School of Law - Loyola University, New Orleans

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
criket876

Re: School of Law - Loyola University, New Orleans

Postby criket876 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:10 pm

I'm from NOLA, but I'm not going to law school here. Personally, I really think you're full of crap about this whole thing. But if you really want to purport this story, I obviously can't prove it's false.

I know lots of attorneys from Loyola and LSU. They dominate the local market, far more than Tulane. Most of the people that go to these schools are local, and I've got several friends there currently. No, neither school has nationwide placement, but if you want to practice anywhere in LA, then you'll do fine in either school. But to be fair, most of the same lawyers I know totally recommend going to Southern and getting out with little debt if you can't get in t14. Your job performance will be much more important. New Orleans is an amazing place to live, and even if you're not a super wealthy attorney, you will be well-respected and have an opportunity to live a really nice life. I can't wait to get a home here and live here permanently, but I'm taking a few years to live elsewhere just for the experience.

Don't count out Loyola because of some crazy poster on here. You won't hear anything terrible about it locally (aside from it's expense).

LSU Lawless

Postby LSU Lawless » Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:33 pm

Well, you have an opinion. The opinion may be ignorant - by which I mean without evidence of intelligence - but an opinion nonetheless.

As far as New Orleans being a wonderful city, well, I suppose that could be true if you consider a city that is one of the most dangerous in the country to be one of the qualifiers that makes a city a wonderful city.

If you decided to attend Loyola Law New Orleans please be aware that multiple people were recently shot, 6 of them in one of the incident's, in broad daylight right there on St. Charles Ave.

Mulliganstew

Postby Mulliganstew » Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:52 pm

This thread is bizarre. :shock:

That said, that's a whole lot of 1 post newbies proclaiming the awesomeness of Loyola New Orleans.

USCme2

Postby USCme2 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:45 pm

Wow, LSU Lawless...you are nothing short of INSANE. If you are the original xoxoth poster, I believe I read somewhere that someone forwarded your bizarre stories to the dean of the law school. I'd laugh soooo damn hard if they'd file suit against you for defamation (considering your massive smear campaign effort). And I'm pretty sure they'd track you down just like that college kid arrested for the Gov. Palin incident now served hard time in prison.

Haha, I'd bet you'd probably even plea insanity...hahaha...that would be absolutely hilarious!

And Mulliganstew, what exactly are you talkin about, this thread is all about this crazy kid's remarks. Are we reading the same thread? Where are the first time posters and the fluffers (cuz I definitely don't see them)? Are you supposed to be one of them? Huh?

LSU Lawless

Postby LSU Lawless » Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:36 pm

Well there USCme2, you may not be aware, but an ultimately successful civil action against me by any of the people I named in my blog was not a possibility the day I began it.

As a matter of law, some of the people and situations I describe would have had to be proven not to have happened.
Last edited by LSU Lawless on Mon May 04, 2009 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

seandiller

Postby seandiller » Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:40 pm

So, I've been accepted at Loyola! And they're giving me a nice chunk of dough to go there...which it seems is pretty customary. Anyway, I'm pretty pumped about it.

What I'm not pumped about is the possibility that some nutbar is going to be wandering around campus all the time with a microphone in his pants trying to record conversations with people who may or may not like him! (as evidence of either sentiment is equally damning to the person recorded.)

That would just be weird...and I didn't think about that possibility until I read this forum.

So good job, website! You've provided information that The Princeton Review couldn't: There is a serious nutbar who can't stop thinking about this place. (like seven years later!)

Also, has anyone lived on campus? Is that a viable place to call home, or should I just get an apartment?

LSU Lawless

Postby LSU Lawless » Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:06 am

Seandiller...

Wave at me pal, you'll be seeing me.

Aberzombie1892

Postby Aberzombie1892 » Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:52 pm

Yeah LSU Lawless seems pretty crazy. But Loyola is a good school regardless. It's not as good as Tulane, but it is still above average. Yeah apparently there was a poor choice in the mentioned starting salary average of $135,000 for Tulane (top 25%). However, I strongly doubt the top 25% of Loyola break $100,000. Tulane places really well nationally actually (less than 23% in state - 28% northeast - 15% west) - Loyola is more regional (LA, MS, TN, TX, maybe GA). I would suggest anyone try Tulane before Loyola simply because they cost almost the same yet Tulane is so much... "better" in all aspects. Loyola gets a bad reputation simply because it is so close to Tulane and thus cannot avoid direct comparisons. Loyola is way easier to get into - if you have say a 2.8 and a 145, an acceptance would not be out of the question. At Tulane a 3.2 and a 156 will probably get you a "Sorry, try again next year or good luck with your career." Always remember that while you are going to a school for what the school offers, you never know what your peers will end up doing (higher level schools = higher quality students = better careers for students = better connections)

Case2L

Postby Case2L » Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:09 pm

LSU lawless is quite an interesting character. He posts on multiple law school forums under multiple screen names and has been on this kick for a while now. You can check out his blog here (though it hasn't been updated in a while):

http://www.jdmal.blogspot.com/

LSU Lawless

Postby LSU Lawless » Sun May 03, 2009 3:04 pm

Aberzombie1892 wrote:Yeah LSU Lawless seems pretty crazy. But Loyola is a good school regardless. It's not as good as Tulane, but it is still above average.

