Cornell 1L taking questions Forum

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
kn6542

Silver

Re: Cornell 1L taking questions

Post by kn6542 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:07 pm

TopLaw_Diva wrote:Here's a link to my craigslist post for apartment essentials. PM me if you want me to take anything off your hands. :wink:

--LinkRemoved--
wut

logicianwannabe

New

Post by logicianwannabe » Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:03 pm

TopLaw_Diva wrote:Here's a link to my craigslist post for apartment essentials. PM me if you want me to take anything off your hands. :wink:

--LinkRemoved--
wow. Don't invite me to your wedding.

TopLaw_Diva

New

Post by TopLaw_Diva » Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:59 am

logicianwannabe wrote:

--LinkRemoved--

LOL!!! I can honestly say that I've heard that before....Hey closed mouths don't get fed... :wink:

spanktheduck

Bronze

Post by spanktheduck » Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:51 am

markakis wrote:Hey does anyone have information on the number of firms interviewing on campus this august? I understand you can get this information on Symplicity, which I have no access to. Can someone help me with this info?
Thanks
opps, quoted the wrong thing. :oops:
Last edited by spanktheduck on Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

ddp

New

Post by ddp » Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:03 am

TopLaw_Diva wrote:
logicianwannabe wrote:

--LinkRemoved--

LOL!!! I can honestly say that I've heard that before....Hey closed mouths don't get fed... :wink:

Haha true

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

kn6542

Silver

Post by kn6542 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:11 am

TopLaw_Diva wrote:
logicianwannabe wrote:

--LinkRemoved--

Probably the easiest way to get fed is to put something in your own mouf. That is, go look for what you need, not post ads asking other people to do the work for you. Nobody actually cares that you need basic household items and don't want to pay retail for them.

markakis

New

Post by markakis » Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:13 am

spanktheduck wrote:
markakis wrote:Hey does anyone have information on the number of firms interviewing on campus this august? I understand you can get this information on Symplicity, which I have no access to. Can someone help me with this info?
Thanks
This actually seems like a pretty god idea.
um...are you being sarcastic or what? I'm an 0L; just tell me if the information is supposed to be a secret

spanktheduck

Bronze

Post by spanktheduck » Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:39 am

markakis wrote:
spanktheduck wrote:
Thanks
This actually seems like a pretty god idea.
um...are you being sarcastic or what? I'm an 0L; just tell me if the information is supposed to be a secret
I wasn't being sarcastic, just stupid. I quoted the wrong post. Sorry.

TopLaw_Diva

New

Post by TopLaw_Diva » Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:32 pm

kn6542 wrote:
TopLaw_Diva wrote:
logicianwannabe wrote:

--LinkRemoved--

Probably the easiest way to get fed is to put something in your own mouf. That is, go look for what you need, not post ads asking other people to do the work for you. Nobody actually cares that you need basic household items and don't want to pay retail for them.
To be clear, I was simply asking if any one had these particular items and no longer needed them...If they don't have them then I fully intend to get them myself (or as you say " put something in your own mouf")...It's not that I want people to do "the work" for me (I'm not even sure what that means because if they have to item I'm paying for it and willing to come get it), it's just that I'm using the common sense that God gave me and asking first...it's a win-win situation for both parties...btw don't look for that invite...

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

ddp

New

Post by ddp » Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:52 pm

kn6542 wrote:
TopLaw_Diva wrote:
logicianwannabe wrote:

--LinkRemoved--

take a chill pill. I just put a bunch of my stuff on the street cause I couldn't take it with me to Ithaca. Would have gladly given it to someone who wanted it.

fsohn

Bronze

Post by fsohn » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:43 am

zeetraveler wrote:I'm debating about whether I should scout out good prices for books on amazon now, or wait until I get to Ithaca next week and see if I can get them from rising 2Ls. Is there a way law students usually communicate which books they're selling(I'm suspecting some sort of listserve)? Does Kraftees or the bookstore ever have a better deal on used books?
There is a wiki that was created last year, but no one uses it. Around finals time, the school-wide listserv gets spammed with offers of supplements, and there is a CLSA-organized supplement sale. If you are looking for casebooks, however, there are plenty of 2Ls on this board who are willing to sell below bookstore used prices, because it would work out better for all parties involved. I am one of those 2Ls. Feel free to PM me.

