Cleveland-Marshall College of Law Forum

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
TLS_user

New

Cleveland-Marshall College of Law

Post by TLS_user » Sat Oct 08, 2005 2:05 pm

Law School Programs >> Ohio Law Schools

law.csuohio.edu
Cleveland-Marshall College of Law is located in Cleveland, OH.

Please "post a reply" and add any comments you have about C-M Law. Many generations of prospective law students will benefit by the information you share.

Delt_Karl

New

Re: Cleveland-Marshall College of Law

Post by Delt_Karl » Mon May 18, 2009 5:35 pm

Anyone else heading to C-M this fall?

Cole S. Law

Bronze

Post by Cole S. Law » Mon May 18, 2009 6:28 pm

Yo. I'll be there. I was waiting on OSU's waitlist, but I found a great house in Cleveland Heights and signed a lease. The only way I won't be at Cleveland-Marshall is if Case comes calling with a pile of money.

Delt_Karl

New

Post by Delt_Karl » Tue May 19, 2009 10:41 am

Cool, did you get your financial aid award letter yet? I got mine last Friday but I have a few questions about it. There is conflicting information on the letter compared to what is on CSU's financial aid website.

OgmiosII

New

Post by OgmiosII » Tue May 19, 2009 12:08 pm

I’ll be heading to Cleveland-Marshall as well. I’m still trying to decide between on/off campus housing.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Delt_Karl

New

Post by Delt_Karl » Tue May 19, 2009 4:43 pm

I didn't think CSU had much to offer in terms of on campus housing. There are plenty of apartments downtown and close to campus depending on your budget; I don't like to commute. I'll be starting my apartment search in June, hoping to find something that will work for all 3 years. I hate moving.

Cole S. Law

Bronze

Post by Cole S. Law » Tue May 19, 2009 5:54 pm

Delt_Karl wrote:Cool, did you get your financial aid award letter yet? I got mine last Friday but I have a few questions about it. There is conflicting information on the letter compared to what is on CSU's financial aid website.
Got mine a while ago. No discrepencies on mine.

edit for spellcheck
Last edited by Cole S. Law on Tue May 19, 2009 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Delt_Karl

New

Post by Delt_Karl » Tue May 19, 2009 6:39 pm

Yeah I talked to Dean Lucak today, the Financial Aid office has tuition listed higher than the law school does. Financial Aid is expecting tuition to increase this year while the law school wants to keep it the same as last year.

Attucks

New

Post by Attucks » Fri May 29, 2009 2:04 pm

I'll be there this fall as well. Congrats to everyone.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

twa211

New

Post by twa211 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:15 pm

I'll be at Cleveland Marshall this fall also. See you all in August! :lol:

Delt_Karl

New

Post by Delt_Karl » Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:11 pm

Well that makes 5 of us, how is everyone's apartment hunt going?

Cole S. Law

Bronze

Post by Cole S. Law » Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:24 pm

Delt_Karl wrote:Well that makes 5 of us, how is everyone's apartment hunt going?

I got a great house in Cleveland Heights. I move in this weekend. Thanks to the horrible housing market I'm renting a huge house for a little more than my last apartment.

Delt_Karl

New

Post by Delt_Karl » Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:42 pm

Cole S. Law wrote:
Delt_Karl wrote:Well that makes 5 of us, how is everyone's apartment hunt going?

I got a great house in Cleveland Heights. I move in this weekend. Thanks to the horrible housing market I'm renting a huge house for a little more than my last apartment.
Are you very familiar with Cleveland? Any places you would especailly recommend looking or avoiding?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Cole S. Law

Bronze

Post by Cole S. Law » Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:56 pm

Delt_Karl wrote:
Cole S. Law wrote:

Are you very familiar with Cleveland? Any places you would especailly recommend looking or avoiding?
I know Cleveland very well. What are you looking for in a neighborhood...price, entertainment, peace and quiet, proximity to law school, safety, schools for kids? Give me a better idea of what you're looking for and I can point you in the right direction.

OgmiosII

New

Post by OgmiosII » Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:36 pm

It seems like there are a lot of apartments available in the Lakewood area. It appears to be close to campus and affordable…

Can any Clevelanders comment on the Lakewood area?

Delt_Karl

New

Post by Delt_Karl » Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:37 am

Cole S. Law wrote:
Delt_Karl wrote:
Cole S. Law wrote:

I know Cleveland very well. What are you looking for in a neighborhood...price, entertainment, peace and quiet, proximity to law school, safety, schools for kids? Give me a better idea of what you're looking for and I can point you in the right direction.
Price, proximity to the law school, access to RTA, and a little quiet would be nice. Thanks!

