Wake Law Students taking Questions!!!

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
PirateCap'n

Re: Wake Law Students taking Questions!!!

Postby PirateCap'n » Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:17 pm

NarwhalPunter wrote:They had better post them tomorrow. My fragile sanity can't make it through the weekend.

Also, does anyone else remember Career Services saying that on June 3 we would be able to see which firms are coming to OCI? I am pretty sure it was at the same meeting where they handed out the sheet with the interview program dates and talked to us about the write-on.

If so...big day.

Pretty sure they lied about the OCI stuff. It's not up. Maybe soon though.

moandersen

Postby moandersen » Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:55 pm

Finally got all my grades. Im nothing compared to the rest of you (damn over-achievers), but Im very happy with my 2nd semester performance. Hopefully the grade distribution tightens up a bit so I can sneak into the top 25%. :mrgreen:

PirateCap'n

Postby PirateCap'n » Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:40 pm

moandersen wrote:Finally got all my grades. Im nothing compared to the rest of you (damn over-achievers), but Im very happy with my 2nd semester performance. Hopefully the grade distribution tightens up a bit so I can sneak into the top 25%. :mrgreen:

Congrats!

NarwhalPunter

Postby NarwhalPunter » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:45 am

Hot rumor is that OCI/off campus interview program firms will be viewable a week from today on Symplicity.

PirateCap'n

Postby PirateCap'n » Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:48 pm

NarwhalPunter wrote:Hot rumor is that OCI/off campus interview program firms will be viewable a week from today on Symplicity.

Here's to hoping. I'll be happy when we can just get our ranks though.

Nailjohnj

Postby Nailjohnj » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:03 pm

Ok, so I am not able to go up for the HH this weekend, so I am now behind the curve looking for a 1 bedroom apartment. I was hoping to find out if anyone knows anything about the Pines at Bethbara. It seems reasonably priced, nice condos, and close enough to campus that I could bike (on the not freezing days). Am I just crazy about this? Any other good options for apartments that someone can direct me to that will still have 1 bedrooms apartments?

Also, would it be too far to be at Holy Ave. and Spring St.? It is downtown W-S and a nice looking apartment, but would it be too far for the 1L year?

Thanks for the help y'all

moandersen

Postby moandersen » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:28 pm

PirateCap'n wrote:
NarwhalPunter wrote:Hot rumor is that OCI/off campus interview program firms will be viewable a week from today on Symplicity.

any idea when that will be?

not that I really need it asap, but I do need to send an updated resume by the end of the month to a program I applied to.

SteelyDan

Postby SteelyDan » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:39 pm

Nailjohnj wrote:Ok, so I am not able to go up for the HH this weekend, so I am now behind the curve looking for a 1 bedroom apartment. I was hoping to find out if anyone knows anything about the Pines at Bethbara. It seems reasonably priced, nice condos, and close enough to campus that I could bike (on the not freezing days). Am I just crazy about this? Any other good options for apartments that someone can direct me to that will still have 1 bedrooms apartments?

Also, would it be too far to be at Holy Ave. and Spring St.? It is downtown W-S and a nice looking apartment, but would it be too far for the 1L year?

Thanks for the help y'all

I looked at The Pines a few weeks ago and it's very nice. Seems like a quiet neighborhood. Only problem I had was that it's not (currently) on the Wake shuttle, but if you plan on biking that won't be an issue. Call them soon though, they didn't have many units available when I was there.

PirateCap'n

Postby PirateCap'n » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:39 pm

moandersen wrote:
PirateCap'n wrote:

any idea when that will be?

not that I really need it asap, but I do need to send an updated resume by the end of the month to a program I applied to.

Only thing I've heard is hopefully later this week.

placencia

Postby placencia » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:22 pm

Rank will be out early next week. There are still some issues with a few students' grades.

Barbie

Postby Barbie » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:44 pm

Can a North Carolina native PM me? Or someone who has lived there a while? I have some questions not directly related to law school I need answered and dk where to turn! :D

PirateCap'n

Postby PirateCap'n » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:11 pm

Barbie wrote:Can a North Carolina native PM me? Or someone who has lived there a while? I have some questions not directly related to law school I need answered and dk where to turn! :D

PM sent.

jdemmitt

Postby jdemmitt » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:56 pm

You showoffs and your having grades. We 0ls only have apprehension. Curses!

