GW grad and current Biglaw associate. Ask me Qs

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
AppraisalWaisal

GW grad and current Biglaw associate. Ask me Qs

Postby AppraisalWaisal » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:01 pm

Feel like procrastinating. If you have questions about GW, I will answer them here. If I don't get to it, I promise to check in on this thread periodically.

Edit: I'll add that I won't answer anything that would give away my identity but I'll try to answer to the max extent that I feel comfortable with.

AppraisalWaisal

Re: GW grad and current Biglaw associate. Ask me Qs

Postby AppraisalWaisal » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:25 am

No questions, eh? :lol: :D

jacketyellow

Postby jacketyellow » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:45 pm

AppraisalWaisal wrote:Feel like procrastinating. If you have questions about GW, I will answer them here. If I don't get to it, I promise to check in on this thread periodically.

Edit: I'll add that I won't answer anything that would give away my identity but I'll try to answer to the max extent that I feel comfortable with.

Why is GW so damn expensive? Why did it drop in rankings? Are you a minority? What was your class rank? (These questions shouldn't disclose your identity.)

AppraisalWaisal

Postby AppraisalWaisal » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:47 pm

jacketyellow wrote:
AppraisalWaisal wrote:Feel like procrastinating. If you have questions about GW, I will answer them here. If I don't get to it, I promise to check in on this thread periodically.

Why is GW so damn expensive? Why did it drop in rankings? Are you a minority? What was your class rank? (These questions shouldn't disclose your identity.)

No idea exactly why its expensive but most big city/major market private law schools are expensive. GW undergrad is also known for having a lot of rich kids so I think that plays some role in the law school's pricing too. There was a popular instagram blog when I was there about student cars at GW, basically various pics of luxury exotic cars being driving by 19 yearolds.

the TLDR of why we dropped in the rankings (from my understanding) is because the faculty are greedy and they won't cut class sizes to coincide with decreasing law school applicants. The former dean actually did do this, but they ousted him because they didn't want smaller class sizes (less tuition).
https://www.gwhatchet.com/2013/02/25/la ... oust-dean/

Not a minority.
Graduated around top 1/3.

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”