Bronze

Post by 18488 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:24 pm

fsohn wrote:
zeetraveler wrote:I'm debating about whether I should scout out good prices for books on amazon now, or wait until I get to Ithaca next week and see if I can get them from rising 2Ls. Is there a way law students usually communicate which books they're selling(I'm suspecting some sort of listserve)? Does Kraftees or the bookstore ever have a better deal on used books?
There is a wiki that was created last year, but no one uses it. Around finals time, the school-wide listserv gets spammed with offers of supplements, and there is a CLSA-organized supplement sale. If you are looking for casebooks, however, there are plenty of 2Ls on this board who are willing to sell below bookstore used prices, because it would work out better for all parties involved. I am one of those 2Ls. Feel free to PM me.
I am also one of those 2Ls.

kn6542

Silver

Post by kn6542 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:29 pm

Yes, people start spamming the listserve. I also have some materials left. If you want a list of what i have, PM me. And that goes for anyone else reading this, too. I have most of my casebooks left and a few supplements, as well as an awesome civpro book with some srsly helpful notes and answers to book questions (which are often the questions profs ask when calling on you.)

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

panda

Bronze

Post by panda » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:33 pm

what is the school-wide listserve? pardon the ignorance..

kn6542

Silver

Post by kn6542 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:48 pm

panda wrote:what is the school-wide listserve? pardon the ignorance..
I think you get signed up automatically once you get your cornell email. Maybe someone else recalls when that happens.

azxount10

New

Post by azxount10 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:13 pm

I have heard that one of the deans at Cornell Law, Anne Lukingbeal, should be generally avoided by the students who are men because she has a tendency to be unfair to them and generally unapproachable, and that Dean Siliciano is more reasonable for administrative matters such as studying abroad.

neskerdoo

Silver

Post by neskerdoo » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:28 pm

azxount10 wrote:I have heard that one of the deans at Cornell Law, Anne Lukingbeal, should be generally avoided by the students who are men because she has a tendency to be unfair to them and generally unapproachable, and that Dean Siliciano is more reasonable for administrative matters such as studying abroad.

haha, is this what you've 'heard'?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

kn6542

Silver

Post by kn6542 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:11 pm

neskerdoo wrote:
azxount10 wrote:I have heard that one of the deans at Cornell Law, Anne Lukingbeal, should be generally avoided by the students who are men because she has a tendency to be unfair to them and generally unapproachable, and that Dean Siliciano is more reasonable for administrative matters such as studying abroad.

haha, is this what you've 'heard'?
He heard it rattle around in his own head a few times and thought that constituted a rumor.

Yeah, sorry aaxxczxj290, but Lukingbeal is great.

Patches

New

Post by Patches » Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:37 pm

Hey 2Ls, do any of you know anything about Profs Clermont, Summers, Wendel, Chafetz, and Whelan? I read some of the info about Clermont and Summers from the other board, but what about the others? Thanks in advance!!

neskerdoo

Silver

Post by neskerdoo » Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:33 am

Patches wrote:Hey 2Ls, do any of you know anything about Profs Clermont, Summers, Wendel, Chafetz, and Whelan? I read some of the info about Clermont and Summers from the other board, but what about the others? Thanks in advance!!

You scored in the Lawyering department...

fsohn

Bronze

Post by fsohn » Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:47 am

Patches wrote:Hey 2Ls, do any of you know anything about Profs Clermont, Summers, Wendel, Chafetz, and Whelan? I read some of the info about Clermont and Summers from the other board, but what about the others? Thanks in advance!!
I've heard from people who've taken Chafetz's class that you learn somewhat offbeat stuff, like the contempt power of Congress. He is also apparently an amatuer scotch buff.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

paraducks

New

Post by paraducks » Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:40 pm

a few q's:

1) what's the most convenient way to get to the gym? from what i can gather, noyes is the closest to the law school. is there are a parking lot that i can use?

2) any suggestions on taking the bus from downtown (aurora st, specifically?). from what i can tell, line 10 seems to be best. any other useful info would be appreciated.

3) i purchased 10 24-hour parking passes. how and where can i use them?

FCD

New

Post by FCD » Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:31 am

I'm sure this has been asked before, but what's the ranking situation at Cornell? Are students ranked individually, put into percentage groups, or what?

Bronze

Post by 18488 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:01 am

FCD wrote:I'm sure this has been asked before, but what's the ranking situation at Cornell? Are students ranked individually, put into percentage groups, or what?
they publish the median and top 10% cutoff, and put a deans list mark on your transcript if you're top 30%.

FCD

New

Post by FCD » Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:47 am

thanks!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”