msblaw89 wrote:Just my opinion
1. Time Warner - about $39 a month but I have one of the upgraded internet packages
2. Not impossible you could def bike or walk no problem in the warmer months, probably wouldn't be too fun right about now. But you get a free bus pass your first year and the bus runs downtown every 9 minutes
3. I have had the iPhone since it was birthed. Currently have the iPhone 5 wouldn't chose anything else
1. That sounds pricey.
2. I have a car, but I'd prefer to walk as much as possible. Do you happen to know if parking sucks when living downtown? Do you know the price of parking permits on campus?
3. What's your monthly bill? Do you know anybody using iPhone with prepaid service?
I think the cheapest is about $19 a month....parking kind of sucks. There are several parking garages and metered parking everywhere ( lifted after 5 and on weekends). I live in a building that has its own lot, so I pay and additional $50 a month for parking. In collegtown, it is not uncommon for parking to be about $200 a month for apartment complexes, but I can't speak for individual landlords. And forget a parking permit on campus.... the only one you are able to buy is no where near the law school and it will cost you and arm and a leg.
Hughes is also gone after next year so I hear....Every area has its own feel. I chose downtown because if I wanted to I could walk to the law school ( but it is a 2 minute drive literally) and it is also close to Wal-Mart, Wegman's, Staples, etc.
Some people LOVE college town, but most of the 1L's I know who live there used to be in a frat house in undergrad and are currently rooming with 5 or so roommates