msblaw89 wrote: Arbiter213 wrote:
msblaw89 wrote:I know we don't really have a choice as 1Ls but...
1. What professors are easier and you actually learn in their class
2. What professors are easy and you don't learn a thing
3. What professors are hard as hell but you learn alot
4. What professors are impossibly hard and you don't learn anything
5. Which professors are middle of the road
If you can also add what they teach
1. You don't get ANY choice, so don't worry about it.
2. You realize this is a curve right? As in, there is no "easy' professor?
3. See above, but Holden Smith
5. Do you really don't understand how a curve works.
I realize I don't have a choice and there is a curve...but some professors have to be inherently better or easier than others
When you get your student ID, you'll get access to CLSevals, which is a student run professor-review site. It's anonymous and helpful.
All professors are good. In any given class of 100, there will be a handful of students that love the prof and a handful that hate him/her.
You'll likely have Hillman for 1st or 2nd semester contracts, who is an incredible dude. Super slow, monotone, goofy humor that I really enjoyed. Some people hated his delivery though.
You'll also possibly have Ohlin for criminal law, who I really love. Super passionate and incredibly smart. He's also really into the normative/philosophy side of crim law. Some people dig that, and other people who might find themselves more drawn to the analytically dry side of the law make angry sighs the entire class.