UVA Law Students Taking Questions Forum

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
5ky

Diamond

Re: UVA Law Students Taking Questions

Post by 5ky » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:26 pm

jawsthegreat wrote:0/4 grades received.
it is absurd

dailygrind

Diamond

Post by dailygrind » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:37 pm

Near the law school, the Rivanna Trail is fairly nice to run on. I'm told there are other trails near the undergrad campus (e.g. Observatory Hill), but I've never tried those out.

anon sequitur

Silver

Post by anon sequitur » Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:41 pm

Thanks. I'll be in c-ville a couple weeks early so I'm sure I'll be able to find somewhere good to run.

Anyone know if the UVA law computer package will include the MacBook pro they released today?

auburnbelle89

New

Post by auburnbelle89 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:03 pm

anon sequitur wrote:Anyone know if the UVA law computer package will include the MacBook pro they released today?
From what I can gather, the package will include the new MacBook pro. I say this because I ordered mine last week and was told that they were holding all Apple orders until after the June 11th announcement.

Julio_El_Chavo

Silver

Post by Julio_El_Chavo » Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:12 pm

The Profs seem particularly slow this semester for whatever reason.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

anon sequitur

Silver

Post by anon sequitur » Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:32 pm

auburnbelle89 wrote: From what I can gather, the package will include the new MacBook pro. I say this because I ordered mine last week and was told that they were holding all Apple orders until after the June 11th announcement.
cool, I'll have to consider that option then, thanks.

5ky

Diamond

Post by 5ky » Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:55 pm

Julio_El_Chavo wrote:
It is par for the course in my experience. Last spring I got all of my grades within 5 days of the deadline. Perhaps the professors are too dismayed by the departure of President Sullivan to grade exams.

vamedic03

Gold

Post by vamedic03 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:25 am

5ky wrote:
Julio_El_Chavo wrote:
It is par for the course in my experience. Last spring I got all of my grades within 5 days of the deadline. Perhaps the professors are too dismayed by the departure of President Sullivan to grade exams.
I'd wager it's a hold up in SRO. It seems that this year, they've been holding grades and releasing them in batches. I know for Fall grades there were some week+ delays between the grades being submitted by faculty and the grades being posted on SIS.

desertlaw

Silver

Post by desertlaw » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:11 am

dailygrind wrote:Near the law school, the Rivanna Trail is fairly nice to run on. I'm told there are other trails near the undergrad campus (e.g. Observatory Hill), but I've never tried those out.
Wasn't there a body found on Observatory Hill the other day? Maybe stick to Rivanna Trail.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

paulinaporizkova

Gold

Post by paulinaporizkova » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:34 am

5ky wrote:
it is absurd
I have no FIRST YEAR GRADES. Yet all the OGI information has been out for at least a week. Can't fucking do anything with it. Don't know how much I am going to have to mass mail my home market, etc. etc. I AM GOING TO CUT A BITCH

Also judging from LawWeb, there have been NO con law grades released (final on May 1) and only 2 profs for property and those were both out weeks ago.

crossingforHYS

Silver

Post by crossingforHYS » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:51 am

paulinaporizkova wrote:
5ky wrote:
it is absurd
I have no FIRST YEAR GRADES. Yet all the OGI information has been out for at least a week. Can't fucking do anything with it. Don't know how much I am going to have to mass mail my home market, etc. etc. I AM GOING TO CUT A BITCH

Also judging from LawWeb, there have been NO con law grades released (final on May 1) and only 2 profs for property and those were both out weeks ago.
Same here, I feel like this is a sick joke. Grades are due on Friday and at this point I feel like the bidding period will be closed before I get these grades

THIS. IS. RIDICULOUS.

pjo

Silver

Post by pjo » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:25 pm

I still think it's funny that Mitchell's Evidence class had their grades released by last monday. That class had the most ppl in it for any class in the spring (125). Either he doesn't read the exams or Mitchell is the most diligent prof. in the school when it comes to grading.

Also, it's pretty ridiculous that not a single con law professor has posted grades.

616rewind

New

Post by 616rewind » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:32 pm

crossingforHYS wrote:
paulinaporizkova wrote:
5ky wrote:
it is absurd

Same here, I feel like this is a sick joke. Grades are due on Friday and at this point I feel like the bidding period will be closed before I get these grades

THIS. IS. RIDICULOUS.
Does the "deadline" actually mean anything? Like is there really anything preventing them from hanging out until July until they start to grade?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

vamedic03

Gold

Post by vamedic03 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:15 pm

616rewind wrote:
crossingforHYS wrote:

THIS. IS. RIDICULOUS.
Does the "deadline" actually mean anything? Like is there really anything preventing them from hanging out until July until they start to grade?
Prof's tend to be pretty good about turning in grades by the deadline - this past Fall, the only professor who blew the deadline was a visting professor who had over 170 students between his two classes.

That said, as far as I can tell, there haven't been any new grades posted since that big grade dump last Tuesday (since Wednesday, the class eval page has listed 58 evaluations). It might well be that prof's have turned in grades and SRO is holding them to do them in batches - this wouldn't surprise me and it would fit with the historical 7-10 day delay between when prof's turn in grades and when they get posted.

As a side note to the rising 2L's, you will have all your grades before the bid deadline - Law Review has always been announced prior to the bid deadline. If I recall correctly, Law Review was announced around July 6th last year.

paulinaporizkova

Gold

Post by paulinaporizkova » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:11 pm

pjo wrote:I still think it's funny that Mitchell's Evidence class had their grades released by last monday. That class had the most ppl in it for any class in the spring (125). Either he doesn't read the exams or Mitchell is the most diligent prof. in the school when it comes to grading.

I did well in his Civ Pro class, so he must not read the exams.

Julio_El_Chavo

Silver

Post by Julio_El_Chavo » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:26 pm

pjo wrote:I still think it's funny that Mitchell's Evidence class had their grades released by last monday. That class had the most ppl in it for any class in the spring (125). Either he doesn't read the exams or Mitchell is the most diligent prof. in the school when it comes to grading.
doesn't he give out a ton of B+s? this might make grading easier.

Law Sauce

Silver

Post by Law Sauce » Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:12 pm

FYI there are grades out that do not have evals up yet. Maybe it refreshes slower.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

5ky

Diamond

Post by 5ky » Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:59 pm

Law Sauce wrote:FYI there are grades out that do not have evals up yet. Maybe it refreshes slower.
These days, the grades come out and then the evals go up the next day.

dixon02

Bronze

Post by dixon02 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:09 am

Still not a single ConLaw grade up. It's been 6 weeks.

joemoviebuff

Silver

Post by joemoviebuff » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:42 am

dixon02 wrote:Still not a single ConLaw grade up. It's been 6 weeks.
Got mine yesterday. Hang in there, buddy.

pjo

Silver

Post by pjo » Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:12 pm

Why am I not able to place any bids in symplicity?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

dixon02

Bronze

Post by dixon02 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:25 pm

pjo wrote:Why am I not able to place any bids in symplicity?
I can.

pjo

Silver

Post by pjo » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:36 pm

Figured it out. I didn't have a default resume set up in the system.

dailygrind

Diamond

Post by dailygrind » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:22 pm

desertlaw wrote:
dailygrind wrote:Near the law school, the Rivanna Trail is fairly nice to run on. I'm told there are other trails near the undergrad campus (e.g. Observatory Hill), but I've never tried those out.
Wasn't there a body found on Observatory Hill the other day? Maybe stick to Rivanna Trail.
Wowza. Yeah, that's definitely something to consider.

jawsthegreat

Silver

Post by jawsthegreat » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:40 pm

Finally got two grades.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”