Cornell 1L taking questions

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
User avatar
TopLaw_Diva
Posts: 76
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:12 pm

Re: Cornell 1L taking questions

Postby TopLaw_Diva » Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:29 pm

Also are ZipCars offered on campus or nearby?

jxk
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:01 pm

Re: Cornell 1L taking questions

Postby jxk » Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:37 pm

TopLaw_Diva wrote:As a SoCal girl who loves to shop...are there any nearby malls or shopping centers, movie theaters, banks? What stores do they have (Macy's, Nordstrom, JCPenny? Also is there a place to shop for household necessities like Wal-Mart, Target, Best Buy? How far would you say this is from campus? And is it doable via the bus/shuttle?


two words for you: online shopping

the shopping in ithaca is dismal. DISMAL. i love to shop too and trust me, there is little worth buying around ithaca. the destination on weekends is the pyramid mall, which is easily accessibly by bus. however, the mall has actually gotten worse over the past four years, if that's even possible. during my first 3 years of UG, the only interesting stores were abercrombie, victorias secret, bath and body works, american eagle outfitters and uh..yeah..thats it. there's also an old navy but i don't really shop there. by the time i graduated this past may, the abercrombie had closed. the only department store in the mall is some chain called bon ton and it sucks ass. the only thing bon ton is good for is getting makeup (all the usual department store brands - lancome, clinique, etc.) otherwise, it is an absolute waste of shopping space. there are also a bunch of random stores, like an amish goods store (?), a pet store, borders, several really bad shoe stores. there is a target attached to the mall so getting basics like shampoo and toilet paper are pretty convenient. there is also a wal mart in ithaca but that is only accessible by car or by the special "shopping" bus that runs from 3-7 on weekends. i think the movie theater is really close to the mall but im not sure how close since i only went there once during my freshman year.

the only other place that might be interesting to shop at are a couple of boutiques in the commons and collegetown. there is a pookie and sebastian in the commons that carries some more comtemporary brands and there is a boutique in collegetown next to sangam (the indian restaurant) that might have some interesting stuff. there is another boutique next to the apt building where i used to live, collegetown court but i dont remember its name. the commons is very easy to get to by bus and its a super short ride. collegetown is probably where you'll be living so that's not a big deal.

but thats pretty much...it. if you really want to shop and you have a car, you can drive to syracuse, which is only about an hour and a half away and go to the carousel mall, which is much better than pyramid mall. it has h&m, banana republic, j crew and a bunch of other stores. impretty sure they have a department store as well but i dont remember which one it is. and of course, if you have the time to take a weekend trip, nyc is only 5 hours away by shortline bus and there is much shopping to be done there.

User avatar
TopLaw_Diva
Posts: 76
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:12 pm

Re: Cornell 1L taking questions

Postby TopLaw_Diva » Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:41 pm

jxk wrote:
TopLaw_Diva wrote:As a SoCal girl who loves to shop...are there any nearby malls or shopping centers, movie theaters, banks? What stores do they have (Macy's, Nordstrom, JCPenny? Also is there a place to shop for household necessities like Wal-Mart, Target, Best Buy? How far would you say this is from campus? And is it doable via the bus/shuttle?


two words for you: online shopping

the shopping in ithaca is dismal. DISMAL. i love to shop too and trust me, there is little worth buying around ithaca. the destination on weekends is the pyramid mall, which is easily accessibly by bus. however, the mall has actually gotten worse over the past four years, if that's even possible. during my first 3 years of UG, the only interesting stores were abercrombie, victorias secret, bath and body works, american eagle outfitters and uh..yeah..thats it. there's also an old navy but i don't really shop there. by the time i graduated this past may, the abercrombie had closed. the only department store in the mall is some chain called bon ton and it sucks ass. the only thing bon ton is good for is getting makeup (all the usual department store brands - lancome, clinique, etc.) otherwise, it is an absolute waste of shopping space. there are also a bunch of random stores, like an amish goods store (?), a pet store, borders, several really bad shoe stores. there is a target attached to the mall so getting basics like shampoo and toilet paper are pretty convenient. there is also a wal mart in ithaca but that is only accessible by car or by the special "shopping" bus that runs from 3-7 on weekends. i think the movie theater is really close to the mall but im not sure how close since i only went there once during my freshman year.

the only other place that might be interesting to shop at are a couple of boutiques in the commons and collegetown. there is a pookie and sebastian in the commons that carries some more comtemporary brands and there is a boutique in collegetown next to sangam (the indian restaurant) that might have some interesting stuff. there is another boutique next to the apt building where i used to live, collegetown court but i dont remember its name. the commons is very easy to get to by bus and its a super short ride. collegetown is probably where you'll be living so that's not a big deal.

but thats pretty much...it. if you really want to shop and you have a car, you can drive to syracuse, which is only about an hour and a half away and go to the carousel mall, which is much better than pyramid mall. it has h&m, banana republic, j crew and a bunch of other stores. impretty sure they have a department store as well but i dont remember which one it is. and of course, if you have the time to take a weekend trip, nyc is only 5 hours away by shortline bus and there is much shopping to be done there.



Thanks...this really makes me sad

jxk
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:01 pm

Re: Cornell 1L taking questions

Postby jxk » Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:44 pm

TopLaw_Diva wrote:OMG...you have got to be kidding me. You're right I shouldn't be shopping but I at least like to know its there. Where do you all go for clothes? Let's say if you needed a new suit for an interview? Also is there a movie theater and does it play current movies?

When would you all suggest looking for places to live? I am still waiting to hear back from quite a few other schools and don't want to jump the gun...

Thanks so much for the quick responses
Still in shock about not even having a JCPenny? How about an OldNavy or Forever 21? (I'm desperate here)


it's ok, i felt the same way when i realized i had early decisioned myself into four years at a retail wasteland.

there's no forever 21. sad but true.

where do we all get our clothes? im from nyc, so i'd shop like there was no tomorrow during breaks. if you need a suit, buy it over break. and as i said, online shopping will be your best friend. i forgot to mention that there is a new york and company in the mall as well, so i guess if you were really in a bind, you could get a suit there. they aren't cut very well though.

Mercury
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:13 pm

Re: Cornell 1L taking questions

Postby Mercury » Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:48 pm

Concord72 wrote:ok im in hs and i got a question about class selection. Does every1 take all the same classes thru law school or do u take a core set and then take chosen specialized classes? What i want to kno is when and how do u choose wat type of law u wanna specialize in. like for example, if i wanna do sports law, is there a special class i gotta go to for that?


With your grammar and current level of education, you should be looking at top-vocational-schools.com

User avatar
TopLaw_Diva
Posts: 76
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:12 pm

Re: Cornell 1L taking questions

Postby TopLaw_Diva » Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:57 pm

jxk wrote:
TopLaw_Diva wrote:OMG...you have got to be kidding me. You're right I shouldn't be shopping but I at least like to know its there. Where do you all go for clothes? Let's say if you needed a new suit for an interview? Also is there a movie theater and does it play current movies?

When would you all suggest looking for places to live? I am still waiting to hear back from quite a few other schools and don't want to jump the gun...

Thanks so much for the quick responses
Still in shock about not even having a JCPenny? How about an OldNavy or Forever 21? (I'm desperate here)


it's ok, i felt the same way when i realized i had early decisioned myself into four years at a retail wasteland.

there's no forever 21. sad but true.

where do we all get our clothes? im from nyc, so i'd shop like there was no tomorrow during breaks. if you need a suit, buy it over break. and as i said, online shopping will be your best friend. i forgot to mention that there is a new york and company in the mall as well, so i guess if you were really in a bind, you could get a suit there. they aren't cut very well though.



I guess this brings me to my next question...what is the dress code for class? I know at some schools you have to come dressed to the nines everyday...I am really hoping this isnt the case bcuz I will likely be walking in the snow to class?

Also--Is it hard having class every single day? I couldn't imagine not having at least 1 day off to just study and regroup

LeahNic
Posts: 254
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:10 pm

Re: Cornell 1L taking questions

Postby LeahNic » Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:06 pm

TopLaw_Diva wrote:
jxk wrote:
TopLaw_Diva wrote:OMG...you have got to be kidding me. You're right I shouldn't be shopping but I at least like to know its there. Where do you all go for clothes? Let's say if you needed a new suit for an interview? Also is there a movie theater and does it play current movies?

When would you all suggest looking for places to live? I am still waiting to hear back from quite a few other schools and don't want to jump the gun...

