before officially getting the acceptance letter? I just got an email from financial aid office with all the info on how to obtain student ID. Is that a sign of acceptance?

hatteras1
Posts: 68
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:57 pm

Re: 1L at Louisville taking questions

Postby hatteras1 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:28 pm

lawchampion wrote:Did any of you guys receive Ulink access before officially getting the acceptance letter? I just got an email from financial aid office with all the info on how to obtain student ID. Is that a sign of acceptance?


Did you submit a FAFSA by chance?

lawchampion
Posts: 113
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:42 pm

Re: 1L at Louisville taking questions

Postby lawchampion » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:51 pm

hatteras1 wrote:
lawchampion wrote:Did any of you guys receive Ulink access before officially getting the acceptance letter? I just got an email from financial aid office with all the info on how to obtain student ID. Is that a sign of acceptance?


Did you submit a FAFSA by chance?


I did, please tell me more

hatteras1
Posts: 68
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:57 pm

Re: 1L at Louisville taking questions

Postby hatteras1 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:30 pm

lawchampion wrote:
hatteras1 wrote:
lawchampion wrote:Did any of you guys receive Ulink access before officially getting the acceptance letter? I just got an email from financial aid office with all the info on how to obtain student ID. Is that a sign of acceptance?


Did you submit a FAFSA by chance?


I did, please tell me more


I really have nothing but conjecture to offer, but they might be using ULink as a means of communicating possible financial aid. Have you logged in and checked your application status? That should be an option somewhere on there. Again, this is a pure guess, but I'm doubtful they would hand out ULink access to just anyone. Good luck, I hope you are admitted!

lawchampion
Posts: 113
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:42 pm

Re: 1L at Louisville taking questions

Postby lawchampion » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:41 pm

hatteras1 wrote:
lawchampion wrote:
hatteras1 wrote:
lawchampion wrote:Did any of you guys receive Ulink access before officially getting the acceptance letter? I just got an email from financial aid office with all the info on how to obtain student ID. Is that a sign of acceptance?


Did you submit a FAFSA by chance?


I did, please tell me more


I really have nothing but conjecture to offer, but they might be using ULink as a means of communicating possible financial aid. Have you logged in and checked your application status? That should be an option somewhere on there. Again, this is a pure guess, but I'm doubtful they would hand out ULink access to just anyone. Good luck, I hope you are admitted!


Thanks a lot for optimistic approach. Though I am able to use the ULink, I am unable to access my Groupwise email account. The application status check on ULink is only for financial aid documents, nothing about admission. I am tend to think they grant ULink access to just every prospective student so that they can check their financial aid documents.

User avatar
dhatfie1
Posts: 141
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:09 pm

Re: 1L at Louisville taking questions

Postby dhatfie1 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:50 pm

You wouldn't happen to know either Greg Mayes or Leah Hart would you bizjunk??

Volnatic
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:46 pm

Re: 1L at Louisville taking questions

Postby Volnatic » Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:32 pm

hatteras1 wrote:
Volnatic wrote:Hatteras,
I was the guy that was pushing his mother around in the wheelchair...running her into walls and tables. It was my first rodeo with the wheelchair haha.


Haha, I remember you! I talked with you all during the last session, I was waiting out in the hallway with you guys after that not-so-great "Living in Louisville" chat! Haha, don't be so hard on yourself, you navigated the wheelchair better than you thought!!


At least I didn't throw her out of that thing haha. Hm, I'm trying to think of who I talked to after that "oh so informative" session.

JustBelieve
Posts: 84
Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:08 pm

Re: 1L at Louisville taking questions

Postby JustBelieve » Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:44 pm

Did you submit a FAFSA by chance?[/quote]

I did, please tell me more[/quote]

I really have nothing but conjecture to offer, but they might be using ULink as a means of communicating possible financial aid. Have you logged in and checked your application status? That should be an option somewhere on there. Again, this is a pure guess, but I'm doubtful they would hand out ULink access to just anyone. Good luck, I hope you are admitted![/quote]

Thanks a lot for optimistic approach. Though I am able to use the ULink, I am unable to access my Groupwise email account. The application status check on ULink is only for financial aid documents, nothing about admission. I am tend to think they grant ULink access to just every prospective student so that they can check their financial aid documents.[/quote]

Same here. No access to my email address/client.




Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot] and 3 guests