If you get a double major, will LSAC count all grades? Forum

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
lawapplicant2017

New

If you get a double major, will LSAC count all grades?

Post by lawapplicant2017 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:54 pm

LSAC states on their transcript summarization page that they tabulate all grades up until the first bachelors degree. This I understand.

I will be graduating December 2018. I am double majoring in political science and sociology. Minoring in Marketing. So my degree will be BA in poli science and sociology in December 2018.

Since I am only getting one degree with two majors and will graduate with it at one period of time (this dec.) will they count all grades? Has anyone else had a double major and did they count all?

mwells56

Silver

Re: If you get a double major, will LSAC count all grades?

Post by mwells56 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:56 pm

lawapplicant2017 wrote:LSAC states on their transcript summarization page that they tabulate all grades up until the first bachelors degree. This I understand.

I will be graduating December 2018. I am double majoring in political science and sociology. Minoring in Marketing. So my degree will be BA in poli science and sociology in December 2018.

Since I am only getting one degree with two majors and will graduate with it at one period of time (this dec.) will they count all grades? Has anyone else had a double major and did they count all?
Yes they count everything that is on your transcript.

albanach

Gold

Post by albanach » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:56 pm

mwells56 wrote:
lawapplicant2017 wrote:LSAC states on their transcript summarization page that they tabulate all grades up until the first bachelors degree. This I understand.

Yes they count everything that is on your transcript.
Indeed, they count everything on every transcript for college level credit. So, for example, in Ohio where middle school kids are offered classes with community college credit, those would be considered by LSAC for your overall GPA.

cavalier1138

Post by cavalier1138 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:51 pm

albanach wrote:Indeed, they count everything on every transcript for college level credit.
Well, just to clarify, they count everything on every transcript up to the moment that you are granted your first bachelor's. So hypothetically, if the OP were granted one bachelor's degree in December and the other in May, the grades between December and May would not count (but would still show up on the CAS report).

albanach

Gold

Post by albanach » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:52 pm

Good point. Shore up your GPA before getting your first degree.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”