PirateCap'n

Postby PirateCap'n » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:59 pm

jdemmitt wrote:You showoffs and your having grades. We 0ls only have apprehension. Curses!

Don't worry. Y'all will get yours in due time. Trust me, waiting for grades and ranks is nothing but stress. It's definitely not something to look forward to (other than in the sense that it means that 1L is OVER!).

girlonfire

Postby girlonfire » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:54 am

PirateCap'n wrote:
jdemmitt wrote:You showoffs and your having grades. We 0ls only have apprehension. Curses!

Don't worry. Y'all will get yours in due time. Trust me, waiting for grades and ranks is nothing but stress. It's definitely not something to look forward to (other than in the sense that it means that 1L is OVER!).

I'd imagine it's no worse than waiting for an lsat score, and then waiting for your status checkers to change :lol:

PirateCap'n

Postby PirateCap'n » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:34 am

girlonfire wrote:
PirateCap'n wrote:

I'd imagine it's no worse than waiting for an lsat score, and then waiting for your status checkers to change :lol:

Oh, but it is. Good comparison, but grades are 10x worse....at least you have some control over your LSAT. Grades are a whole lot more random (or so it seems).

whenpigsfly

Postby whenpigsfly » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:37 am

PirateCap'n wrote:Oh, but it is. Good comparison, but grades are 10x worse....at least you have some control over your LSAT. Grades are a whole lot more random (or so it seems).

QFT. SO much worse. Especially if you have a absolutely terrible first semester 1L year (like me!), as the pressure to pull up your GPA is pretty crushing. And the stress is there for all 6 semesters, too. Isn't law school fun?!

I'm going to go ahead and speculate that waiting for bar exam results will be even worse. After two weeks of studying, I'm already sure that I won't be able to study for this thing twice, so waiting for results to see if I passed might just kill me.

placencia

Postby placencia » Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:16 pm

Thought I would update on ranking info. They may be available as early as tomorrow. Things got worked out.

NarwhalPunter

Postby NarwhalPunter » Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:18 pm

The LSAT would be pretty comparable if it cost $50k to take.

Rank might be available by tomorrow at the registrar.

moandersen

Postby moandersen » Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:28 pm

NarwhalPunter wrote:Rank might be available by tomorrow at the registrar.

what about online? I wont be in w-s during the registrar's working hours until mid-July, so will the rank also be present on win?

placencia

Postby placencia » Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:10 pm

No. You will need to complete a transcript request form, which you can find online and print out, and then they can get it to you.

NCtoDC

Postby NCtoDC » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:03 pm

Any of you have any insight on the Georgetown Condos or Ramsgate Condos? They are near the intersection of Coliseum Dr. and University Pkwy.

SteelyDan

Postby SteelyDan » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:54 pm

NCtoDC wrote:Any of you have any insight on the Georgetown Condos or Ramsgate Condos? They are near the intersection of Coliseum Dr. and University Pkwy.

Drove through Georgetown but didn't have an appointment to see the inside of a unit. They look ok, but the barbed wired fences gave me the impression that the neighborhood may not be the greatest. Check it out though, I'm definitely judging it by the cover.

NCtoDC

Postby NCtoDC » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:44 pm

SteelyDan wrote:
NCtoDC wrote:Any of you have any insight on the Georgetown Condos or Ramsgate Condos? They are near the intersection of Coliseum Dr. and University Pkwy.

Drove through Georgetown but didn't have an appointment to see the inside of a unit. They look ok, but the barbed wired fences gave me the impression that the neighborhood may not be the greatest. Check it out though, I'm definitely judging it by the cover.

Yeah, I have driven through there as well. That is why I was asking; the barbed wire freaked me out a little too, lol. I was thinking that could be because of the golf course??? According to the W-S crime statistics page there doesn't seem to be any trouble there. I wonder if you can call the Police Dept. and ask them specifically if it is a good place?

jetergrl2ss

Postby jetergrl2ss » Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:09 am

NCtoDC wrote:
SteelyDan wrote:

Yeah, I have driven through there as well. That is why I was asking; the barbed wire freaked me out a little too, lol. I was thinking that could be because of the golf course??? According to the W-S crime statistics page there doesn't seem to be any trouble there. I wonder if you can call the Police Dept. and ask them specifically if it is a good place?

Sure wouldn't hurt to try!

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”