Thanks so much for the quick responses
Still in shock about not even having a JCPenny? How about an OldNavy or Forever 21? (I'm desperate here)


it's ok, i felt the same way when i realized i had early decisioned myself into four years at a retail wasteland.

there's no forever 21. sad but true.

where do we all get our clothes? im from nyc, so i'd shop like there was no tomorrow during breaks. if you need a suit, buy it over break. and as i said, online shopping will be your best friend. i forgot to mention that there is a new york and company in the mall as well, so i guess if you were really in a bind, you could get a suit there. they aren't cut very well though.



I guess this brings me to my next question...what is the dress code for class? I know at some schools you have to come dressed to the nines everyday...I am really hoping this isnt the case bcuz I will likely be walking in the snow to class?

Also--Is it hard having class every single day? I couldn't imagine not having at least 1 day off to just study and regroup


Definitely no class dress code. Way too many females wear leggings every day without long enough shirts. I've tried campaigning for "tights are not pants" but it hasnt seemed to work. But no worries on a dress code, you can pretty much wear anything you want to class.

I wear jeans and snow boots pretty much every day.

IF you need a suit -- definitely buy it over break. I needed one last week and I went everywhere in Ithaca, not one single store had even anything resembling a suit. I did forget about the Talbots, but I never shop there anyway. Kohls, Sears, The Bon Ton-- I figured they would at least have something that matched on top and bottom. FALSE.

Class every day is fine. You get used to it. Jobs are 5 days a week, so it's good practice.

The NY&Co is not in the mall anymore to my knowledge unless it miraculously escaped my eye last week. There is a Gap, Old Navy and VS, but none are very big.

The movie theater is IN the mall, and yes it shows current movies.

User avatar
TopLaw_Diva
Posts: 76
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:12 pm

Re: Cornell 1L taking questions

Postby TopLaw_Diva » Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:18 pm

LeahNic wrote:
TopLaw_Diva wrote:
jxk wrote:
TopLaw_Diva wrote:OMG...you have got to be kidding me. You're right I shouldn't be shopping but I at least like to know its there. Where do you all go for clothes? Let's say if you needed a new suit for an interview? Also is there a movie theater and does it play current movies?

When would you all suggest looking for places to live? I am still waiting to hear back from quite a few other schools and don't want to jump the gun...

Thanks so much for the quick responses
Still in shock about not even having a JCPenny? How about an OldNavy or Forever 21? (I'm desperate here)


it's ok, i felt the same way when i realized i had early decisioned myself into four years at a retail wasteland.

there's no forever 21. sad but true.

where do we all get our clothes? im from nyc, so i'd shop like there was no tomorrow during breaks. if you need a suit, buy it over break. and as i said, online shopping will be your best friend. i forgot to mention that there is a new york and company in the mall as well, so i guess if you were really in a bind, you could get a suit there. they aren't cut very well though.



I guess this brings me to my next question...what is the dress code for class? I know at some schools you have to come dressed to the nines everyday...I am really hoping this isnt the case bcuz I will likely be walking in the snow to class?

Also--Is it hard having class every single day? I couldn't imagine not having at least 1 day off to just study and regroup


Definitely no class dress code. Way too many females wear leggings every day without long enough shirts. I've tried campaigning for "tights are not pants" but it hasnt seemed to work. But no worries on a dress code, you can pretty much wear anything you want to class.

I wear jeans and snow boots pretty much every day.

IF you need a suit -- definitely buy it over break. I needed one last week and I went everywhere in Ithaca, not one single store had even anything resembling a suit. I did forget about the Talbots, but I never shop there anyway. Kohls, Sears, The Bon Ton-- I figured they would at least have something that matched on top and bottom. FALSE.

Class every day is fine. You get used to it. Jobs are 5 days a week, so it's good practice.

The NY&Co is not in the mall anymore to my knowledge unless it miraculously escaped my eye last week. There is a Gap, Old Navy and VS, but none are very big.

The movie theater is IN the mall, and yes it shows current movies.



Thanks I really appreciate it...I am already nervous and scared about moving all the way across the country to a small town with extremely cold weather...I used to say that I wanted something different and boy did I get it...No more flip flops for me..LOL!!

