UVA Law Students Taking Questions Forum

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
r6_philly

Diamond

Re: UVA 2L taking questions

Post by r6_philly » Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:07 am

icouldbuyu wrote:
That's how me and R6 met a whole bunch of TLS people during the March ASW
Apparently 20 people knew who I was :) which was cool.

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:08 am

kelc213 wrote:
joemoviebuff wrote:
I can just imagine us all going, "so, you on TLS? Oh no shit, that's you?"
I was thinking of making a T-shirt with my LSAT, GPA, URM/Non-URM status, TLS sn, and my application date. Too much?
If we have a TLS reunion I am going to make a club 170 shirt.

Doritos

Silver

Post by Doritos » Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:10 pm

When and where is this BBQ? I'm try'na eat

joeshmo39

Silver

Post by joeshmo39 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:31 pm

It's going to be in ScoCo and I think they served food at like 6 last time?

badwithpseudonyms

Silver

Post by badwithpseudonyms » Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:53 pm

So far the day has been a bit of a bust... knew the weather was going to be bad, but apparently the beer in the Thursday afternoon keg is flat (???) so no one stuck around. I might be back for free bbq though.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

vamedic03

Gold

Post by vamedic03 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:59 pm

badwithpseudonyms wrote:So far the day has been a bit of a bust... knew the weather was going to be bad, but apparently the beer in the Thursday afternoon keg is flat (???) so no one stuck around. I might be back for free bbq though.
Flat is an understatement.

paulinaporizkova

Gold

Post by paulinaporizkova » Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:00 pm

vamedic03 wrote:
badwithpseudonyms wrote:So far the day has been a bit of a bust... knew the weather was going to be bad, but apparently the beer in the Thursday afternoon keg is flat (???) so no one stuck around. I might be back for free bbq though.
were you guys all at the first ASW? i wish i had met some more TLS peepssssiesss.. weather was beautiful too, and the kegs were good, esp. the smithwick's

joemoviebuff

Silver

Post by joemoviebuff » Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:06 pm

I did have some flat beer, but reassured by many students that by the time the barbecue actually started, it would be replaced ha ha

badwithpseudonyms

Silver

Post by badwithpseudonyms » Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:12 pm

paulinaporizkova wrote:
vamedic03 wrote:
were you guys all at the first ASW? i wish i had met some more TLS peepssssiesss.. weather was beautiful too, and the kegs were good, esp. the smithwick's
I was sufficiently intoxicated before you guys showed up for the last ASW, so I did not stick around and embarrass the UVA Law community. But I promise you, the presence of the sun > my presence, and you were blessed with the former.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

itsirtou

Bronze

Post by itsirtou » Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:24 pm

haha that's because it was a week old

badwithpseudonyms

Silver

Post by badwithpseudonyms » Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:39 pm

itsirtou wrote:
I knew it!

kelc213

New

Post by kelc213 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:37 pm

badwithpseudonyms wrote:
itsirtou wrote:
I knew it!
Flight cancelled, second flight delayed. And now seriously snowing in Boston. Perhaps I am not coming to ASW...

joemoviebuff

Silver

Post by joemoviebuff » Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:20 pm

badwithpseudonyms wrote:
itsirtou wrote:
I knew it!
and no beer at the barbecue! Everyone one was very outgoing and willing to talk though, and I was impressed with the candidness of all the students about their experiences. I guess we're heading to Bar Review later on and seeing some 80's/bluegrass band before that. Good times.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

badwithpseudonyms

Silver

Post by badwithpseudonyms » Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:49 pm

joemoviebuff wrote:and no beer at the barbecue! Everyone one was very outgoing and willing to talk though, and I was impressed with the candidness of all the students about their experiences. I guess we're heading to Bar Review later on and seeing some 80's/bluegrass band before that. Good times.
The lack of beer at the BBQ was borderline inexcusable. I apologize on behalf of the faculty, students, and administration of UVA. I have nothing to do with it, but still... Anyway, let me know how the bluegrass 80s cover band is.