What can you tell me about Shaker Heights?

Cole S. Law

Bronze

Post by Cole S. Law » Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:03 pm

Check out this link. http://studentaffairs.case.edu/living/s ... ha/search/ It's from the Case Western off campus housing office. Unscrupulous landlords are prohibited from reposting listings. Lots of great options for graduate students near the Case Western campus. Shaker Heights is nice, but it is somewhat far from the law school. Cleveland Heights is a better option IMO. Here are a couple of buildings I have first hand knowledge are great to live in (safe, clean, well maintained, spacious, close to entertainment, quiet). They're close to a cool entertainment district called Coventry and about a 15 minute drive to the law school (pretty much any time of day). The neighborhood is virtually crime free and almost all the residents are CWRU faculty, young professionals, or graduate students.

http://studentaffairs.case.edu/living/s ... ingID=5210

http://studentaffairs.case.edu/living/s ... ingID=5068

There are a number of downtown apartment options, but they tend to be pricey and attract a party crowd. The person who asked about Lakewood...it is typical of most inner ring suburbs. There are alot of good, affordable neighborhoods, but some suffer from their proximity to the city (crime, noise, traffic). I'm more of an east side guy (you'll learn all about the stark seperation of the east/west sides during your time at CSU), so I couldn't point you to a specific street or anything. A west sider would be more helpful here.

If you've got your eye on a place, PM me and I'll look into it or tell you what I know about it. Hope that helps.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

OgmiosII

New

Post by OgmiosII » Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:02 pm

Check out this link. http://studentaffairs.case.edu/living/s ... ha/search/ It's from the Case Western off campus housing office. Unscrupulous landlords are prohibited from reposting listings. Lots of great options for graduate students near the Case Western campus. Shaker Heights is nice, but it is somewhat far from the law school. Cleveland Heights is a better option IMO. Here are a couple of buildings I have first hand knowledge are great to live in (safe, clean, well maintained, spacious, close to entertainment, quiet). They're close to a cool entertainment district called Coventry and about a 15 minute drive to the law school (pretty much any time of day). The neighborhood is virtually crime free and almost all the residents are CWRU faculty, young professionals, or graduate students.

http://studentaffairs.case.edu/living/s ... ingID=5210

http://studentaffairs.case.edu/living/s ... ingID=5068

Thanks for posting the links!

Case2L

Bronze

Post by Case2L » Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:57 pm

OgmiosII wrote:It seems like there are a lot of apartments available in the Lakewood area. It appears to be close to campus and affordable…

Can any Clevelanders comment on the Lakewood area?
Lakewood has a lot of high-rises and, as the name suggests, is right on the lake. You can get a decent sized apartment with a beautiful view of the lake for a pretty cheap price. Also, Lakewood it right across the bridge from downtown, so it's a quick commute to CSU.

twa211

New

Post by twa211 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:07 pm

I'll be living on the far west side of Cleveland in little old Vermilion (about a 45 minute drive along Rt. 2 & I-90). I'll probably check out the "Park & Ride" program because it allows commuters from the west to park their vehicles in Lakewood and take public transit downtown. I don't know how much time and money this would save me so I'll just have to play around with it for the first few weeks and see what route fits best and when.

Anybody else taking on a long commute to downtown?

Delt_Karl

New

Post by Delt_Karl » Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:36 pm

twa211 wrote:I'll be living on the far west side of Cleveland in little old Vermilion (about a 45 minute drive along Rt. 2 & I-90). I'll probably check out the "Park & Ride" program because it allows commuters from the west to park their vehicles in Lakewood and take public transit downtown. I don't know how much time and money this would save me so I'll just have to play around with it for the first few weeks and see what route fits best and when.

Anybody else taking on a long commute to downtown?
I'll be using RTA to get everywhere around town so even if I'm only a dozen or so blocks away I'm sure it will be a long commute.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Attucks

New

Post by Attucks » Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:13 am

Any luck on finding apts or a house yet besides Cole and twa?

Delt_Karl

New

Post by Delt_Karl » Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:08 pm

Attucks wrote:Any luck on finding apts or a house yet besides Cole and twa?
It looks like I'm getting a place in the Statler Arms building, my gf and I will be signing the lease this week. I'm quite pleased with the proximity to campus and the law building.

Case2L

Bronze

Post by Case2L » Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:18 pm

I lived downtown during law school, so if anyone unfamiliar w/ d-town has questions, feel free to ask.

twa211

New

Post by twa211 » Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:12 am

I got my schedule today. Who else is in Section 1?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”