User avatar
como
Posts: 512
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:41 pm

Re: Cornell 1L taking questions

Postby como » Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:23 pm

I would be happy to show any of my future classmates around the 'cuse. I was born and raised in Syracuse, and I'm living here right now. The mall is a little overrated, but they have a few staple stores. There is a Lord & Taylor, which carries some of your slightly more stylish stuff. I think they have BCBG and Coach and Bebe and stuff. I don't know too much about women's clothing.

There are quite a few boutiques downtown that have some more fresh stuff, and there is a pretty decent little store off the SU campus that sells the seven, true religion, diesel type stuff.

User avatar
neskerdoo
Posts: 599
Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:13 am

Re: Cornell 1L taking questions

Postby neskerdoo » Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:55 pm

besides the movies at the mall, I would like to plug the little arthouse at which I recently saw the awesometacular Let the Right One In... and at what schools must one "dress to the nines"? Speaking of the Nines, that is a tasty food joint here...

jxk
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:01 pm

Re: Cornell 1L taking questions

Postby jxk » Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:00 pm

neskerdoo wrote:besides the movies at the mall, I would like to plug the little arthouse at which I recently saw the awesometacular Let the Right One In... and at what schools must one "dress to the nines"? Speaking of the Nines, that is a tasty food joint here...


with the longest wait ever? lol

User avatar
TopLaw_Diva
Posts: 76
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:12 pm

Re: Cornell 1L taking questions

Postby TopLaw_Diva » Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:02 pm

neskerdoo wrote:besides the movies at the mall, I would like to plug the little arthouse at which I recently saw the awesometacular Let the Right One In... and at what schools must one "dress to the nines"? Speaking of the Nines, that is a tasty food joint here...


I attend a conservative school near the beach (trying to be discreet but failing miserably) and a lot of the law students wear suits everyday...or maybe those are the business kids..I digress

User avatar
como
Posts: 512
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:41 pm

Re: Cornell 1L taking questions

Postby como » Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:26 pm

Pepperdine...

hieveryone
Posts: 30
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:00 am

Re: Cornell 1L taking questions

Postby hieveryone » Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:42 pm

TopLaw_Diva wrote:
Thanks I really appreciate it...I am already nervous and scared about moving all the way across the country to a small town with extremely cold weather...I used to say that I wanted something different and boy did I get it...No more flip flops for me..LOL!!


Hah I definitely feel where you're coming from. I'm from the LA area and I'm definitely a little bit apprehensive about living in Ithaca for a couple of years. But I figure that 1)How fun a place is is dependent on the people. So hopefully Cornell has that covered. and 2) It's only 3 years and hell, maybe we'll love the place. Or worse case scenario, we'll just really appreciate So-cal when we get back.

User avatar
como
Posts: 512
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:41 pm

Re: Cornell 1L taking questions

Postby como » Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:02 pm

I think you guys will be pleasantly surprised.

User avatar
ArsenalGunner
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:55 pm

Re: Cornell 1L taking questions

Postby ArsenalGunner » Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:17 pm

TopLaw_Diva wrote:
jxk wrote:
TopLaw_Diva wrote:As a SoCal girl who loves to shop...are there any nearby malls or shopping centers, movie theaters, banks? What stores do they have (Macy's, Nordstrom, JCPenny? Also is there a place to shop for household necessities like Wal-Mart, Target, Best Buy? How far would you say this is from campus? And is it doable via the bus/shuttle?


two words for you: online shopping

the shopping in ithaca is dismal. DISMAL. i love to shop too and trust me, there is little worth buying around ithaca. the destination on weekends is the pyramid mall, which is easily accessibly by bus. however, the mall has actually gotten worse over the past four years, if that's even possible. during my first 3 years of UG, the only interesting stores were abercrombie, victorias secret, bath and body works, american eagle outfitters and uh..yeah..thats it. there's also an old navy but i don't really shop there. by the time i graduated this past may, the abercrombie had closed. the only department store in the mall is some chain called bon ton and it sucks ass. the only thing bon ton is good for is getting makeup (all the usual department store brands - lancome, clinique, etc.) otherwise, it is an absolute waste of shopping space. there are also a bunch of random stores, like an amish goods store (?), a pet store, borders, several really bad shoe stores. there is a target attached to the mall so getting basics like shampoo and toilet paper are pretty convenient. there is also a wal mart in ithaca but that is only accessible by car or by the special "shopping" bus that runs from 3-7 on weekends. i think the movie theater is really close to the mall but im not sure how close since i only went there once during my freshman year.

