UVA Law Students Taking Questions Forum

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
5ky

Diamond

Re: UVA Law Students Taking Questions

Post by 5ky » Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:38 am

dailygrind wrote:Well, this is uncomfortable.

Doritos

Silver

Post by Doritos » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:18 am

5ky wrote:

Cavalier

Gold

Post by Cavalier » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:41 am

Doritos wrote:
5ky wrote:

joeshmo39

Silver

Post by joeshmo39 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:29 am

*Walks In*

*Feels . . . uncomfortable*

*Turns and Leaves*

joeshmo39

Silver

Post by joeshmo39 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:41 am

*Turns on heel and walks back in*

Wait, wait, it's ASW we need to have a party up in hurr. Let's not let Geneva ruin our good time. I know, it's hurtful to hear the truth. Obviously Geneva, who does not go to law school, and certainly doesn't go to UVA, has a strong grasp on the employment situation here in Charlottesville. I do appreciate Geneva's penetrating insights. I think we all do. I'm sure after reading that Cavalier ran off to get some more mass mailings together because none of us have jobs. I thought I did, but I don't. Or I might. I'm not sure. I'll clear it up by asking Geneva, who obviously knows wassup.

See everyone at the keg this afternoon. I'm thinking my ETA will be around 5. In time to slam down a few brews then saunter over and swoop up the barbecue. Life is good. (Except for the fact I may not have a job, again, waiting on a ruling here Geneva). On the other hand, maybe I'll hire one of the ~150 Class of 2011 fellowship employees to wait in the barbecue line for me. DECISIONS!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

thesealocust

Platinum

Post by thesealocust » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:38 am

Every time I try to steal food from the admits Jason Dougas winds up being nearby an giving me the evil eye :/

Looks like breakfast is going to be cadburry creme eggs (again).

desertlaw

Silver

Post by desertlaw » Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:35 pm

To the 1L hosts who ditched their 0L's last night to go watch The Hunger Games, I'd like to remind you that we're a T7 school now. And that was a TTT move.

paulinaporizkova

Gold

Post by paulinaporizkova » Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:45 pm

thesealocust wrote:Every time I try to steal food from the admits Jason Dougas winds up being nearby an giving me the evil eye :/

Dugas couldn't give the evil eye if he tried

pjo

Silver

Post by pjo » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:29 pm

desertlaw wrote:To the 1L hosts who ditched their 0L's last night to go watch The Hunger Games, I'd like to remind you that we're a T7 school now. And that was a TTT move.
Wwwwwhat!? Who would do this?

Also, +1 to the TLS shout-out in the Libel Show.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

desertlaw

Silver

Post by desertlaw » Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:09 am

Libel Show was awesome. I came in with little to no expectations and was blown away at how legit it was. People who put that on should be proud.

Geneva

Silver

Post by Geneva » Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:47 am

paulinaporizkova wrote:
thesealocust wrote:Every time I try to steal food from the admits Jason Dougas winds up being nearby an giving me the evil eye :/

This. Please tell me thesealocust is representative of UVA students.

DoctorGloom

New

Post by DoctorGloom » Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:56 pm

joeshmo39 wrote:*Turns on heel and walks back in*

Wait, wait, it's ASW we need to have a party up in hurr. Let's not let Geneva ruin our good time. I know, it's hurtful to hear the truth. Obviously Geneva, who does not go to law school, and certainly doesn't go to UVA, has a strong grasp on the employment situation here in Charlottesville. I do appreciate Geneva's penetrating insights. I think we all do. I'm sure after reading that Cavalier ran off to get some more mass mailings together because none of us have jobs. I thought I did, but I don't. Or I might. I'm not sure. I'll clear it up by asking Geneva, who obviously knows wassup.

See everyone at the keg this afternoon. I'm thinking my ETA will be around 5. In time to slam down a few brews then saunter over and swoop up the barbecue. Life is good. (Except for the fact I may not have a job, again, waiting on a ruling here Geneva). On the other hand, maybe I'll hire one of the ~150 Class of 2011 fellowship employees to wait in the barbecue line for me. DECISIONS!
I agree Joeshmo39! *obsequious smile* :D

paulinaporizkova

Gold

Post by paulinaporizkova » Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:23 pm

desertlaw wrote:Libel Show was awesome. I came in with little to no expectations and was blown away at how legit it was. People who put that on should be proud.
i loled like a zillion times

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

dailygrind

Diamond

Post by dailygrind » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:05 pm

paulinaporizkova wrote:
desertlaw wrote:Libel Show was awesome. I came in with little to no expectations and was blown away at how legit it was. People who put that on should be proud.
The Cary Bennett skit slew me. I also really, really liked that film noir skit. Huge props to the TLSers who were involved.

joemoviebuff

Silver

Post by joemoviebuff » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:18 pm

dailygrind wrote:
paulinaporizkova wrote:
The Cary Bennett skit slew me. I also really, really liked that film noir skit. Huge props to the TLSers who were involved.

