Cornell 1L taking questions

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
User avatar
oldad
Posts: 118
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:11 am

Re: Cornell 1L taking questions

Postby oldad » Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:39 pm

HBBJohnStamos wrote:Do we really have to buy clickers for Clermont? Where can these be found?


Bookstore. 2L's may be looking to unload some though.

User avatar
Ikki
Posts: 405
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:37 pm

Re: Cornell 1L taking questions

Postby Ikki » Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:55 pm

How does this 2L schedule look?

Crim Pro - Colb
Trusts & Estates - Alexander
Business Orgs- Stout
Labor Law, Practice and Policy - Cornell (means staff?)

User avatar
HBBJohnStamos
Posts: 456
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:13 pm

Re: Cornell 1L taking questions

Postby HBBJohnStamos » Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:57 pm

oldad wrote:
HBBJohnStamos wrote:Do we really have to buy clickers for Clermont? Where can these be found?


Bookstore. 2L's may be looking to unload some though.


tyty

User avatar
Arbiter213
Posts: 2249
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:16 pm

Re: Cornell 1L taking questions

Postby Arbiter213 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:19 pm

paulshortys10 wrote:Can anyone recommend a good barbershop?..looking for that mad men type haircut


The one on the commons does a good job for that.

User avatar
msblaw89
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: Cornell 1L taking questions

Postby msblaw89 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:35 pm

I know all the rising 2Ls are busy... but if you have any free time could you post the evaluations for
Rossi, Freed, Wendel, and Hillman from CLS evals?

User avatar
breadbucket
Posts: 170
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:57 pm

Re: Cornell 1L taking questions

Postby breadbucket » Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:38 pm

msblaw89 wrote:I know all the rising 2Ls are busy... but if you have any free time could you post the evaluations for
Rossi, Freed, Wendel, and Hillman from CLS evals?


Seconded

User avatar
FlanAl
Posts: 1474
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:53 pm

Re: Cornell 1L taking questions

Postby FlanAl » Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:42 pm

Only had hillman. He was a pretty good teacher but he used the exact same jokes form his hornobbok published like 10 years ago when he was covering that material in class, ie feels like he's been giving the EXACT same lecture FOREVER. also he isn't very funny and faking a smile the whole semester got really annoying.

User avatar
mths
Posts: 1098
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:24 am

Re: Cornell 1L taking questions

Postby mths » Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:29 pm

breadbucket wrote:
msblaw89 wrote:I know all the rising 2Ls are busy... but if you have any free time could you post the evaluations for
Rossi, Freed, Wendel, and Hillman from CLS evals?


Seconded

Rossi is a boss. No other way to describe him.

Freed is very nice but you won't learn much.

Wendel is one of my least favorites. Do the reading unless you want to be ridiculed.

Hillman is the essence of Cornell and awesome but do your readings and brief.

User avatar
msblaw89
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: Cornell 1L taking questions

Postby msblaw89 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:35 pm

mths wrote:
breadbucket wrote:
msblaw89 wrote:I know all the rising 2Ls are busy... but if you have any free time could you post the evaluations for
Rossi, Freed, Wendel, and Hillman from CLS evals?


Seconded

Rossi is a boss. No other way to describe him.

Freed is very nice but you won't learn much.

Wendel is one of my least favorites. Do the reading unless you want to be ridiculed.

Hillman is the essence of Cornell and awesome but do your readings and brief.


Thank you

User avatar
msblaw89
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: Cornell 1L taking questions

Postby msblaw89 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:36 pm

Any correlation with who you get for lawyering and making LR?

User avatar
HBBJohnStamos
Posts: 456
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:13 pm

Re: Cornell 1L taking questions

Postby HBBJohnStamos » Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:44 pm

edit
Last edited by HBBJohnStamos on Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Lincoln
Posts: 1029
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:27 pm

Re: Cornell 1L taking questions

Postby Lincoln » Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:49 pm

msblaw89 wrote:Any correlation with who you get for lawyering and making LR?


There are some trends, but not enough to where it's something you should worry about.

I will disagree with mths (whose name is a reference you'll all know soon enough if you don't already), and say that I loved Wendel. He loves what he does and cares about his students, but it's true that he expects you to read and be willing to think and discuss in class.

User avatar
Lincoln
Posts: 1029
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:27 pm

Re: Cornell 1L taking questions

Postby Lincoln » Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:50 pm

HBBJohnStamos wrote:Because clsevals is taking forever to get back to me with a password, could someone give me the lowdown on these profs?

Heise
Eisenberg
Mooney
Meyler


I only had Meyler (aka BAM), who is the nicest professor ever, but from whom I learned pretty much no con law whatsoever.

User avatar
mths
Posts: 1098
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:24 am

Re: Cornell 1L taking questions

Postby mths » Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:59 pm

msblaw89 wrote:Any correlation with who you get for lawyering and making LR?

