UVA Law Students Taking Questions

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
User avatar
Stringer Bell
Posts: 1924
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:43 pm

Re: UVA 1L taking questions

Postby Stringer Bell » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:16 pm

vanwinkle wrote:Those places typically are renting you a "private bedroom/bathroom" in a 4-bedroom suite with one shared kitchen/living room area. You can either find 3 other people and arrange to share a room, or rent one by yourself and share the common space with three total strangers. They give you a per-person rate because you can rent per-person and let them do the roommate arrangements if you don't care.


Thanks. That makes sense. But taking that one step further, it seems a little weird they would do this with 3 and 4 bedroom units, but not 2 bedroom units. I guess they probably have more requests for the 2 bedroom units from people that already have a roomate and don't need to rent them that way.

User avatar
vanwinkle
Posts: 9740
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:02 am

Re: UVA 1L taking questions

Postby vanwinkle » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:17 pm

Stringer Bell wrote:
vanwinkle wrote:Those places typically are renting you a "private bedroom/bathroom" in a 4-bedroom suite with one shared kitchen/living room area. You can either find 3 other people and arrange to share a room, or rent one by yourself and share the common space with three total strangers. They give you a per-person rate because you can rent per-person and let them do the roommate arrangements if you don't care.

Thanks. That makes sense. But taking that one step further, it seems a little weird they would do this with 3 and 4 bedroom units, but not 2 bedroom units. I guess they probably have more requests for the 2 bedroom units from people that already have a roomate and don't need to rent them that way.

Yeah, and also many 2-bedroom units are also 1-bath or 1.5-bath. They're not meant to be segmented that heavily, they're for two people who know each other.

ewc227
Posts: 42
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:38 am

Re: UVA 1L taking questions

Postby ewc227 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:31 pm

Would you recommend any specific place that is pet friendly? A specific apartment complex would be extremely helpful.

showNprove
Posts: 968
Joined: Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:52 pm

Re: UVA 1L taking questions

Postby showNprove » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:34 pm

ewc227 wrote:Would you recommend any specific place that is pet friendly? A specific apartment complex would be extremely helpful.

Arlington Court Condos
Barracks West Apartments

SweetnessUVA
Posts: 84
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:08 pm

Re: UVA 1L taking questions

Postby SweetnessUVA » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:36 pm

SweetnessUVA wrote:I hear rumors of Law School-sorority mixers. This can't be true, right?


This is the most important question I've asked on this site and have received no responses!

APimpNamedSlickback
Posts: 1126
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:33 am

Re: UVA 1L taking questions

Postby APimpNamedSlickback » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:37 pm

SweetnessUVA wrote:
SweetnessUVA wrote:I hear rumors of Law School-sorority mixers. This can't be true, right?


This is the most important question I've asked here and no responses!

User avatar
Kohinoor
Posts: 2756
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:51 pm

Re: UVA 1L taking questions

Postby Kohinoor » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:41 pm

SweetnessUVA wrote:
SweetnessUVA wrote:I hear rumors of Law School-sorority mixers. This can't be true, right?


This is the most important question I've asked on this site and have received no responses!

I've never heard of any. If you're into that, just buy a UVA Law ring and jacket and go downtown wearing business casual.

User avatar
thickfreakness
Posts: 1056
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:39 pm

Re: UVA 1L taking questions

Postby thickfreakness » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:42 pm

Kohinoor wrote:
SweetnessUVA wrote:
SweetnessUVA wrote:I hear rumors of Law School-sorority mixers. This can't be true, right?


This is the most important question I've asked on this site and have received no responses!

I've never heard of any. If you're into that, just buy a UVA Law ring and jacket and go downtown wearing business casual.



lulz. MRS major magnet.

User avatar
Cavalier
Posts: 1994
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:13 pm

Re: UVA 1L taking questions

Postby Cavalier » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:50 pm

SweetnessUVA wrote:
SweetnessUVA wrote:I hear rumors of Law School-sorority mixers. This can't be true, right?

This is the most important question I've asked on this site and have received no responses!

I have not heard those rumors, but it sounds like a great idea. Sorority members are more likely to be attractive and single than the law students, and our earning potential vastly exceeds that of the frat boys.

Given that the law school is not located on the main grounds, I have found that our interaction with the undergrads is limited at best, which is unfortunate for me since I am 2-3 years younger than almost everyone in the law school.

User avatar
YCrevolution
Posts: 4714
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:25 am

Re: UVA 1L taking questions

Postby YCrevolution » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:55 pm

..

User avatar
dgouzoul
Posts: 244
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:24 pm

Re: UVA 1L taking questions

Postby dgouzoul » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:57 pm

i will be a competitive candidate for youngest in 2013

User avatar
Stringer Bell
Posts: 1924
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:43 pm

Re: UVA 1L taking questions

Postby Stringer Bell » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:27 pm

Cavalier wrote:
SweetnessUVA wrote:
SweetnessUVA wrote:I hear rumors of Law School-sorority mixers. This can't be true, right?