the only other place that might be interesting to shop at are a couple of boutiques in the commons and collegetown. there is a pookie and sebastian in the commons that carries some more comtemporary brands and there is a boutique in collegetown next to sangam (the indian restaurant) that might have some interesting stuff. there is another boutique next to the apt building where i used to live, collegetown court but i dont remember its name. the commons is very easy to get to by bus and its a super short ride. collegetown is probably where you'll be living so that's not a big deal.

but thats pretty much...it. if you really want to shop and you have a car, you can drive to syracuse, which is only about an hour and a half away and go to the carousel mall, which is much better than pyramid mall. it has h&m, banana republic, j crew and a bunch of other stores. impretty sure they have a department store as well but i dont remember which one it is. and of course, if you have the time to take a weekend trip, nyc is only 5 hours away by shortline bus and there is much shopping to be done there.



Thanks...this really makes me sad


Same here! An hour and a half away??! :shock: :shock:.... Weekend carpools? lol
Question- Do most/some law students have part-time jobs? where? Im assuming not everyone can work on campus, I was thinking i would work a nearby mall/boutique but now that im hearing 1.5hrs?? lol

User avatar
como
Posts: 512
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:41 pm

Re: Cornell 1L taking questions

Postby como » Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:20 pm

Syracuse is really only like an hour away (if you take the short-cut through McLean). The mall is probably close to 1 1/4 - 1 1/2 hours though. There is a crappy mall in Ithaca, but nothing worth shopping at.

I don't think you should work part-time for your 1L. The school's official policy is that this is a bad idea, and I would probably agree (0L speaking).

jxk
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:01 pm

Re: Cornell 1L taking questions

Postby jxk » Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:26 pm

ArsenalGunner wrote:
TopLaw_Diva wrote:
jxk wrote:
TopLaw_Diva wrote:As a SoCal girl who loves to shop...are there any nearby malls or shopping centers, movie theaters, banks? What stores do they have (Macy's, Nordstrom, JCPenny? Also is there a place to shop for household necessities like Wal-Mart, Target, Best Buy? How far would you say this is from campus? And is it doable via the bus/shuttle?


two words for you: online shopping

the shopping in ithaca is dismal. DISMAL. i love to shop too and trust me, there is little worth buying around ithaca. the destination on weekends is the pyramid mall, which is easily accessibly by bus. however, the mall has actually gotten worse over the past four years, if that's even possible. during my first 3 years of UG, the only interesting stores were abercrombie, victorias secret, bath and body works, american eagle outfitters and uh..yeah..thats it. there's also an old navy but i don't really shop there. by the time i graduated this past may, the abercrombie had closed. the only department store in the mall is some chain called bon ton and it sucks ass. the only thing bon ton is good for is getting makeup (all the usual department store brands - lancome, clinique, etc.) otherwise, it is an absolute waste of shopping space. there are also a bunch of random stores, like an amish goods store (?), a pet store, borders, several really bad shoe stores. there is a target attached to the mall so getting basics like shampoo and toilet paper are pretty convenient. there is also a wal mart in ithaca but that is only accessible by car or by the special "shopping" bus that runs from 3-7 on weekends. i think the movie theater is really close to the mall but im not sure how close since i only went there once during my freshman year.

the only other place that might be interesting to shop at are a couple of boutiques in the commons and collegetown. there is a pookie and sebastian in the commons that carries some more comtemporary brands and there is a boutique in collegetown next to sangam (the indian restaurant) that might have some interesting stuff. there is another boutique next to the apt building where i used to live, collegetown court but i dont remember its name. the commons is very easy to get to by bus and its a super short ride. collegetown is probably where you'll be living so that's not a big deal.

but thats pretty much...it. if you really want to shop and you have a car, you can drive to syracuse, which is only about an hour and a half away and go to the carousel mall, which is much better than pyramid mall. it has h&m, banana republic, j crew and a bunch of other stores. impretty sure they have a department store as well but i dont remember which one it is. and of course, if you have the time to take a weekend trip, nyc is only 5 hours away by shortline bus and there is much shopping to be done there.