No

User avatar
mths
Posts: 1098
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:24 am

Re: Cornell 1L taking questions

Postby mths » Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:00 pm

Lincoln wrote:
msblaw89 wrote:Any correlation with who you get for lawyering and making LR?


There are some trends, but not enough to where it's something you should worry about.

I will disagree with mths (whose name is a reference you'll all know soon enough if you don't already), and say that I loved Wendel. He loves what he does and cares about his students, but it's true that he expects you to read and be willing to think and discuss in class.

I had him for ethics. Excruciating.

Re above: Heisenberg is hilarious and easy. Torts is a breeze with him.

User avatar
HBBJohnStamos
Posts: 456
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:13 pm

Re: Cornell 1L taking questions

Postby HBBJohnStamos » Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:02 pm

edit
Last edited by HBBJohnStamos on Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
HBBJohnStamos
Posts: 456
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:13 pm

Re: Cornell 1L taking questions

Postby HBBJohnStamos » Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:03 pm

edit
Last edited by HBBJohnStamos on Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
msblaw89
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: Cornell 1L taking questions

Postby msblaw89 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:06 pm

HBBJohnStamos wrote:
Lincoln wrote:
HBBJohnStamos wrote:Because clsevals is taking forever to get back to me with a password, could someone give me the lowdown on these profs?

Heise
Eisenberg
Mooney
Meyler


I only had Meyler (aka BAM), who is the nicest professor ever, but from whom I learned pretty much no con law whatsoever.

Sheeeeeeyit.

Any reason why Dorf isn't teaching con law anymore?


I heard he was taking a sabbatical to do some research, but will be teaching an upper level course

User avatar
mths
Posts: 1098
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:24 am

Re: Cornell 1L taking questions

Postby mths » Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:08 pm

HBBJohnStamos wrote:
mths wrote:Re above: Heisenberg is hilarious and easy. Torts is a breeze with him.


Wait, I have torts with Heise, contracts with Eisenberg.

I meant heise. iPad autocorrected.

User avatar
HBBJohnStamos
Posts: 456
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:13 pm

Re: Cornell 1L taking questions

Postby HBBJohnStamos » Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:10 pm

TYTY everyone.

User avatar
Lincoln
Posts: 1029
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:27 pm

Re: Cornell 1L taking questions

Postby Lincoln » Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:10 pm

HBBJohnStamos wrote:
Lincoln wrote:
HBBJohnStamos wrote:Because clsevals is taking forever to get back to me with a password, could someone give me the lowdown on these profs?

Heise
Eisenberg
Mooney
Meyler


I only had Meyler (aka BAM), who is the nicest professor ever, but from whom I learned pretty much no con law whatsoever.

Sheeeeeeyit.

Any reason why Dorf isn't teaching con law anymore?


Yes. He is on sabbatical in the spring, so they moved fed courts to the fall. If he had to teach and grade two massive classes he would be too swamped to publish all that brilliant shit he churns out every year that makes him a superstar. They also moved sec regs to the fall, leaving for us 2Ls and 3Ls basically nothing but biblical law and directed readings in the spring, since all the substantive shit I actually need to know is scheduled for conflicting times in the fall.

/rant about the only downside of being at a small school.

User avatar
mths
Posts: 1098
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:24 am

Re: Cornell 1L taking questions

Postby mths » Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:33 pm

Lincoln wrote:
HBBJohnStamos wrote:
Lincoln wrote:
HBBJohnStamos wrote:Because clsevals is taking forever to get back to me with a password, could someone give me the lowdown on these profs?

Heise
Eisenberg
Mooney
Meyler


I only had Meyler (aka BAM), who is the nicest professor ever, but from whom I learned pretty much no con law whatsoever.

Sheeeeeeyit.

Any reason why Dorf isn't teaching con law anymore?


Yes. He is on sabbatical in the spring, so they moved fed courts to the fall. If he had to teach and grade two massive classes he would be too swamped to publish all that brilliant shit he churns out every year that makes him a superstar. They also moved sec regs to the fall, leaving for us 2Ls and 3Ls basically nothing but biblical law and directed readings in the spring, since all the substantive shit I actually need to know is scheduled for conflicting times in the fall.

/rant about the only downside of being at a small school.

Psa: you don't need to know any of that

User avatar
Lincoln
Posts: 1029
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:27 pm

Re: Cornell 1L taking questions

Postby Lincoln » Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:34 pm

mths wrote:Psa: you don't need to know any of that


True. Sorry, got carried away.

User avatar
msblaw89
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: Cornell 1L taking questions

Postby msblaw89 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:40 pm

Still trying to figure out mths...

User avatar
mths
Posts: 1098
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:24 am

Re: Cornell 1L taking questions

Postby mths » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:02 pm

msblaw89 wrote:Still trying to figure out mths...

Myron Taylor high school




Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests