Penn Students Taking Questions

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
petitprince

Re: Penn Students Taking Questions

Postby petitprince » Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:11 pm

Hi there!
I am not quite sure how this thread works - would it be not welcome to ask for PS advice/review here?
I am aiming for 2017 entry and currently working through my applications. Would really appreciate if someone can offer some advice on my PS/other materials, or is willing to have a chat when I visit the school in early October - please write me a private message!

Thanks a ton, :)

eternalrest

Postby eternalrest » Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:25 am

Iustis wrote:Can anyone speak to roughly what GPA (I assume it changes every year) is required for the Barenkopf Scholarship? Or at least how much it is for? The description on the site is pretty useless.

I'm trying to find motivation to put effort into this year and if a good chunk of money is in reach that will do it.

I know someone who had two A+, one A-, and the rest As, and still didn't get it.

More importantly, if you are the type of person who needs to find motivation by asking this question, you most likely are already out of the running.

Iustis

Postby Iustis » Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:58 pm

eternalrest wrote:
Iustis wrote:Can anyone speak to roughly what GPA (I assume it changes every year) is required for the Barenkopf Scholarship? Or at least how much it is for? The description on the site is pretty useless.

I'm trying to find motivation to put effort into this year and if a good chunk of money is in reach that will do it.

I know someone who had two A+, one A-, and the rest As, and still didn't get it.

More importantly, if you are the type of person who needs to find motivation by asking this question, you most likely are already out of the running.

Thanks for this, I am admittedly pretty lazy and not that motivated about law school but coming out of 1L have same as above, 1 A+, 1 A- and rest As. I guess I'll have to push for a few more A+'s to have a chance based on your anecdote.

I'm guessing you have no idea about the cash value of it? I suppose I could just email Fin Aid but it seems a little arrogant.

eternalrest

Postby eternalrest » Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:40 pm

Iustis wrote:
eternalrest wrote:

Thanks for this, I am admittedly pretty lazy and not that motivated about law school but coming out of 1L have same as above, 1 A+, 1 A- and rest As. I guess I'll have to push for a few more A+'s to have a chance based on your anecdote.

I'm guessing you have no idea about the cash value of it? I suppose I could just email Fin Aid but it seems a little arrogant.

I could be wrong, but I was under the impression that it was a full ride for 3L.

Georgiana

Postby Georgiana » Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:48 pm

So its been ... many years (7?) since I started this thread. It feels like forever since my time at Penn, but I'm still around every so often reading the tea leaves on how people feel about law school and Penn and life in general. I'm not so useful on advice about applications or law school, but if anyone has questions about life after school, aka when adulthood come crashing down on you, I'm still around and happy to give advice.

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”