Doritos

Silver

Post by Doritos » Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:50 pm

Those popsicles were bomb. Mine had chocolate in it

joemoviebuff

Silver

Post by joemoviebuff » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:33 am

badwithpseudonyms wrote:
joemoviebuff wrote:and no beer at the barbecue! Everyone one was very outgoing and willing to talk though, and I was impressed with the candidness of all the students about their experiences. I guess we're heading to Bar Review later on and seeing some 80's/bluegrass band before that. Good times.
The lack of beer at the BBQ was borderline inexcusable. I apologize on behalf of the faculty, students, and administration of UVA. I have nothing to do with it, but still... Anyway, let me know how the bluegrass 80s cover band is.
Don't worry about it, I found plenty of beer at the awesome bars around town ha ha ha. Hope I'm not hungover for the actual admitted student day tomorrow....

kelc213

New

Post by kelc213 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:34 am

Welp guys, looks like I don't get to go eat chocolate popsicles and meet all you lovely souls. Flight canceled after 12 hours at the airport and multiple attempts to de-ice the plane... see you in August?

(Also, spell checker on firefox does not think that "popsicles" is a word, however "popsicle" is acceptable, but only if its capitalized................. I'm sleepy.)

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

paulinaporizkova

Gold

Post by paulinaporizkova » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:35 am

kelc213 wrote:Welp guys, looks like I don't get to go eat chocolate popsicles and meet all you lovely souls. Flight canceled after 12 hours at the airport and multiple attempts to de-ice the plane... see you in August?

(Also, spell checker on firefox does not think that "popsicles" is a word, however "popsicle" is acceptable, but only if its capitalized................. I'm sleepy.)
are you shitting me

joemoviebuff

Silver

Post by joemoviebuff » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:36 am

paulinaporizkova wrote:
kelc213 wrote:Welp guys, looks like I don't get to go eat chocolate popsicles and meet all you lovely souls. Flight canceled after 12 hours at the airport and multiple attempts to de-ice the plane... see you in August?

are you shitting me
Yeah seriously I think it should take the word "popsicles" too.

badwithpseudonyms

Silver

Post by badwithpseudonyms » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:38 am

That's a huge bummer (the flight, that is, not the popsicles thing, which is just weird). You'll be pleased with the lack of snow next winter. See if you can't at least get some vouchers out of the airline.

kelc213

New

Post by kelc213 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:39 am

paulinaporizkova wrote:

are you shitting me
No, not shitting you. popsicles is not a word, but Popsicle is. Is this real life?

ohhhh you meant the flight problems. yeah. that unfortunately was real.

BUT I did buy this, right around hour 8: Image

so maybe it was a success after all.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

vamedic03

Gold

Post by vamedic03 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:42 am

Supposedly, according to wikipedia, Popsicle is the brand name/trademark of an "ice pop." That said, I'm not sure how this trademark has survived genericide.

joemoviebuff

Silver

Post by joemoviebuff » Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:47 pm

I was talking to a lot of people involved in the Libel Show and a lot of them said they wished they'd done it their 1L year. What do you guys think?

As a side note, the ASW was awesome. I hope I get Coughlin for something.

Cavalier

Gold

Post by Cavalier » Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:59 pm

joemoviebuff wrote:I was talking to a lot of people involved in the Libel Show and a lot of them said they wished they'd done it their 1L year. What do you guys think?
It looks like a lot of fun--I will probably do it my 3L year. Libel takes up a lot of time during the week that it runs, but you should still have time as a 1L.

vanwinkle

Platinum

Post by vanwinkle » Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:09 pm

joemoviebuff wrote:I was talking to a lot of people involved in the Libel Show and a lot of them said they wished they'd done it their 1L year. What do you guys think?
When I saw it last year, my first thought was "Damn, I wish I'd actually gotten involved in this." It also seems to be a great way to get to know people outside your section/year, since you'll meet a lot of 2Ls and 3Ls there.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”