8)

joeshmo39

Silver

Post by joeshmo39 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:59 pm

dailygrind wrote: The Cary Bennett skit slew me. I also really, really liked that film noir skit. Huge props to the TLSers who were involved.
For those who may have missed the subtle method acting happening on stage, the actor playing Cary Bennet wore camouflage Crocs for that scene. There was also a pair of black Crocs backstage, but the camo was a nice touch, albeit less true to life.

thesealocust

Platinum

Post by thesealocust » Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:59 pm

Libel 104: Shoveling subtlety down your throat until you gag

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

pjo

Silver

Post by pjo » Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:16 pm

joeshmo39 wrote:
dailygrind wrote: The Cary Bennett skit slew me. I also really, really liked that film noir skit. Huge props to the TLSers who were involved.
For those who may have missed the subtle method acting happening on stage, the actor playing Cary Bennet wore camouflage Crocs for that scene. There was also a pair of black Crocs backstage, but the camo was a nice touch, albeit less true to life.
I was actually actively looking for the crocs when he came on stage, just seeing how true to form you guys were making it. Still freakin kills me every time I see the real Cary Bennet walking around the school in a blazer and crocs. I've defined the look as "Colombian drug dealer meets mr. mom."

Cavalier

Gold

Post by Cavalier » Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:34 pm

pjo wrote:
joeshmo39 wrote:
I was actually actively looking for the crocs when he came on stage, just seeing how true to form you guys were making it. Still freakin kills me every time I see the real Cary Bennet walking around the school in a blazer and crocs. I've defined the look as "Colombian drug dealer meets mr. mom."
Wow, I saw the skit three times and I didn't notice the crocs. I clearly fail. Although to be fair I was watching from the furthest corner... and I was really drunk.

FloridaCoastalorbust

Silver

Post by FloridaCoastalorbust » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:49 am

"The UVA Men's Gold team won the invitational by defeating a team from perennial top contender Florida Coastal School of Law 8-4."

http://www.law.virginia.edu/html/news/2 ... ftball.htm

Geneva

Silver

Post by Geneva » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:47 pm

any chance that uva will up scholly money if we inform them that we have hys acceptances? at the very least, will they match need-based aid at hys? thanks!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Gold

Post by 005618502 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:10 pm

Any students who live at Woodlands or Jefferson Ridge want to weigh in on this?

Woodlands has a bus/transport that goes to the law school at 7:30 and 9am and picks up from the law school at 4pm and 5pm. Could students who live at Jefferson ridge or the Villas at Southern Ridge also take this? or is it for residents only? Is there any kind of transit that goes from this area to the law school besides this shuttle?

thesealocust

Platinum

Post by thesealocust » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:20 pm

I don't know anybody who lives that far out without relying on their own car for transportation, so I'm not sure.

Heat

Bronze

Post by Heat » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:31 pm

AssumptionRequired wrote:Any students who live at Woodlands or Jefferson Ridge want to weigh in on this?

Woodlands has a bus/transport that goes to the law school at 7:30 and 9am and picks up from the law school at 4pm and 5pm. Could students who live at Jefferson ridge or the Villas at Southern Ridge also take this? or is it for residents only? Is there any kind of transit that goes from this area to the law school besides this shuttle?
As a resident of Jefferson Ridge I can say that I wouldn't even consider living here without a car. I have no idea if you can take Woodlands buses but even if you can it will take bare minimum 5 minutes to walk from the closest apartment here to Woodlands and your going to be severely limited as to your times. (For instance you will regularly need to stay past 5pm at the law school for events and meetings and such.) If you live at the top of the hill at Jefferson Ridge for instance you would be looking at probably a 10-15 minute walk and on the way back it would be uphill. Cabs to and from Jefferson Ridge are not cheap either.

omg

Bronze

Post by omg » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:40 pm

AssumptionRequired wrote:Any students who live at Woodlands or Jefferson Ridge want to weigh in on this?

The Woodlands shuttle can be pretty helpful, but it also doesn't run fairly frequently--anytime there's snow or ice or sometimes just randomly (like today). As others have said, you definitely don't want to live in that area without a car, though I would definitely recommend it if you do!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”