Figuring Out What The Professor Wants

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
carsondalywashere
Posts: 526
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:33 pm

Figuring Out What The Professor Wants

Postby carsondalywashere » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:08 am

I hear this adage a lot; success in law school depends on figuring out what the professor wants. In retrospect, I can see what some of my first semester professors wanted, and others I have still not quite figured out.

What can I do during this semester to figure this out? Obviously listen and pay attention in class. But I did that last semester, and still had difficulty figuring out the macro level landscape professors were trying to convey.

Hand
Posts: 3843
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 11:33 am

Re: Figuring Out What The Professor Wants

Postby Hand » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:13 am

the easiest thing to do is just ask! be sure to carry some gifts to curry their favor in office hours. check the wine thread for some suggestions for a nice bottle of vino!!!!

User avatar
magnum_law
Posts: 219
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:32 pm

Re: Figuring Out What The Professor Wants

Postby magnum_law » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:17 am

reach out to the profs family & friends . ask about the things the the prof likes/enjoys. that will more or less give u an idea of what they want

Hand
Posts: 3843
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 11:33 am

Re: Figuring Out What The Professor Wants

Postby Hand » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:19 am

magnum_law wrote:reach out to the profs family & friends . ask about the things the the prof likes/enjoys. that will more or less give u an idea of what they want

or just look up where the prof lives and go through their trash to look for clues about their heart's desires, although I'd recommend saving this in case the other suggestions don't work

carsondalywashere
Posts: 526
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:33 pm

Re: Figuring Out What The Professor Wants

Postby carsondalywashere » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:21 am

Lmao, I guess I deserve this for not being more specific.

I'm asking about what a professor wants from a student on an exam.

Hand
Posts: 3843
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 11:33 am

Re: Figuring Out What The Professor Wants

Postby Hand » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:38 am

carsondalywashere wrote:Lmao, I guess I deserve this for not being more specific.

I'm asking about what a professor wants from a student on an exam.

I understood what you were asking!! Perhaps you are just not cut out for life in law school!!

carsondalywashere
Posts: 526
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:33 pm

Re: Figuring Out What The Professor Wants

Postby carsondalywashere » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:14 pm

Hand wrote:
carsondalywashere wrote:Lmao, I guess I deserve this for not being more specific.

I'm asking about what a professor wants from a student on an exam.

I understood what you were asking!! Perhaps you are just not cut out for life in law school!!

That appears to be the case lmao




Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests