rt830 wrote:Hi guys, anyone wanna help out a gal out with these questions? Gracias!
1. The small class size is actually a minor downside for me since I went to a tiny undergrad... so does it ever get claustrophobic? And does the smaller class size generate more competition you think?
2. I missed out on ASW... so, at the risk of sweeping generalizations, is there a typical Penn student or certain personality types that the school attracts? I know T14 shares a lot of the same applicants but at the same time there's gotta be some self-selection, no?
3. Along these lines, is the student body diverse? I am mainly wondering if the class is diverse enough that you can always find a group of friends that you really like.
4. Do all of the classrooms have windows? I saw a lot of classes with windows but wasn't sure about the big lecture halls.
5. What is the grading curve like? Are the vast majority of people clustered around median (I assume that would be easier for most people to get biglaw)... or many people far away from median on each end?
2. I wouldn't say there is a typical Penn student however most people are friendly and the vast majority are at least cordial.
4. Two of the big lecture halls in Gittis are in the basement. In all likelihood you will have at least one class in either one during your first year.