Man, it is a third tier school. Do you understand the mathematical concept of an average? If there are around 186 law schools and Loyola Law New Orleans is not in the top 100, how could Loyola Law New Orleans be above average?
What a dumbass.

My livejournal: http://erniemenard.livejournal.com/ It's not so live anymore. I have nothing left to say that wouldn't needlessly embarrass people.

TexasJJKernal

Postby TexasJJKernal » Fri May 15, 2009 12:02 am

^ "LSU Lawless" is a complete nut...

LSU Lawless, your name precedes you. I heard about the whole xoxoth thing and, wow, you are nothing short of INSANE. No offense, buddy, but you should be locked up. I hope you realize that. I think they call your sickness "paranoid schizophrenia"...that is...when you think that every girl you come into contact with is trying to molest you, that teachers are conspiring against you, that there are hidden cameras following your every movement, that you attended every law school in Louisiana (yes, that's four law schools you've claimed to have attended) and when you think that by writing loads and loads of crap in forums like this people will actually believe your stories.

If your story wasn't so incredibly disturbing (since you really do exist) it would make for some good fiction reading. But, seriously dude, GET SOME HELP!

That said, Loyola University School of Law in New Orleans IS a good school!

Detail

Postby Detail » Fri May 15, 2009 2:32 am

TexasJJKernal wrote:
That said, Loyola University School of Law in New Orleans IS a good school!

But they put cameras in bathroom stalls!! :(

This is easily the weirdest series of posts I've ever read anywhere.
Last edited by Detail on Fri May 15, 2009 2:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

mallard

Postby mallard » Fri May 15, 2009 2:33 am

Oh my god, Ernie Menard's here?

LSU Lawless

Postby LSU Lawless » Fri May 15, 2009 1:32 pm

I'm not the one with the problem here on this forum, people that believe that they have an interest in how Loyola Law School is perceived have the problem. People on forums like this can mis-state and exaggerate what I claim happened as much as they care to. It doesn't matter.

Search the case law. Similar things have happened to other people. Among differences that you'll find is that none of the cases -as far as I can recall at this time as of the time I did the research -Spring 2003 -concerned sexual harassment occurring at law schools. Of course, I wasn't using Westlaw or Lexis, but still. (Especially considering that neither search engine is 100% comprehensive.) That's none, do you understand the word none?

Loyola University has a problem.

Update February 2010: and the shitshow rolls on - Let me introduce to you the one and only Judge Morvant
http://www.google.com/#hl=en&source=hp& ... fp=1&cad=b

Tall

Postby Tall » Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:33 am

Tip- Move on.

LSU Lawless

Postby LSU Lawless » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:34 pm

So, you think I ought to spell out some more specific instances of what I perceive to be judicial malfeasance? Judge Sarah Vance's questionable joinder of my action with another plaintiff, perhaps? Or the disappearance of another motion in a different Louisiana District Court? Well, I'll be posting all that sometime.

Generic20101L

Postby Generic20101L » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:50 pm

This is my favorite thread on this board.

darknightbegins

Postby darknightbegins » Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:40 am

Fuck man. Deans jacking off. Homosexuals being threatened with criminal prosecution. I guess I missed alot on my visit to LSU last week.

Tall

Postby Tall » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:26 am

Sounds like a hell of a time to me. Just like what happens at rest stops. (Barry Zuckerkorn)
<-------

LSU Lawless

Postby LSU Lawless » Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:40 am

Well, I've been thinking about it and what I've decided is that I'd like to park on a public street and read the newspaper every morning this fall of 2010. Directly in front of the law school.

You'll notice my Dodge pickup is the worse, but not all for merely the wear. Some of the 'worse' is from intentional acts, by persons unknown, for reasons unknown.

Generic20101L

Postby Generic20101L » Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:24 pm

You aren't crazy at all.

existenz

Postby existenz » Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:11 am

LSU Lawless wrote:Well, I've been thinking about it and what I've decided is that I'd like to park on a public street and read the newspaper every morning this fall of 2010. Directly in front of the law school.

You'll notice my Dodge pickup is the worse, but not all for merely the wear. Some of the 'worse' is from intentional acts, by persons unknown, for reasons unknown.

Hey man, you win for craziest poster I've seen yet. With only 17 posts in four years, that's impressive.

My guess is they were staring at your pants not because they videotaped the bathroom, but because you pissed yourself and didn't realize it.

capitalacq

Postby capitalacq » Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:27 pm

gotta bookmark this shitshow

dresden doll

Postby dresden doll » Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:29 pm

LOLOLOLOL.

I have the urge to repost bits and pieces of LSU's blog here too but will refrain.

volfan6415

Postby volfan6415 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:02 am

LSU Lawless wrote:Well, I've been thinking about it and what I've decided is that I'd like to park on a public street and read the newspaper every morning this fall of 2010. Directly in front of the law school.

OK LSU Lawless....I go to Tulane law and walk by Loyola law school everyday on my way to class.....I'll make sure to look for you then report back to TLS whether or not you were there....I promise pictures if I see your truck......

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”