This is the most important question I've asked on this site and have received no responses!

I have not heard those rumors, but it sounds like a great idea. Sorority members are more likely to be attractive and single than the law students, and our earning potential vastly exceeds that of the frat boys.

Given that the law school is not located on the main grounds, I have found that our interaction with the undergrads is limited at best, which is unfortunate for me since I am 2-3 years younger than almost everyone in the law school.


In all honesty, I would imagine someone could set something like that up if they have the requisite social skills and the desire to do so.

jnorsky
Posts: 201
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:26 pm

Re: UVA 1L taking questions

Postby jnorsky » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:33 pm

dgouzoul wrote:i will be a competitive candidate for youngest in 2013



You gonna be 21 in august at least? I'm young for my grade, but not for class of 2013 I think, 22 when I enter

ewc227
Posts: 42
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:38 am

Re: UVA 1L taking questions

Postby ewc227 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:31 am

I'm turning 21 in October : )

User avatar
YCrevolution
Posts: 4714
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:25 am

Re: UVA 1L taking questions

Postby YCrevolution » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:38 am

..

APimpNamedSlickback
Posts: 1126
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:33 am

Re: UVA 1L taking questions

Postby APimpNamedSlickback » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:41 am

if these mixers you all speak of are in fact true or otherwise become true, my law school universe will have been turned on its head. i might even try and have my withdrawn application put back on the waitlist.

uva undergrad girls are outrageously hot.

User avatar
jawsthegreat
Posts: 792
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:51 pm

Re: UVA 1L taking questions

Postby jawsthegreat » Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:12 am

I'll be 23 in June, where does that put me on the age scale?

User avatar
Kohinoor
Posts: 2756
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:51 pm

Re: UVA 1L taking questions

Postby Kohinoor » Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:16 am

jawsthegreat wrote:I'll be 23 in June, where does that put me on the age scale?

Oldish for my class. c/o 2012 full of little ones.

User avatar
RVP11
Posts: 2774
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:32 pm

Re: UVA 1L taking questions

Postby RVP11 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:08 am

Kohinoor wrote:
jawsthegreat wrote:I'll be 23 in June, where does that put me on the age scale?

Oldish for my class. c/o 2012 full of little ones.


Our average age was 24, I thought. Though the median is probably 23.

I'm approaching 25 and have never felt particularly old.

slider
Posts: 368
Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:35 pm

Re: UVA 1L taking questions

Postby slider » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:32 am

Geez, now I feel old.

User avatar
Cavalier
Posts: 1994
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:13 pm

Re: UVA 1L taking questions

Postby Cavalier » Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:47 pm

YCrevolution wrote:
Cavalier wrote:
SweetnessUVA wrote:
SweetnessUVA wrote:I hear rumors of Law School-sorority mixers. This can't be true, right?

This is the most important question I've asked on this site and have received no responses!

I have not heard those rumors, but it sounds like a great idea. Sorority members are more likely to be attractive and single than the law students, and our earning potential vastly exceeds that of the frat boys.

Given that the law school is not located on the main grounds, I have found that our interaction with the undergrads is limited at best, which is unfortunate for me since I am 2-3 years younger than almost everyone in the law school.

Whine, whine, whine. I'm younger than you are.

We are the same age now.

User avatar
YCrevolution
Posts: 4714
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:25 am

Re: UVA 1L taking questions

Postby YCrevolution » Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:49 pm

..

User avatar
Stringer Bell
Posts: 1924
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:43 pm

Re: UVA 1L taking questions

Postby Stringer Bell » Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:51 pm

slider wrote:Geez, now I feel old.


Based on this board it seems like there will be a decent amount of us old timers in the c/o 2013.

User avatar
vanwinkle
Posts: 9740
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:02 am

Re: UVA 1L taking questions

Postby vanwinkle » Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:08 pm

Cavalier wrote:We are the same age now.

:shock:

Are you really the same age as him? God, I feel so old now. (I'm possibly the oldest person in this thread, and at least the oldest regular poster.)

User avatar
Kohinoor
Posts: 2756
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:51 pm

Re: UVA 1L taking questions

Postby Kohinoor » Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:20 pm

JSUVA2012 wrote:
Kohinoor wrote:
jawsthegreat wrote:I'll be 23 in June, where does that put me on the age scale?

Oldish for my class. c/o 2012 full of little ones.


Our average age was 24, I thought. Though the median is probably 23.

I'm approaching 25 and have never felt particularly old.

Everyone I meet seems to be 21-22.




Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: White Dwarf and 4 guests