Thanks...this really makes me sad


Same here! An hour and a half away??! :shock: :shock:.... Weekend carpools? lol
Question- Do most/some law students have part-time jobs? where? Im assuming not everyone can work on campus, I was thinking i would work a nearby mall/boutique but now that im hearing 1.5hrs?? lol


i don't know about how many law students have part-time jobs and i dont really think working part time during 1L is a good idea but if you must...there are lots of part time jobs available on campus. i worked part time for three years of UG at the Statler Hotel, which is like a block from the law school. you'd probably make a lot more money there than at any shop or boutique. schedules are also pretty flexible depending on which department you work in. there are also stores in collegetown you can work at, although most are not shops or boutiques. i had a friend who worked at the fitness centers on campus during UG. it sounds like the easiest job in the world - you sit there swiping people's membership cards. i'm sure you could get lots of work done in between swipes =)

another option is to TA for an undergrad law course. there are several offered in the Hotel school and i know the professors hire cornell law students to be TA's. don't know how much they pay, but i think it would look good and it would probably be helpful for you to explain concepts to others.

fsohn
Posts: 233
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:06 pm

Re: Cornell 1L taking questions

Postby fsohn » Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:40 pm

For the men here, the menswear situation is pretty dismal, too. Benjamin Peters is OK, but the selection is really limited, and without any competition, they can charge whatever they want and seem to rarely have sales. There's a Brooks Brothers outlet at the mall in Waterloo about an hour away, which would do in a pinch if you need a new monkey suit. That outlet mall is in general bit disappointing, compared to others I've been to.

The moral of the Ithaca shopping story for anything approaching formalwear is to do it elsewhere if you can. If you are going to fork over hundreds of dollars on a decent new suit, you may as well make sure you actually like it, which, in my experience, just cannot be done by going to only one place. For regular stuff, as long as you know your size, the internet is fine.

As to almost-hilarious dress code question: every time I wear a tie, I get a comment. Except for a French LLM student who is almost absurdly a dandy, and another Scottish LLM who also is, I know of no male that regularly wears a suit here.

User avatar
TopLaw_Diva
Posts: 76
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:12 pm

Re: Cornell 1L taking questions

Postby TopLaw_Diva » Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:41 pm

como wrote:Pepperdine...


:lol:

User avatar
TopLaw_Diva
Posts: 76
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:12 pm

Re: Cornell 1L taking questions

Postby TopLaw_Diva » Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:43 pm

hieveryone wrote:
TopLaw_Diva wrote:
Thanks I really appreciate it...I am already nervous and scared about moving all the way across the country to a small town with extremely cold weather...I used to say that I wanted something different and boy did I get it...No more flip flops for me..LOL!!


Hah I definitely feel where you're coming from. I'm from the LA area and I'm definitely a little bit apprehensive about living in Ithaca for a couple of years. But I figure that 1)How fun a place is is dependent on the people. So hopefully Cornell has that covered. and 2) It's only 3 years and hell, maybe we'll love the place. Or worse case scenario, we'll just really appreciate So-cal when we get back.


I sure hope your right...I guess we will actually have a reason to wear Uggs (sans the obligatory shorts)...lol!!!

User avatar
como
Posts: 512
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:41 pm

Re: Cornell 1L taking questions

Postby como » Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:46 pm

Shorts and uggs?

User avatar
TopLaw_Diva
Posts: 76
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:12 pm

Re: Cornell 1L taking questions

Postby TopLaw_Diva » Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:48 pm

como wrote:Shorts and uggs?



Yes sad but true..now I haven't worn this personally but I have seen it done quite regularly...maybe its something about the juxtaposition of the two that somehow makes it fashionable...I always thought it was just dumb and pretentious.

User avatar
como
Posts: 512
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:41 pm

Re: Cornell 1L taking questions

Postby como » Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:52 pm

This is what happens when an article of clothing gets popular, but is absolutely unnecessary in a certain regional climate. Something tells me that the fashion gods are crying..

LeahNic
Posts: 254
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:10 pm

Re: Cornell 1L taking questions

Postby LeahNic » Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:29 am

TopLaw_Diva wrote:
como wrote:Shorts and uggs?



Yes sad but true..now I haven't worn this personally but I have seen it done quite regularly...maybe its something about the juxtaposition of the two that somehow makes it fashionable...I always thought it was just dumb and pretentious.


Also a popular fashion in 75 degree weather in Houston. Drives me nuts.




Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Commoncourtesy and 3 guests