1L Summer: Big 4 or Judicial Internship Forum

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
taxgavin

New

1L Summer: Big 4 or Judicial Internship

Post by taxgavin » Fri May 04, 2018 12:48 pm

With the goal of landing a 2L SA and an eventual position in BigLaw tax, would a Big 4 accounting firm tax internship or a district court judicial internship be a smarter use of my 1L summer? I have an accounting UG and slightly under two years of public accounting WE.

sparkytrainer

Silver

Re: 1L Summer: Big 4 or Judicial Internship

Post by sparkytrainer » Fri May 04, 2018 1:05 pm

You need to say more about the internship. Is it with a tax judge? Is it with a prestigious judge in a prestigious district?

taxgavin

New

Post by taxgavin » Fri May 04, 2018 4:31 pm

sparkytrainer wrote:You need to say more about the internship. Is it with a tax judge? Is it with a prestigious judge in a prestigious district?
I haven’t secured any judicial internships, but I would be in NYC.

sparkytrainer

Silver

Post by sparkytrainer » Fri May 04, 2018 4:43 pm

taxgavin wrote:
sparkytrainer wrote:You need to say more about the internship. Is it with a tax judge? Is it with a prestigious judge in a prestigious district?
In the fed district court or state court? In the SD, ED? With what judge? I mean those things can actually matter.

taxgavin

New

Post by taxgavin » Fri May 04, 2018 5:47 pm

sparkytrainer wrote:
taxgavin wrote:
In the fed district court or state court? In the SD, ED? With what judge? I mean those things can actually matter.

As a 0L, I don’t have that info. This is all hypothetical. I guess just assume very middle-of-the-road, average judge in federal district court.

Thank you for your responses - perhaps it’s a little early for me to be asking this question.

RaceJudicata

Gold

Post by RaceJudicata » Sat May 05, 2018 9:12 am

taxgavin wrote:
sparkytrainer wrote:
taxgavin wrote:

As a 0L, I don’t have that info. This is all hypothetical. I guess just assume very middle-of-the-road, average judge in federal district court.

Thank you for your responses - perhaps it’s a little early for me to be asking this question.
Haha, bingo. Yes way to early to be concerned about this. Way to early to be thinking about law school. Enjoy your summer. As an aside 1L job doesn’t matter.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”