Northeastern Law Grad Taking ?s Forum

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
Great Satchmo

Silver

Re: Northeastern Law Grad Taking ?s

Post by Great Satchmo » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:47 pm

MPeterson wrote:Hey Linquest,

Thanks for taking questions. I have a few questions about the co-ops. On the NUSL Web site, it says that the co-ops can earn more than $1,500 a week or something like that, yet you say yours weren't paid. How common is it to get paid on these co-ops, in your experience?

Also, how is the school with scholarships? I'm probably going to have a 170+ LSAT and a 3.9 GPA. Do I stand a good chance of getting some money?
I just got accepted to NU and I'm considering it as an option for Boston, but I'm a little concerned since I am more interested in finding corporate/business law opportunities.

HOWEVER: why in the WORLD would you look at NU when you have a 170+ (you saying "probably" leads me to believe you have no LSAT yet) and a 3.9? That's T-14 with money numbers. No offense to NU, but apply to at least BU/BC for money, and possibly Harvard and the rest of the T-14. I'm no elitist and I believe you can make the experience what you want it to be, but having a top education can't hurt.

MPeterson

Bronze

Post by MPeterson » Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:59 pm

Great Satchmo wrote:
MPeterson wrote:Hey Linquest,

Thanks for taking questions. I have a few questions about the co-ops. On the NUSL Web site, it says that the co-ops can earn more than $1,500 a week or something like that, yet you say yours weren't paid. How common is it to get paid on these co-ops, in your experience?

Also, how is the school with scholarships? I'm probably going to have a 170+ LSAT and a 3.9 GPA. Do I stand a good chance of getting some money?
I just got accepted to NU and I'm considering it as an option for Boston, but I'm a little concerned since I am more interested in finding corporate/business law opportunities.

HOWEVER: why in the WORLD would you look at NU when you have a 170+ (you saying "probably" leads me to believe you have no LSAT yet) and a 3.9? That's T-14 with money numbers. No offense to NU, but apply to at least BU/BC for money, and possibly Harvard and the rest of the T-14. I'm no elitist and I believe you can make the experience what you want it to be, but having a top education can't hurt.
I want to go into PI, and NUSL is really good for that. I'm also probably going to apply to some T14 schools, but that doesn't mean I can't apply to/consider NUSL, too.

Great Satchmo

Silver

Post by Great Satchmo » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:50 pm

For the law grad:

What is your impression of the students that seek business/corporate law education/careers at Northeastern? How is their education regarded? Is there much in the way of support from the school/faculty/clubs? Do they do at all well in employment?

Would it be a terrible idea to go to Northeastern for business/corporate law over Suffolk with a significant scholarship?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”