UNIONS OF WORKERS locus standi - SUMMER CAMP BENEFIT-

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
itarsi

UNIONS OF WORKERS locus standi - SUMMER CAMP BENEFIT-

Postby itarsi » Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:32 am

Hi, I am new in the forum, I live in SouthAmerica, it's amazing I have the chance to ask this question in an international forum, 50 years ago the type of qualified information we can share online was only reserved for a few.
Sorry if my way of expressing in English is not easy to read or understand, but I promiss you, allow me to say, that I need this information in order to take an important decition in a local case involved an internation company and the union of workers related to a benefit they had since 20 years ago of sending their kids to a summercamp that lasted a month. The company decided in 2010 to close the summer camp and give the workers the value in money.
The first problem to solve in order to analize if the Union has locus standi to be heard in court. In order to understand this, I have to say that the summer camp belongs to the Union, the physic space, so they are some kind interested in keeping the status quo since they get money from the company (believe me its a big one). This doesnt imply they dont have a strong right or locus standi but somehow it makes it harder to stand for its right to keep the situation as at it was since 20 years ago.
However, the quid that needs to be focused on is the right of the workers represented by the union to have a summer camp which became a benefit and a so a right to be sustained in courts (which the company doesnt argue it exists) since they also represent the higher interest of their child.
If somehow I made myself clear, please I would like some advice or supreme court precedent which might give me waider view of the case.
Thanks.

Capitol_Idea

Re: UNIONS OF WORKERS locus standi - SUMMER CAMP BENEFIT-

Postby Capitol_Idea » Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:37 am

Hi, we don't give legal advice here. That's not what this forum is. I recommend you talk to a lawyer, not a law school online forum.

sublime

Re: UNIONS OF WORKERS locus standi - SUMMER CAMP BENEFIT-

Postby sublime » Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:56 am

Capitol_Idea wrote:Hi, we don't give legal advice here. That's not what this forum is. I recommend you talk to a lawyer, not a law school online forum.

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”